Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Got to say if my mates all got tickets and I missed out because someone ‘forgot’ to put my registration details in I wouldn’t hate them until hell froze over. It would be more a loathing and utter contempt for them for the rest of their godforsaken lives!

?

Hahah yea I am not happy with them, nor will I be until I get a ticket. I think I need to give Mr Eavis a call

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Hahah yea I am not happy with them, nor will I be until I get a ticket. I think I need to give Mr Eavis a call

If you happen to get hold of that nice Mr Eavis please mention my name. ?

Just noticed we'd vanished onto page 2 and its only two weeks since the sale. Let's not let our vip club drift too far into the distance at this early stage folks!

Secret resales can happen at any time, not just April. Plus the Others need to be constantly reminded of their guilty pleasures!

Heads Up!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Got to say if my mates all got tickets and I missed out because someone ‘forgot’ to put my registration details in I wouldn’t hate them until hell froze over. It would be more a loathing and utter contempt for them for the rest of their godforsaken lives!

?

Let me share my ticket trauma.... we have a large group who were organised into our 5 groups of 6 and everyone was clear on the rules only stick to your group (or so we thought!)

Newbie person in my group (who was a sister of a regular) was 1st to get through, but she wasn't on the whatsapp group so didn't know how she was progressing. Another person in our group 4 and group 1 got through put all details in and they bounced back as 1 person in group 4 and 2 people in group 1 had already paid..

Turns out selfish newbie from my group bought her own ticket, her brothers and sister-in-laws only!!! which f**ked up two other groups.

If she had bought 6 like she was supposed too, the other 2 people that did get through early on could have got a further 6 each - basically 18 people could of gone instead of 3!! to add double insult I was in her group and if she had bought tickets from the group she was allocated I'd be going :(

Such selfish behaviour in which whole group was not impressed!! 

19 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Let me share my ticket trauma.... we have a large group who were organised into our 5 groups of 6 and everyone was clear on the rules only stick to your group (or so we thought!)

Newbie person in my group (who was a sister of a regular) was 1st to get through, but she wasn't on the whatsapp group so didn't know how she was progressing. Another person in our group 4 and group 1 got through put all details in and they bounced back as 1 person in group 4 and 2 people in group 1 had already paid..

Turns out selfish newbie from my group bought her own ticket, her brothers and sister-in-laws only!!! which f**ked up two other groups.

If she had bought 6 like she was supposed too, the other 2 people that did get through early on could have got a further 6 each - basically 18 people could of gone instead of 3!! to add double insult I was in her group and if she had bought tickets from the group she was allocated I'd be going :(

I’d struggle to come to terms with that.

That is totally unacceptable especially after the rules had been clearly stated.

I’d definitely have to make my feelings known and then give them a prolonged period of silence. Maybe just for 10 or 12 years!

Outrageous behaviour!

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

I’d struggle to come to terms with that.

That is totally unacceptable especially after the rules had been clearly stated.

I’d definitely have to make my feelings known and then give them a prolonged period of silence. Maybe just for 10 or 12 years!

Outrageous behaviour!

I don't even know her and certainly won't be going forward...

It has bothered me but if comes under "can't do anything about it" category, so me and my fella will be praying for resale luck (we had it once in 2013)

13 hours ago, Cooter said:

Just noticed we'd vanished onto page 2 and its only two weeks since the sale. Let's not let our vip club drift too far into the distance at this early stage folks!

Secret resales can happen at any time, not just April. Plus the Others need to be constantly reminded of their guilty pleasures!

Heads Up!

Are secret resales actually a thing?

8 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I’m yet to witness one but a lot of people have managed to nab tickets in a secret resale. 

If memory serves me correctly they generally occur after the official resale and are never officially announced (hence why they are secret)...They just happen. So basically you have to be logged into Seetickets the whole time and F5 like a nutter!!

I’m sure others in here will have greater knowledge on the subject than myself.

32 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I’m yet to witness one but a lot of people have managed to nab tickets in a secret resale. 

If memory serves me correctly they generally occur after the official resale and are never officially announced (hence why they are secret)...They just happen. So basically you have to be logged into Seetickets the whole time and F5 like a nutter!!

I’m sure others in here will have greater knowledge on the subject than myself.

