Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

On 5/7/2019 at 7:15 PM, dentalplan said:

I think the only way out of the situation is if Janet plays four down. Theoretically it doesn’t matter a jot whether she’s third or fourth down the order because either spot is lower than you’d expect her at a festival, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Unless the Bandsintown info is a red herring and Janet's the Sunday subheadliner.

When The fucking Sun got the scoop she was playing in the first place they had her pegged for the Sunday.

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless the Bandsintown info is a red herring and Janet's the Sunday subheadliner.

When The fucking Sun got the scoop she was playing in the first place they had her pegged for the Sunday.

She’s playing Switzerland on Sunday, I’m afraid.

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Curses!  Foiled again.

Missing Friday sub if it's not George Ezra?

Pin your hopes on them switching her with someone else on the West Holts Saturday lineup before the times get put on the page. Or after, even. It is a strange clash and them swapping her with, say, Slowthai shouldn't really be a problem or either act.

I think Lizzo won't actually clash with Janet Jackson, somehow. Whether it's that she's actually not fourth down or Janet isn't actually third down. It's just a really baffling clash. We've been here with Flaming Lips/Radiohead, Metallica/Pixies/Jack White, Nick Cave/Smashing Pumpkins but those seem very reasonable when compared to this. And obviously with all those they were kind of unavoidable because of the size and stage show of the acts - whereas Lizzo could have been on any of the five main stages.

15 hours ago, jaimebionic said:

lizzo played the pussy parlour a few years ago maybe she will revisit that for old times sake!

She did?

*googles*

She did! I remember seeing this performance on BBC in 2014, but I never connected it to Lizzo in 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Saw Lizzo last night in Manchester at the Ritz and can honestly say in many years of gigging in Manchester I have never heard a crowd as loud as hers. She really knows how to work a crowd. 

Oooo yeah, it’s gonna be a riot isn’t it. I can’t wait!! 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fucksticks.  Though Lizzo is on her way up and will be around for years to come. This will be the only opportunity to see Janet.

Although there's a case to be made for seeing an artist at their prime vs past their prime as well. It's a tough call whichever way you look at it.