The most smashed you’ve ever been?? (At the festival.)

Northern Soul

I would tell my story of me partaking in too much regretamine and other things and being "stuck" in the longdrops for over an hour in 2015... but the story about my two mates in 2013 is funnier:

Weds arrival, hadn't been to sleep since 6.30am Tues morning (didn't sleep till 3pm Thurs afternoon...extreme sleep deprived hallucinations, not helped by acid). Went up the hill early evening and did the usual "get really excited and really pissed and sample a load of our goodie bag" which contained said acid. Two mates weren't particularly great at handling them from past experiences, so I did try to advise them against it.

Anyway, few hours later our group of 15 or so were sat in a circle our tents, and the two lads in question were in a tent, I wouldn't say communicating with eachother, more so just flipping out queitly, to which one friend came crawling out the tent on his knees, followed by friend 2, on his knees. They then crawled around as if looking for something in the dirt, then finally came face to face with eachother, where friend one (with an EXTREMELY concerned expression on his face) asked:

Friend 1 "Are you pretending to be me"?

Friend 2 "Erm, erm"

Friend 1: "Mate, is everyone me"?

Friend 2: "I don't know. Erm. Er"?

Friend 1: *looks around and sees us all absolutely pissing ourselves* "OH shit, you're all pretending to be me"?

This repeated for a WHILE. I eventually took friend 2 into his tent as he was struggling (bare in mind I was about to come up, I kind of halted that to keep an eye on this lad), and did my best to keep him sane. He was fine eventually.

Fast forward to my attempted sleep at around 3pm Thurs, for the first time since the Tues morning, and having consciously delayed my trip... I was lying in my tent convinced that it was my first ever Glasto. It was my 3rd. I was severely confused. Bizarre mixture of deprivation and drugs. Also thought I had maggots trying to get in my throat. Had myself a reset button (xanax) and drifted off wonderfully, woke up to a mate saying they're off to Block 9 at 11pm Thurs evening. Ace.

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

No drugs tales from me, and I don’t usually have much to drink there... lightweight I know.... but worst I’ve ever felt was after 1 cider in 2017. Had travelled overnight coach from Edinburgh, and I can never sleep on a coach. Got through Gate A by 8:15, by which time it was already 30+ degrees. Had no water and nothing to eat at this point. Pitched my tent....Now if it was 30+ degrees... and getting hotter outside my tent, fiddling about with the bedroom bit inside felt like a slow roasting chicken. All done before 9am, decided my first cider at the bus would start me off nicely. One pint of dry cider later ( I think it’s around 9%) I couldn’t walk. Tried to wander to Williams Green and had to sit down at least three times. Took me all of Wednesday to recover.

Lesson learned... drink plenty fluid!

14 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I would tell my story of me partaking in too much regretamine and other things and being "stuck" in the longdrops for over an hour in 2015... but the story about my two mates in 2013 is funnier:

Weds arrival, hadn't been to sleep since 6.30am Tues morning (didn't sleep till 3pm Thurs afternoon...extreme sleep deprived hallucinations, not helped by acid). Went up the hill early evening and did the usual "get really excited and really pissed and sample a load of our goodie bag" which contained said acid. Two mates weren't particularly great at handling them from past experiences, so I did try to advise them against it.

Anyway, few hours later our group of 15 or so were sat in a circle our tents, and the two lads in question were in a tent, I wouldn't say communicating with eachother, more so just flipping out queitly, to which one friend came crawling out the tent on his knees, followed by friend 2, on his knees. They then crawled around as if looking for something in the dirt, then finally came face to face with eachother, where friend one (with an EXTREMELY concerned expression on his face) asked:

Friend 1 "Are you pretending to be me"?

Friend 2 "Erm, erm"

Friend 1: "Mate, is everyone me"?

Friend 2: "I don't know. Erm. Er"?

Friend 1: *looks around and sees us all absolutely pissing ourselves* "OH shit, you're all pretending to be me"?

This repeated for a WHILE. I eventually took friend 2 into his tent as he was struggling (bare in mind I was about to come up, I kind of halted that to keep an eye on this lad), and did my best to keep him sane. He was fine eventually.

Fast forward to my attempted sleep at around 3pm Thurs, for the first time since the Tues morning, and having consciously delayed my trip... I was lying in my tent convinced that it was my first ever Glasto. It was my 3rd. I was severely confused. Bizarre mixture of deprivation and drugs. Also thought I had maggots trying to get in my throat. Had myself a reset button (xanax) and drifted off wonderfully, woke up to a mate saying they're off to Block 9 at 11pm Thurs evening. Ace.

