Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

9 minutes ago, Stubbsy55 said:

Best place to stand at the pyramid stage when you’re wanting to make a quick break away to the other stage straight after? 

Right hand side (facing the stage), as close to the front / long drops on your right / in front of the hedgeline / as possible. 

2 hours ago, jaimebionic said:

everyone seems to be forgetting about williams green, they usually have some pretty cool stuff too and some of the acts still left on the poster may play there.

Rat Boy in Williams Green on Saturday was one of my favourite sets in 2017. Absolutely chaotic in the best way. 

2 hours ago, Divein said:

I can’t see many of the acts left playing on Williams green.

But I do think they’re as deserving of their poster as the park and other stages.

It would be a lot better for the less well known bands on there to have a chance of people having a day or two to really digest their music instead of being swallowed up with the main stages. 

Yeah, Williams Green is usually a bit of a hidden gem for me when the full lineup comes out. It's always tucked away towards the bottom of the lineup page, but always has a few bands that I wanna check out.

Plus Thursday night around the Williams Green area is always fun, and has become our yearly tradition, regardless of whether we want to see the secret sets.

15 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Be interesting to know where Weezer and Placebo fit in all of this? If they are even playing that is.

Hoping for both, especially Weezer. JP headliners / Other subs? Could also do a secret 80's covers set somewhere?

Edited by wozwebs

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So to semi-confirm, we're not definitely expecting any announcements today right? If I can convince myself of that, I may be able to resist the temptation to check on here every 15 minutes 

I think we'll be getting Block 9 today.

Arcadia tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I may be able to resist the temptation to check on here every 15 minutes 

Say that to myself every day.

Must be more productive at work so I'm presuming that no announcements until block9 tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Friday for Block9 according to the poster yesterday in the E/D thread

Ah missed that.

Looking at it seems one person is saying Friday and the other that it's due in either today or tomorrow.

It's more blind hope that anything for the reason i'm expecting something for another two days on the trot.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Morning everyone – Block9 is Monday. From the horses' gigantic, laser-spewing mouth.

Democracy comes first, they're out to vote and canvass (and keen to not get in the way of May's resignation)

Is this cast iron, Ddd?

Edit: or a very confident sounding guess?

Edited by Woffy

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Morning everyone – Block9 is Monday. From the horses' gigantic, laser-spewing mouth.

Democracy comes first, they're out to vote and canvass (and keen to not get in the way of May's resignation)

Oh interesting! Wonder if that means we'll get Arcadia before that....

Saw yesterday that you were talking about it being Friday, but I guess it makes sense to delay it for that reason 

Hmmmm....which means if there were another large area set to announce, today would be better than tomorrow

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

(I'm not part of it – but I am close with them so, yeah, this is legit)

Nice one.

Just now, Sasperella said:

Oh interesting! Wonder if that means we'll get Arcadia before that....

Saw yesterday that you were talking about it being Friday, but I guess it makes sense to delay it for that reason 

Hmmmm....which means if there were another large area set to announce, today would be better than tomorrow

I'm all for stacking this week so we get the full menu as early as possible next week.

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Has there ever been a bank holiday announcement before?

From what i can find on the thingy (AHTT) i think Leftfield did in 2015 and Bourbon Street in 2011.

Was a quick job using calendars on my pc and the thingy so could easily be wrong

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Has there ever been a bank holiday announcement before?

I think @Gnomicidewill be at Bearded Theory by now, or on route.

I'll go check the Thingy...

Hang on, wasn't there one on the last Bank Holiday? Isn't that what Emily tweeted him about? She said she thought it was their first and Gnomy / Thingy pointed out there had been 2 or 3 IIRC.

Just now, Woffy said:

I think @Gnomicidewill be at Bearded Theory by now, or on route.

I'll go check the Thingy...

Hang on, wasn't there one on the last Bank Holiday? Isn't that what Emily tweeted him about? She said she thought it was their first and Gnomy / Thingy pointed out there had been 2 or 3 IIRC.

Think that was sunday announcements

36 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm starting to worry, I assumed this year was gonna be crazy full of stuff to see. All my faves are bringing new music out but hardly any are on the line up so far.

Hoping some are added to the final thing.

Totally the same for me. I keep thinking theres one of my faves lurking around the corner but so far no dice. This is currently the least jam packed Glasto ive ever had. Im actually looking forward to it - im usually running round from stage to stage constantly.

Going to have a lot more time to walk round and appriciate new music and new experiences  I think :)