*****Paul McCartney*****

mike99

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

I think anyone who has spent any time working in retail over the Christmas period has an almost Pavlovian urge to stab themselves in the lugholes with a coat hangar every time they hear that song.

That applies to just about any Christmas song though.

It's been 20 years now and I still hate most Christmas music.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I think anyone who has spent any time working in retail over the Christmas period has an almost Pavlovian urge to stab themselves in the lugholes with a coat hangar every time they hear that song.

haha I would have said the same thing when i worked in retail while in uni.... now i find it one of the less annoying ones haha! Plus is Macca!!!

Fairytale of New York is/was a great song till it was ruined by overexposure. Basically there needs to be a moritorium on it being played for the next 10 years or so.

One of the few good things about living abroad is I don’t get inundated with Christmas songs, so when I fly back on the 22nd of December or whatever, it’s all new and fresh. If I were living in the UK with them all on heavy rotation from Mid November,, I’d be muderous.

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Fairytale of New York is/was a great song till it was ruined by overexposure. Basically there needs to be a moritorium on it being played for the next 10 years or so.

One of the few good things about living abroad is I don’t get inundated with Christmas songs, so when I fly back on the 22nd of December or whatever, it’s all new and fresh. If I were living in the UK with them all on heavy rotation from Mid November,, I’d be muderous.

Absolutely, I used to like that song, now it's like an exercise in endurance getting through christmas knowing it's going to be played every day for weeks! I feel like Bill Murray being woken up by his radio in ground hog day!