Resale Club 2019

McCor

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Common misconception but there are actually no public rights of way across the site....that said they are used to visitors and there is usually no issue with having a wander about as you say.  Sounds like you may have parked by the Apple Tree out on the Glastonbury road?  For future its also possible to park on the side of Pylle Road by Mary's Gate and then walk on site via Muddy Lane coming out at Williams Green. 

Isn’t the tithe barn path a public right of way. ? Maybe not. Correct, the apple tree.  As well as the site walked also up the country road passed Mary’s gate and their newish wooden gate sign, then walked for miles round the lanes .  So peaceful.  

On 11/2/2018 at 1:32 PM, DSherbs said:

Me and my husband have never been to Glastonbury, when we saw it on TV in 2017 we both said we wanted to be there for 2019. We got married this year and agreed that we would go full out for Glastonbury and treat it as our honeymoon. But we didn't get tickets as the morning the tickets went on sale our 2 year old had been hit with a sickness bug and neither of us could take an eye off of him :( Absolutely heartbroken. Hoping (praying) that we can get tickets in the resale, we were so looking forward to it. Keeping everything crossed.

Keep the faith but have a few back up plan ideas. The demand for tickets this October was manic....and I'm still so sore and bruised from getting thrown  out of purchasing them by  gliches in the seetickets site!!!!

It's already seems like a long drag to resales in April. I expected similar mania and chances of obtaining tickets will be low. We will be trying desparately but are thinking maybe doing Latitude if we fail.

Good luck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Keep the faith but have a few back up plan ideas. The demand for tickets this October was manic....and I'm still so sore and bruised from getting thrown  out of purchasing them by  gliches in the seetickets site!!!!

It's already seems like a long drag to resales in April. I expected similar mania and chances of obtaining tickets will be low. We will be trying desparately but are thinking maybe doing Latitude if we fail.

Good luck

Keep the faith, yes resale is manic and over so quickly but if you’re organised you have a better than average chance.?

Haven’t posted in here for a while, and I was never able to next year but the more Bristol buds I speak to, the more I’m asking who did bag tickets from Bristol. May have missed earlier posts but it seems weird. Of the guys I tried for and know were after tickets (about 15-20 people) absolutely none got in after a 5 year run of everyone being successful at some point or another. Glad others have got in but seems such a brutal sea change! Fear not the resales folks. Everything will be alright, in the end.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jugtanion said:

Haven’t posted in here for a while, and I was never able to next year but the more Bristol buds I speak to, the more I’m asking who did bag tickets from Bristol. May have missed earlier posts but it seems weird. Of the guys I tried for and know were after tickets (about 15-20 people) absolutely none got in after a 5 year run of everyone being successful at some point or another. Glad others have got in but seems such a brutal sea change! Fear not the resales folks. Everything will be alright, in the end.

There's all these situations where people have lost out, in the ticket sale; despite previous successes at obtaining tickets, in previous years. Thinking optimistically, all the ticket sales could be impulse buys, by people that don't really want them. In which case the re-sale would be a walk in the park; a breeze for those willing to wait for a big batch of tickets, that nobody really wanted. :)

45 minutes ago, stt11 said:

There's all these situations where people have lost out, in the ticket sale; despite previous successes at obtaining tickets, in previous years. Thinking optimistically, all the ticket sales could be impulse buys, by people that don't really want them. In which case the re-sale would be a walk in the park; a breeze for those willing to wait for a big batch of tickets, that nobody really wanted. :)

In my head I've convinced myself that a lot of the tickets were taken  by speculators, chancers and hangers on driven by the low deposit. So I'm thinking, nay hoping, that reality will bite early next year when they have to think about it properly....Headliners they may not fancy, the reality of camping, the mud or dust!!!....and the £200+ needed to finalise the ticket.

We will get those 2 tickets in April !!!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jugtanion said:

Haven’t posted in here for a while, and I was never able to next year but the more Bristol buds I speak to, the more I’m asking who did bag tickets from Bristol. May have missed earlier posts but it seems weird. Of the guys I tried for and know were after tickets (about 15-20 people) absolutely none got in after a 5 year run of everyone being successful at some point or another.

I live north of Bristol and succeeded in coach, sis succeeded in general for a couple of pals. Also know another couple of pals who succeeded in general. 

I do know others from the area that failed, but that's consistent with some previous years. 