That’s pretty much it, they tend to happen after the May refund deadline as the tickets that go on the sale are the returned ones. Last time it happened was 3 years ago as last time round it didn’t happen at all.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

That’s pretty much it, they tend to happen after the May refund deadline as the tickets that go on the sale are the returned ones. Last time it happened was 3 years ago as last time round it didn’t happen at all.

Jeez! Such a long time to wait and let the pressure build.

2 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

They were, I’ve personally secured tickets in “secret resale’s” about 3 times so they did exist and usually after may refund deadline - requires dedication, patience and nerves of steel but if they happen , it is possible to get last chance saloon tickets.

last year, the hardcore that were on the secret resale train waited (sat logged into here daily) for weeks only for it to never happen - which was brutal.

we all won’t need the secret resales though as we will all get sorted in April *crosses fingers, toes and eyes*

Edited by moheetoes

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Let me

Holy shit - totally selfish and total lack of respect for the “rules” -  NEVER *cross the streams* 

I’d be livid and planning my revenge at Glastonbury (as you’ll get sorted and will be on the farm too )

I’m not a malicious person but i’d personally want to *mistakenly* put salt in their first morning’s coffee as a welcome to Glastonbury gesture.....

18 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

They were, I’ve personally secured tickets in “secret resale’s” about 3 times so they did exist and usually after may refund deadline - requires dedication, patience and nerves of steel but if they happen , it is possible to get last chance saloon tickets.

last year, the hardcore that were on the secret resale train waited (sat logged into here daily) for weeks only for it to never happen - which was brutal.

we all won’t need the secret resales though as we will all get sorted in April *crosses fingers, toes and eyes*

God I still get PTSD over those couple of months between resale to the start of the festival. Pretty sure the majority of us were still hoping in vain up until the day before the gates opened!

Happy to help people in the resale for those who missed out on T-Day, let's get as many as the eFests crowd to the cider bus on the Wednesday!

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

God I still get PTSD over those couple of months between resale to the start of the festival. Pretty sure the majority of us were still hoping in vain up until the day before the gates opened!

Happy to help people in the resale for those who missed out on T-Day, let's get as many as the eFests crowd to the cider bus on the Wednesday!

Until gates opened and beyond I remember for some.

feels like I’ve been in this position for about 4 years now, there’s always someone in our group who ends up missing out as we have been unlucky in main sale for a few years now - last year it was Mr moheetoes who never made it to the farm - it was not a happy household for a few months before and after the festival I can tell you. 

2 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Not as of last time-- some people on here were hoping/waiting right through to the end but they never happened. Festival were clear and said they'd be none, but as there had been secret resales every year up to that one people assumed they were bluffing. Must have been brutal hoping everyday for something that never happened.

So unfortunately looks like secret resales are no more, just the official one after the deposits are paid. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Not as of last time-- some people on here were hoping/waiting right through to the end but they never happened. Festival were clear and said they'd be none, but as there had been secret resales every year up to that one people assumed they were bluffing. Must have been brutal hoping everyday for something that never happened.

So unfortunately looks like secret resales are no more, just the official one after the deposits are paid. 

Ohhh I need to sort one out in April then! 

Edited by Kalopsia

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I felt sorry for myself after my original group got split by a new girlfriend and they ended up with tickets and my side didn’t .... at least that was agreed prior to the ticket sale.... I know you said you don’t know her but I can’t help but think I would be going full pelt Liam Neeson if that happened to me...

27 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

However the festival has clearly stated in the past that there would be no more sales, however a small secret sale happened anyway which was what gave people hope.

What was absolutely the worst thing was when See’s page changed and everybody was thinking ‘it’s fucking happening now’ only to get in and find it was campervan or WV tickets on sale.

Last year was the first time in recent years that there has been no secret sale so to state they are a thing of the past is maybe a little premature, as we know, there is no pattern so they could easily be one this time around or there could not.

I never want to go through that shit again though...

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

However the

Last year was the first time in recent years that there has been no secret sale so to state they are a thing of the past is maybe a little premature, as we know, there is no pattern so they could easily be one this time around or there could not.

I never want to go through that shit again though...

^^^^ totally this, I absolutely can’t be on the secret resale thread again next year, it’s April or nothing for me, i think............

6 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

^^^^ totally this, I absolutely can’t be on the secret resale thread again next year, it’s April or nothing for me, i think............

Do people get a tiny bit of info the day before or is it a case of waiting for the page to change and sounding the alarms on here? Being a local I never normally have to worry about this but here I am