2021 Lineup

19 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

Stereophonics played both those venues on their last tour and headlined Kendal Calling in 2017

Biffy are of course a bit different in that they are established major festival headliners, but it does feel like they're running out of options to maintain that status

The last time they headlined Download they reportedly played to a smaller crowd than Rob Zombie on the 2nd stage and their booking for 2021 has been met with universal indifference

Of course they could potentially headline Isle of Wight again, but they share headliners with the like of Kendal Calling already so I wouldn't really see them being booked for APE, Kendal, Truck, etc. as that much of a drop

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I always think for Biffy as having a *slightly* older fanbase these days that doesn't quite match the largely GCSE/ A level crowd of R+L (not that this is an issue, it's when I started going!)

Download/ Kendall/ Victorious all seem to match that slightly older demographic, I never seem to see quite as young a crowd. 

Biffy swapping from R+L to these festivals may not be due to size (they can still sell out massive arenas) but because it's where their target audience now is, meaning they can shift more tickets?

Might be completely off the mark there but just some thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Driver? I don’t think it’s crap but it sounds so dated. Pendulum just sound so far beyond dated in 2020.

Nah I think it’s great, the one they just played on R1 is a bit more poppy. But they’re bloody great 

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Nah I think it’s great, the one they just played on R1 is a bit more poppy. But they’re bloody great 

Yeah, I love them too, especially live.

How about you and I meeting up in the pit? We'll have a great time while every one else is worrying about how ‘dated’ they sound and debating how ‘relevant’ they are.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I love them too, especially live.

How about you and I meeting up in the pit? We'll have a great time while every one else is worrying about how ‘dated’ they sound and debating how ‘relevant’ they are.

I would be glad to join you in the pit when they inevitably come back to Reading, shall be a fun time

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It wouldn't be a long debate.

Nope, you’ll realise they’re not dated within a couple of minutes 😉

4 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

I'd be interested in seeing Pendulum if they start putting some effort in to their stage production again rather than using Windows Media Player visualizations as their backdrop

Their shows at Wembley in 2010 were fantastic and I'd love to see them back up to that standard

Didn’t they say their Reading like 2010 gig was the best they’ve ever done 

21 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Day tix released next week. Could have some acts meanwhile as they will wanna show the lineup prior to that surely

The link states that the day splits are announced next week along with some "more surprises" so maybe another line up announced prior to day tickets going on sale too?

31 minutes ago, foolee said:

The link states that the day splits are announced next week along with some "more surprises" so maybe another line up announced prior to day tickets going on sale too?

Better have better acts, my MUST watch list is: QOTSA. Done.