Wow!! That’s pretty (In tents mate) makes pissing myself after floating back to my tent from the SE corner look like child’s play. Well done sir??, good stewardship of yourself and your mate(s). 

5 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

Wow!! That’s pretty (In tents mate) makes pissing myself after floating back to my tent from the SE corner look like child’s play. Well done sir??, good stewardship of yourself and your mate(s). 

I do like a good float around the farm though. Glad you found your bag.

THAT has just reminded me...

Weds 2017, up the hill, just dropped a pill, I had 90% of my stash in a little bundle, covered in grey gaffa tape. Woke up in my tent sometime on Thurs morning, realised I'd lost the stash. Turned the tent and my clothes upside down, searched camp, asked mates, nothing. Pretty effing gutted at this point. Later that afternoon I was somewhere over the Park, my mate and his Mrs sent me a WhatsApp pic of my stash... I said "great, did you have it on you all along?", he said "No, my Mrs and I were just walking up the hill, and she trod on it and picked it up". This was MUCH further away from where I'd been the previous night too. All stash saved. Madness.

How?

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

This was MUCH further away from where I'd been the previous night too. All stash saved. Madness.

How?

Just bloody good luck mate, well done. The first time I was at the festival we stayed in Worthy View, walked down into the festival AM, all cool. Went back to our tents, walked back down later on and I got frisked on the way in. I FUCKING SHIT MYSELF, I had a pocket FULL of stuff I shouldn’t have had, and I’m not joking mate, she frisked my body, right pocket, arse pocket, and wallet, but didn’t check the left pocket of my shorts. Why? Well I’m not fucking arsed why, but I got away with it and it really threw me for hours after thinking about it....!! So close. Fuck me, I just sat down in the Stone Circle field thinking Jeeeeez. 

One morning, I thought I'd cured my shortsightedness in one eye. Had perfect vision in one eye, fuzzy in the other. Put my glasses on and had perfect vision in the other eye and fuzzy vision in the previously good eye. Took my glasses off and back to perfect vision in the first eye and fuzzy in the other. Kept repeating this for about 20 minutes.

Took me flippin' ages to realise that I'd only taken one of my contact lenses out the previous night before falling asleep.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

One morning, I thought I'd cured my shortsightedness in one eye. Had perfect vision in one eye, fuzzy in the other. Put my glasses on and had perfect vision in the other eye and fuzzy vision in the previously good eye. Took my glasses off and back to perfect vision in the first eye and fuzzy in the other. Kept repeating this for about 20 minutes.

Took me flippin' ages to realise that I'd only taken one of my contact lenses out the previous night before falling asleep.

School boy error?. ‘Least you didn’t piss yourself??

93, me and my mate had indulged in far too much acid and walked round one of the market area for hours looking for the source of a strobe light convinced we were going to find an all night dance area, eventually asked a stall holder if he knew where the elusive rave  was, only to be told the light was coming from the top of his milkshake stall.

We ordered two strawberry milkshakes, thanked him and headed off to get lost for the rest of the night 

Edited by blue6field

30 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

Just bloody good luck mate, well done. The first time I was at the festival we stayed in Worthy View, walked down into the festival AM, all cool. Went back to our tents, walked back down later on and I got frisked on the way in. I FUCKING SHIT MYSELF, I had a pocket FULL of stuff I shouldn’t have had, and I’m not joking mate, she frisked my body, right pocket, arse pocket, and wallet, but didn’t check the left pocket of my shorts. Why? Well I’m not fucking arsed why, but I got away with it and it really threw me for hours after thinking about it....!! So close. Fuck me, I just sat down in the Stone Circle field thinking Jeeeeez. 

This is scarily close to my entrance in 2013. I stupidly put ALL my stuff in an amber leaf box, and slid it inside my camping chair bag, which was basically transparent. I was stopped, body frisked, and my entire bag emptied. They looked inside my tent bag, and I was stood there trying to play it cool thinking, great, they're going to check the chair bag any second and it's all over. He picked up the bag, faced it at me and said "another tent?".... I was stood staring at a mountain of drugs inside the amber leaf box facing me, I just said "yeh tent", and he placed it back down hiding the box again ...

Why would I have two tents? How on earth is a camping chair similar to a tent? How lucky do I want to be? The excitement I had for 8 months or so leading to that festival knowing I was gonna see AM on the Pyramid will never, ever be beaten. The sheer fear and panic stood being searched, realising I was about to be thrown out, will also never be beaten.

We're lucky lads haha! I've been insanely meticulous about how I sneak it in since then. Like beyond belief.

