TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

On 4/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, H.M.V said:

Paging @lucyginger and @Wellyboot and @noplacelikehome to get involved in this thread. :D 

Ooh thanks @H.M.V dont really drink cider but I will now! Not heard of that one before but Mr Dotty has already been on the look out. Away in yorkshire atm and no sign of it here 

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

Ooh thanks @H.M.V dont really drink cider but I will now! Not heard of that one before but Mr Dotty has already been on the look out. Away in yorkshire atm and no sign of it here 

Aye but good to keep an eye on the thread for other comps. ?

On 4/7/2019 at 1:00 PM, Dukeicon said:

I'm possibly being thick here... obviously you would pay more to by 3 packs of 4 rather than 1 pack of 12. But I'm assuming the 12 pack still only has one code in so you have a better chance buying the 3 cases separately?

59 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

But I'm assuming the 12 pack still only has one code in so you have a better chance buying the 3 cases separately?

That would seem to be a logical assumption to me. It would be interesting to actually know if the 12 pack had three bar codes on it ie. that they had factored this potential anomaly out.

51 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That would seem to be a logical assumption to me. It would be interesting to actually know if the 12 pack had three bar codes on it ie. that they had factored this potential anomaly out.

They may not have to be fair as if people want 3 entries they have to pay £10.50 for 12 cans as opposed to £7 for 12 if you just get the 12 pack in the first place.

Also one of those where realistically how many people will care about the competition? It pains me the thought of some cider lover just throwing his packaging away without even checking the code!

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

They may not have to be fair as if people want 3 entries they have to pay £10.50 for 12 cans as opposed to £7 for 12 if you just get the 12 pack in the first place.

Also one of those where realistically how many people will care about the competition? It pains me the thought of some cider lover just throwing his packaging away without even checking the code!

I'm guessing they'll give away the same amount regardless - the code won't be necessarily tied to a particular prize. If you know what I mean..?

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I think that I may have come up with an ingenious solution to the problem - buy 3 lots of 12 for £21. If you don't win, then you've got enough alcohol artillery to drown your sorrows.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think that I may have come up with an ingenious solution to the problem - buy 3 lots of 12 for £21. If you don't win, then you've got enough alcohol artillery to drown your sorrows.

I like it!

I was going to buy some today but thought there isn’t much point until after resale really. If I am successful in resale and then win the competition it’s after the cutoff for a refund anyway!

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Would you really care if that happens? You still would have got a drink out of it, and you could possibly pass off the winning tickets(s) to an amigoe(s).

I won’t care either way as long as I have a ticket! Will just be a shame as you can’t usually give the ticket away to someone else!

EDIT: I mean competition tickets. They normally ask for proof of ID to show you are indeed the person that won the ticket.

Edited by DareToDibble

On 4/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, morph100 said:

just seen them in Tesco, considered ripping them open photographing them and running but instead bought a 7%. iPA And ran

Lots of good IPAs in Tesco now. 'Love & Hate' from Vocation is a good NE Pale Ale, 7.2% and a 440ml can for £3! 'Life & Death' long been a staple too

Since Magic Rock have been bought out they're core range is available in Tesco too. Cannonball, Inhaler and Saucery all £1.80 a can. 

Just bought a couple of 4 packs of Mallets, didn't win one of their instant prizes. Interestingly I didn't get a message or anything to say I was entered into the draw for Glastonbury tickets but I'm assuming everyone who enters a code will be put in the draw rather than it being just the people who have won one of their "instant wins"?

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Thanks for the direct link Gnomicide. I'm not trying for tickets in the further sale this year, but will certainly try my hand at any competitions to go, and have now entered my first one thanks to you. It keeps alive my deep secret desire to still get to the efests meet up. 

• Upvote 1