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

In my head I've convinced myself that a lot of the tickets were taken  by speculators, chancers and hangers on driven by the low deposit. So I'm thinking, nay hoping, that reality will bite early next year when they have to think about it properly....Headliners they may not fancy, the reality of camping, the mud or dust!!!....and the £200+ needed to finalise the ticket.

We will get those 2 tickets in April !!!

Yes, I think this too. It might not be popular but I think they should get rid of the deposit and have it be the full balance in October, it would take out a lot of the chancers and reward the dedicated people in a way. But I realise this might not be the most economical way of doing it for some or most.

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes, I think this too. It might not be popular but I think they should get rid of the deposit and have it be the full balance in October, it would take out a lot of the chancers and reward the dedicated people in a way. But I realise this might not be the most economical way of doing it for some or most.

Totally agree. Pay the full amount upfront. If you’re really that keen/dedicated it shouldn’t be an issue.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Totally agree. Pay the full amount upfront. If you’re really that keen/dedicated it shouldn’t be an issue.

only one difficulty if booking for more than 1... you would need the full amounts in your account so for standard entry £1500 plus and bus tickets even more ? might this cause issues for some ? 

There’s already plenty of threads on the difficulties of ticket Day so I won’t dwell on that, I know a lot of folks off here failed to get them but this could just be down to coincidence? Was there really so many more people trying? Perhaps. For me ticket Day is always a nightmare these days and I’ve failed for the last 5 in a row although somebody got mine this year and in the resale in 2016.

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

only one difficulty if booking for more than 1... you would need the full amounts in your account so for standard entry £1500 plus and bus tickets even more ? might this cause issues for some ? 

Valid point. But I think you can now pay using a credit card so if you’re lucky enough to get tickets for your group you should have time to get funds in from everyone before you need to pay the bill. 

Also , allowing people to add new registrations in time for the resale makes bugger all sense to me . The resale should just be for those poor sods who missed out in the initial bun fight! It’s not as if they won’t sell out!

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

Valid point. But I think you can now pay using a credit card so if you’re lucky enough to get tickets for your group you should have time to get funds in from everyone before you need to pay the bill. 

Also , allowing people to add new registrations in time for the resale makes bugger all sense to me . The resale should just be for those poor sods who missed out in the initial bun fight! It’s not as if they won’t sell out!

absolutely ...it might prevent larger groups teaming up with people they dont really know ... although that was me this year so I consider myself fortunate that someone was prepared to take a small financial risk for me ... but it might dissuade me slightly from helping others 

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Totally agree with that.  The deposit thing just encourages the maybes, will see who the headliners are faction. An insurance scheme to cover cancellation due to medical reasons would be an add on. If folk knew it was the system then save up for it. Also would ease the admin for see tickets.  Worthy view take the cash up front, don’t se why the festival can’t do the same. 

I wouldnt advocate changing the system drastically, but it's probably time the deposit is increased as it's still the same amount as it was when it was first introduced 10 years ago.

As for the suggestion of going back to the old system of paying in full, no deposit. I can see the attraction as it would limit the impact of big groups getting tickets and make 2s, 3s & 4s more responsible for getting their own. It would also stop those who can't be bothered to be on line trying for tickets who rely on the good will of others.

As rubbish as it is not getting tickets (2nd Glastonbury in a row for me) the only people calling for a change to the ticket system, are people who didn’t get through. If anyone in here got through at 9.05 and bought 6 tickets, the sale this year would have been easy in their eyes.

I hate ticket day, it’s stressful and can be so so sad, but I don’t really see any fairer way to do it. Someone, somewhere is always going to miss out and say it’s a rubbish system.

I am just hoping like some of the comments before, that people have bought tickets just in case. With festivals kicking off in Croatia around the same time, might find people’s plans change and all us lunatics that hang around in here will be lucky in the re sale!

I’ve said it’s a crap system all along. One year we got lucky with tickets. 2016 and also this year we weren’t so lucky. My opinion remains. You get through you pay the full amount. 

Just a personal opinion and nothing more.

6 hours ago, andyb66 said:

My opinion remains. You get through you pay the full amount. 

I have to say I agree with you on this, tickets seemed easier to buy back in the day when you paid the full amount upfront in April!

Edited by StoneCircle

I'm not a fan of paying in full, needing £1500 in your account to cover everyone's tickets will only skew the attendance of the festival away from the working classes even more. It's all well and good saying that if you're that desperate you can save, but there's thousands of people who don't have the finances or position to do that, yet still cherish Glastonbury. You'd in effect be barring groups of people from the sale because they're poor, as anti-Glastonbury as you can get.