Resale Club 2019

McCor

21 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Yes, but to a house party - the money-saving-for-glastobury option :) Just turn up with one big bottle of spirits and a few ciders and you're good to go=

Love a house party. Had one recently for my partner as she turned 30. Had a proper sound system set up and done a hour Dj set with all her and her friends favourite tracks. I tried to shut the music off at 12.30 but somehow it continued until 5am. Had 20 people in a glorified garden shed about 3metres x 4metres. Was like a rave 

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

Got a mad few weeks coming up.

Nov 2nd - Cancer Bats and the Underworld in Manchester 

Nov 9th - New Order at Ally Pally

Nov 11th - Manchester derby

Nov 12th - Human League in Berlin

Now 13th - Prodigy in Leeds

That’s a busy schedule ! A good use of annual leave before December though !

14 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Has anybody ever worked the festival for Oxfam/Wateraid.. Do they just randomly select those that have volunteered or is there a little bit more to it? I'm not expecting the Apprentice but just wondered. 

Looking at all options currently. I'm a broken man.

Oxfam give priority for Glastonbury 2019 to anyone that did two festivals for them in 2018. Assuming that not all of the places are taken up by these priority people, my understanding is that the remaining places are allocated on a first come, first serve basis, through an online application system. If you were to get lucky and get a place for Glasto 2019, you wouldn't have to work another festival in 2019. However, if you do volunteer with them twice in 2019, you would get priority for the 2020 Glastonbury! 

The registration process is generally quite easy - a straightforward application form and then one character reference that basically anyone can fill in for you. I volunteered for Oxfam a Boomtown this year and found the three shifts to be a combination of mega stressful and tediously boring at different times. Although I don't think I'll be doing it again, there are a lot of benefits (a safe and secure campsite being the big one, although I think at Glastonbury it might be a little way away) and some people really love it. Might be worth signing up to see if you can secure a place that way if you're really desperate to go, but it's not guaranteed  - although if you failed to get a Glasto volunteering place, you wouldn't HAVE to do any other others just because you had registered.

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, NaturalWine said:

Love a house party. Had one recently for my partner as she turned 30. Had a proper sound system set up and done a hour Dj set with all her and her friends favourite tracks. I tried to shut the music off at 12.30 but somehow it continued until 5am. Had 20 people in a glorified garden shed about 3metres x 4metres. Was like a rave 

Haha that sounds awesome! I would have definitely tried to squeeze into that shed :lol:

It's been a while since I went to a really epic one, but I have high hopes for this - hosts have good music taste plus one of them is American and absolutely obsessed with Halloween. So I think that should be a good combo!

Still coming to terms with the lack of ticket but I've just realised I have a lot of gigs coming up in the next 6 months. As well as that my girlfriend and I, as well as some of our friends, have booked to go to Florida for 2 weeks in September which I've always wanted to do.

Still want that golden ticket in April though!

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha that sounds awesome! I would have definitely tried to squeeze into that shed :lol:

It's been a while since I went to a really epic one, but I have high hopes for this - hosts have good music taste plus one of them is American and absolutely obsessed with Halloween. So I think that should be a good combo!

It was pretty epic ! Glasto is like the biggest house party in the world to me. I’m even closer to my mates now and could rave anywhere because of it lol. It’s that freedom spirit of the festival, really opens you up. 

The party went wild when the music came on as well though! Had to get the MacBook fixed as prosecco got spilt all over it and the decks as well ? I didn’t even stop to turn it off just kept it playing.

Do you ever do a YouTube soundclash? Keep cutting in tracks until you ruin the vibe with a bad choice and get booed off the laptop ! Love them ones, you can’t force it though, has to happen naturally 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve had some good news today to help get over the lack of a ticket as I’ve exchanged contracts on my first flat this afternoon!! 

Congratulations!! Here’s an upvote to help you out of your negative reputation 

What did you say to end up with -7 anyway??

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks, it’s such a painful process, I never want to go through that again ?

I can imagine - I started saving last year with my partner and will be 4 years until we can afford a 1 bed flat in London. I'm actually from the Wirral, so sad to think that for £40K I could have a 3 bedroom semi detached house with a big garden back at home for that amount.

When will you be moving in? :)

4 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Agreed, the process is horrible. Especially the legal part.

The best bit follows now though! Enjoy it. I'll never forget the first time I let myself into my own flat! Such a great feeling of relief and excitement.

I’ll also never forget my first property. Remember it like it was yesterday. Bought a flat. Moved in. Thought to myself this is epic. I’m finally on the property ladder and I’ve made it in life!!

Sold it two years later and lost 12 grand!

Bugger...

2 hours ago, ledwards said:

I can imagine - I started saving last year with my partner and will be 4 years until we can afford a 1 bed flat in London. I'm actually from the Wirral, so sad to think that for £40K I could have a 3 bedroom semi detached house with a big garden back at home for that amount.

When will you be moving in? :)

I’ll be moving in 2 weeks today, complete on the 30th.

the process is so flawed it can fall apart at any moment and up to a point the money you put in will be lost.

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ll be moving in 2 weeks today, complete on the 30th.

the process is so flawed it can fall apart at any moment and up to a point the money you put in will be lost.

But if you exchange and the person you’re selling to/buying from then decides to pull out you keep their deposit ( usually 10%)

And if that happens you can then buy everyone VIP tickets for Glasto ?

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

So how are people working this? I need to get 2 tickets for friends in resale.. happy to tag an extra couple on if I get through. 

I don't think any of us are sure yet. Seems it is still a mixture of disappointment, shock and hope at the minute. 

Once Xmas is out the way,I think we will start formulating proper plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havors said:

So how are people working this? I need to get 2 tickets for friends in resale.. happy to tag an extra couple on if I get through. 

we've 6 going in total, we've all spoken and everyone is still 100% keen to go for the resale. We'll have to split into 2 groups of 3 and hope beyond hope that both batches of 3 get lucky. Will be a nervy old morning, worse than the main sale I'd say as we're drinking in the last chance saloon !

9 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

If it’s the week after Easter, I’ll be hiking the West Highland Way and that Sunday will be waking up in the Rowardennan YHA. I hope their WiFi is pretty damn decent ?

Make a foil aerial, Sellotape to phone and pray. See pic below for instructions.

iu.jpg