Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

9 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

There were signs of her being less than nice years ago, but all sorts of sanctimonious assholes (not here but elsewhere) would be quick to call you a degenerate for bringing this up or for saying anything less than praise about her music and so-called virtuous brand.

Guess who got to be vindicated in the end huh.

I’d wait and see how the court case pans out before crowing about vindication. But she did do remarkably well to survive the delivery driver/Chris Brown/spastic stuff as some sort of beacon of goodness.

The salacious headlines are a bit meh and open to interpretation. But there are less dramatic allegations in that lawsuit that are absolutely abusive and were directed personally by Lizzo. Several players not involved in the lawsuit have stuck their heads over the parapet to back up the dancers. 
Her statement was dire. Absolutely feckin’ terrible. 
And I’m really sad about it all. 

55 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

The salacious headlines are a bit meh and open to interpretation. But there are less dramatic allegations in that lawsuit that are absolutely abusive and were directed personally by Lizzo. Several players not involved in the lawsuit have stuck their heads over the parapet to back up the dancers. 

Yes there is definitely more exposure on the fatphobic thing but you barely hear about their claim of being underpaid compared to other crew members.

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’d wait and see how the court case pans out before crowing about vindication. But she did do remarkably well to survive the delivery driver/Chris Brown/spastic stuff as some sort of beacon of goodness.

I bet the case gets settled. But there were also other former co-workers outside of the lawsuit who attested a hostile work environment, so I don't see her reputation recovering to where it was.

• Like 1

The best she can hope for is an out of court settlement or her lawyers crushing her accusers into submission. But either way the damage is surely done. The knives will be out when she next attempts to release music/tour, and the tone of that statement yesterday doesn’t exactly give off the impression she’ll have the humility to successfully navigate those choppy waters. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone who truly believed all that self love, body positive thing was real (or even a good thing anyway) and not an act needed their head examined. Nothing more than a gimmick and to me showed she was happy to pretend to be something that she wasn't right from the start. Always red flags for me with that. I liked her music and really enjoyed her set in 2019 but loads on here seemed to think she was the second coming.

Edited by gherkin8r
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

Anyone who truly believed all that self love, body positive thing was real (or even a good thing anyway) and not an act needed their head examined. Nothing more than a gimmick and to me showed she was happy to pretend to be something that she wasn't right from the start. Always red flags for me with that. I liked her music and really enjoyed her set in 2019 but loads on here seemed to think she was the second coming.

She’s done some great work over the last few years around self-image and being a role model for body positivity, whether she actually meant it or not, and has annoyed a lot of the right people along the way. People giving it the “Lizzo fat shaming?!? Lolz” are twats.

At the same time however, there have been a few suggestions down the years that she is nowhere near as nice as she likes to make herself out to be.

It’s possible to do good and not be a fantastic person at the same time.

• Upvote 3

On 8/6/2023 at 3:31 AM, gherkin8r said:

Anyone who truly believed all that self love, body positive thing was real (or even a good thing anyway) and not an act needed their head examined. 

The element of those people that would harass others and/or engage in slanderous character assassination should get a lobotomy.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

• 1 month later...