The Saturday night of 2013

My mate and I had been taking MDMA all afternoon. We were pretty smashed already but as the sun started to go down we found ourselves up at the Stone Circle talking to some hippy girl. She was telling us how good the shrooms were that year so we asked her if she could get us some. 

She did. And that's where things turn very strange.

MDMA and Psilocybin is one potent combination. A wonderful combination, in fact. We all know how incredible and magical Glastonbury looks at night, even when you're dead sober. In the state we were in it was like heaven on earth. Words can't even describe how fantastic the place looked as we wandered around that night. We walked for hours and had the best time. 

Then comes loads of lost time. I vaguely remember at one point we ended up in a massive field where we were the only ones there. It was just one big empty field. If it was just me I would have been convinced I had imagined it but my friend remembers it too. No idea where that place was. 

Then in the early hours of the Sunday morning we are both just sat on the grass back near the Stone Circle. I start to feel everything beginning to wear off and i say to my friend, "maybe we should think about doing something because in a minute we are just going to be two blokes sat in a field".  He turns to me and says "well, what are we now then?" I think we laughed at that for about 2 hours straight. So, yeah, that's about as smashed as I've ever been at Glastonbury. It was wonderful. 

Edited by Henrik
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Henrik said:

The Saturday night of 2013

My mate and I had been taking MDMA all afternoon. We were pretty smashed already but as the sun started to go down we found ourselves up at the Stone Circle talking to some hippy girl. She was telling us how good the shrooms were that year so we asked her if she could get us some. 

She did. And that's where things turn very strange.

MDMA and Psilocybin is one potent combination. A wonderful combination, in fact. We all know how incredible and magical Glastonbury looks at night, even when you're dead sober. In the state we were in it was like heaven on earth. Words can't even describe how fantastic the place looked as we wondered around that night. We walked for hours and had the best time. 

Then comes loads of lost time. I vaguely remember at one point we ended up in a massive field where we were the only ones there. It was just one big empty field. If it was just me I would have been convinced I had imagined it but my friend remembers it too. No idea where that place was. 

Then in the early hours of the Sunday morning we are both just sat on the grass back near the Stone Circle. I start to feel everything beginning to wear off and i say to my friend, "maybe we should think about doing something because in a minute we are just going to be two blokes sat in a field".  He turns to me and says "well, what are we now then?" I think we laughed at that for about 2 hours straight. So, yeah, that's about as smashed as I've ever been at Glastonbury. It was wonderful. 

This is amazing haha. I've not done shrooms at GF before weirdly considering they're my favourite drug ever and have done multiple times before. I have planned to for 2019 though and cannae wait :D

1 hour ago, Northern Soul said:

I had what I considered a near miss a few years ago.

I generally store any sort of stash in one of those pouches which the police give out to store mobile phones in. You know the things, you pop them around your neck. Sort of ironic considering.

Anyway, I'm wondering down to the site in the morning and get stopped for a bag search. No problem, except for the stinking green in the pouch which I think is tucked under my t-shirt.

But this time it isn't and as I lean over to open my bag and the security chap leans down to rummage through, my pouch of of adventure dangles down and literally slaps him in the face. 

I stand there thinking this could not have gone any worse. I can smell it, surely he can?

His mouth opens to speak and I await my stash being taken from me but he just lets me through with no issues.

Thanks mr security man.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Is it juhist me that never gets drunk at Glasto? You're drinking all day so you reach a level but I never get 'smashed'.

High on the other hand.... ?

Totally agree, gulp down gallons of quality strength stuff but going beyond reasonably merry seems impossible. Same as weddings and Christmas day.

following my mate Paul around for hours, shouting at him to wait for me , as I wasn't in the best way. he just kept on getting angry with me and walking faster. i nearly lost him several times. I manged to catch up to him at the stone circle.

only to have this guy turn round in a massive paranoid state telling mt to fuck off and stop following him, he wasn't Paul and and to leave him the fuck alone. at the point i remembered Paul wasn't at the festival that year. I have no idea how or why I was alone. I looked around and the stone circle really started to freak me out . it was dark people were banging drums and i could see fires everywhere.

I ran off screaming......

This was also the year I fell asleep face down in a ditch in the middle of the afternoon, woke up after a great disco nap with two dead arms. and sunburn across my lower back where my t shirt and jacket had ridden up. great times

Edited by shuttlep
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

my mate Paul

Top track incidentely. Proper chilled hip hop/mellow vibes?

Edited by Northern Soul
I’ve got a special dance I do to this. Ha ha ha, lucky people in the Stone Circle field about 8 o clock on Wednesday night might just see it?