This is annoying news. I kind of hope it's Saturday as was going to watch Chems or Hot Chip but could be tempted away by Streets. Hopkins and Cure would win out on the other days though.

Sunday doesn’t make sense to me. Unless Mike has massively reformed, why would a man known for riotous live gigs - let alone whiskey, fags & pills - willingly skip off straight from a headline performance to a low-key DJ set?

If what’s being said elsewhere about him usually enjoying a full weekend of fun with Murkage Dave and the rest, Saturday makes sense for live, Sunday for DJing. 

28 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sunday doesn’t make sense to me. Unless Mike has massively reformed, why would a man known for riotous live gigs - let alone whiskey, fags & pills - willingly skip off straight from a headline performance to a low-key DJ set?

If what’s being said elsewhere about him usually enjoying a full weekend of fun with Murkage Dave and the rest, Saturday makes sense for live, Sunday for DJing. 

Like I said in the other thread he’s Dj’d after pretty much every gig they’ve done since the comeback. 

He certainly takes great pride in his djing these days and he says the rum shack is his favourite place on site so I would say he’ll be viewing it as an afterparty of sorts. 

I also don’t think he’s stayed the full weekend in recent years. In 2017 they were in and out I believe. 

I’d be massively surprised if they weren’t Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Divein said:

Like I said in the other thread he’s Dj’d after pretty much every gig they’ve done since the comeback. 

He certainly takes great pride in his djing these days and he says the rum shack is his favourite place on site so I would say he’ll be viewing it as an afterparty of sorts. 

I also don’t think he’s stayed the full weekend in recent years. In 2017 they were in and out I believe. 

I’d be massively surprised if they weren’t Sunday.

Okay, this definitely checks out then. I figured it'd go the other way: he has such pride in DJing that he wouldn't want to overlap with a big comeback live performance, but if he sees it as a roll from one to the other then sure.

Sunday would be a bummer and my first major clash conundrum.

Was really hoping they'd headline JP on the Friday, not seen them for years.

I'll choose The Cure over Mike and co. but imagine the rest of my group will do the opposite.

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Never seen a headliner at John Peel. What’s the timing like getting down S.E.C from there? 

It's about as far away as you could reasonably be, you'll have all of the Pyramid and/or Other traffic ahead of you, not to mention all the smaller stages, so it'll take a while.

Saw the last couple shows in Brixton Academy. Glad I went the second time, it more than made up for the shocking sound first time round. Should be class in JP.

I'm so torn on this slot.

Missed Janelle a few years ago because of a clash. Really SHOULD take the chance to see The Cure. 

But I lovelovelove The Streets... especially at festivals. 

38 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

Really excited now! Looking like he's in good form at the moment and the band and backing singer sound good.

Backing singer?! I’m hope you’re not referring to one of Best voices of any lead singer this country has ever produced, Mr Rob Harvey.

38 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

Really excited now! Looking like he's in good form at the moment and the band and backing singer sound good.

Backing singer?! I’m hope you’re not referring to one of Best voices of any lead singer this country has ever produced, Mr Rob Harvey.

1 hour ago, Divein said:

Woops. I've been rumbled! Just looked him up. Thanks!

On 5/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Never seen a headliner at John Peel. What’s the timing like getting down S.E.C from there? 

Looks like the streets finish 20 to 30mins before the other headliners. Maybe enough to get a head start to se corner? 

Screenshot_20190621_155518_uk.co.ee.Glastonbury2013.jpg