Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

If you're pushing up the amount of female acts, it's inevitable that some of them will clash. It's a shame. Not sure who I'll see.

Tbf putting strong women on simultaneously is a way to make sure that people will go pray at their altar.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf putting strong women on simultaneously is a way to make sure that people will go pray at their altar.

I'd probably have seen all three if I could. Hey ho!

Did you get lucky in the resale btw DP? 

17 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I'd probably have seen all three if I could. Hey ho!

Did you get lucky in the resale btw DP? 

There is that as well. :P

Nah, sadly not. Been surreal going from straight in every year to losing out in each major sale. But I guess if fairness dictates we all have to miss one eventually, I’m happy that it’s this year and not next!

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any wiggle room at all for avoiding that Lizzo - JJ clash? Who's third down on the Pymild?

As far as we know Janet is supposedly third down below Liam and The Killers. Real fucker as I’d love to see them both but seems inevitable. Janet wins this, even if I feel like Lizzo’s set will be one of those that goes down as one of the best of the festival.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any wiggle room at all for avoiding that Lizzo - JJ clash? Who's third down on the Pymild?

I think the only way out of the situation is if Janet plays four down. Theoretically it doesn’t matter a jot whether she’s third or fourth down the order because either spot is lower than you’d expect her at a festival, but I wouldn’t count on it.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lizzo's the sort to also do a late night set somewhere as well.  

Isn't she? Yes she is.

Based on absolutely nothing whatsoever I’ve got it into my head that Lizzo will guest with Hot Chip. 

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There is that as well. :P

Nah, sadly not. Been surreal going from straight in every year to losing out in each major sale. But I guess if fairness dictates we all have to miss one eventually, I’m happy that it’s this year and not next!

Ach, bad times. Fingers crossed for you next year.

Anyone watch her at Coachella? Apparently she just played to a backing track which is a little disappointing.

18 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Ach, bad times. Fingers crossed for you next year.

Anyone watch her at Coachella? Apparently she just played to a backing track which is a little disappointing.

Thanks.

I can’t see it mattering much. It’s all about her and she’s got the stage presence and personality to deliver. And, while it can be great, I’m not too keen on rappers and singers distorting their live show to pander to rockists (and jazzists?) anyway as it sets a bit of an unnecessary and unfair standard.