Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

BBC 6music are live from Worthy Farm on 31st May 7:30am. Could this be announcement day?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005l6m

Live from Worthy Farm

Lauren Laverne comes live from Worthy Farm ahead of Glastonbury 2019 and is joined by Emily Eavis

There'll be news of what's happening on site this year plus live music and more, as the dairy farm transforms into the world's biggest music festival.

I reckon it’ll be the day or 2 before and they’ll explain it all on the show.  Great spot

5 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

BBC 6music are live from Worthy Farm on 31st May 7:30am. Could this be announcement day?

Live from Worthy Farm

Lauren Laverne comes live from Worthy Farm ahead of Glastonbury 2019 and is joined by Emily Eavis

There'll be news of what's happening on site this year plus live music and more, as the dairy farm transforms into the world's biggest music festival.

I'd like it to happen but cant see it myself. Probably a few insights but nothing more.

I'm still predicting Monday the 3rd for the big drop.

*based on nothing other than my own hunch

Edited by dccool

5 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

Live from Worthy Farm

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

Live from Worthy Farm

I reckon a teatime line-up release the day before maybe. With the app going live immediately after the radio interview.

21 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

Live from Worthy Farm

I'm best man for a mates wedding that day, need something to distract me with how nervous i'll be!

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

I'm best man for a mates wedding that day, need something to distract me with how nervous i'll be!

Good luck! I did that last summer and it was indeed a nerve wracking build up, but when the actual day kicked off it was loads of fun. You'll have a great time ?

28 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

Live from Worthy Farm

She’s done this before (previous years), with the old morning show. Usually a couple of bits of info & perhaps a band or 2 playing some tunes.

However... if I remember correctly it was usually much earlier in the year... and this does seem to be strategically aligned with the time we would usually expect the full line up. Coincidence? ?

Edited by mario man

6 minutes ago, mario man said:

She’s done this before (previous years), with the old morning show. Usually a couple of bits of info & perhaps a band or 2 playing some tunes.

However... if I remember correctly it was usually much earlier in the year... and this does seem to be strategically aligned with the time we would usually expect the full line up. Coincidence? ?

Where is the "it's happening gif"?!

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Good luck! I did that last summer and it was indeed a nerve wracking build up, but when the actual day kicked off it was loads of fun. You'll have a great time ?

Cheers man, it's actually joint best man with another good mate of mine, who is a lot better at this speaking malarkey, so hoping he carries most of it!

@The Nal For sure i'll be having a few pints to calm my nerves. It's a late wedding, so speeches are scheduled for 5pm, so the issue will be not having too many and slurring my way through it.

3 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Cheers man, it's actually joint best man with another good mate of mine, who is a lot better at this speaking malarkey, so hoping he carries most of it!

@The Nal For sure i'll be having a few pints to calm my nerves. It's a late wedding, so speeches are scheduled for 5pm, so the issue will be not having too many and slurring my way through it.

Sure it'll be fine mate. 5pm speeches, what can go wrong ay?

giphy.gif

Edited by JoeyT

29 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

This was my worry in the build up to when I gave a best man speech. 

Had a few drinks to settle my nerves, then worries I was too pissed so drank some water. The thought I was becoming too sober so I had more booze. 

This continued for a good few hours. 

In the end I just needed a piss. 

1 hour ago, Brunty9 said:

Live from Worthy Farm

giphy.gif.157e4213217dd6a953afa83bb4e13116.gif

1 hour ago, Brunty9 said:

Live from Worthy Farm

1661561381_giphy(1).gif.1755d2d15f4d839b49c5d1ae887cf0f3.gif

That’s over a week. What benefit do they get from retaining the information? Do they think that, by this point, it really focusses attention on the smaller venues? Are they really obsessed with social media buzz? I love Glastonbury, and have for years, but this is the one aspect that really grates  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

May 31st it is then. Pretty typical date IIRC. Hopefully they squeeze a few more small announcements in before then.

I'm certain we will: one today (wormhole/park if we're very lucky), Block 9 Friday, Arcadia 28/29th, full lineup 31st

15 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

That’s over a week. What benefit do they get from retaining the information? Do they think that, by this point, it really focusses attention on the smaller venues? Are they really obsessed with social media buzz? I love Glastonbury, and have for years, but this is the one aspect that really grates  

I'm not sure they're just sitting on the complete info. The stage I'm playing on hasn't submitted yet, I don't think, so they probably don't have a full line-up.