Jump to content
seanz25

Victorious 2019

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Any last predictions before we get hold of it tomorrow? 

 

New Order and disappointment (the emotion, not the band) 😉

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

New Order and disappointment (the emotion, not the band) 😉

Have a horrible feeling this this will be the truth.  With rudimental being a ‘cheaper’ headline act, I was hopeful for something big Sunday but seems increasingly unlikely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

New Order and disappointment (the emotion, not the band) 😉

Haha! Yeah I’m predicting same. To be honest, first year doing full weekend camping, increased parking prices on camping, extending the Friday night, increased ticket prices, I’d expect a slightly better range of headliners. Surely could attract bigger names and afford them? Look last year prodigy exclusive, we’ve had phonics and weller too. Don’t get me wrong the undercards are pretty good I’m really happy about that and it isn’t about the headliners all the time but you expect a bigger draw. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John L said:

I’d be happy with New Order. Looks like there’s a few acts at the top end to be announced for the Sunday?

Maybe, but I'm surprised people have been predicting names to go in above The Vaccines. Judging by their other dates this summer and last, they're pretty well qualified to be subbing this. I think it's the filling out of the undercard people should be hoping for, rather than names up top.

Saying that, isn't a Saturday afternoon special guest in the offing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe, but I'm surprised people have been predicting names to go in above The Vaccines. Judging by their other dates this summer and last, they're pretty well qualified to be subbing this. I think it's the filling out of the undercard people should be hoping for, rather than names up top.

Saying that, isn't a Saturday afternoon special guest in the offing?

If you look at the line up poster and compare Saturday with Sunday it suggests a headliner, one name alongside Clean Bandit and one name alongside The Vaccines to come on Sunday? Maybe someone like Editors or Suede could fit in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John L said:

If you look at the line up poster and compare Saturday with Sunday it suggests a headliner, one name alongside Clean Bandit and one name alongside The Vaccines to come on Sunday? Maybe someone like Editors or Suede could fit in there?

Ah. Hadn’t seen the poster, just the website.

I think a name to go underneath The Vaccines and under or above Clean Bandit on the Castle seems realistic. Editors would fit under Vaccines pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Ah. Hadn’t seen the poster, just the website.

I think a name to go underneath The Vaccines and under or above Clean Bandit on the Castle seems realistic. Editors would fit under Vaccines pretty well.

Yeah it's all based on the poster, should be 4 big acts with the sat special guests and the 3 on Sunday, pretty sure Clean Bandit are Castle headliners. So would be one under. I say big I mean like The Hives level in comparison. I expect at least one pop name as well in that bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a fair few people tonight across social media thinking Liam Gallagher. I think it's more wishful thinking than someone has leaked something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Seems to be a fair few people tonight across social media thinking Liam Gallagher. I think it's more wishful thinking than someone has leaked something. 

Don’t say that before I’m about to sleep, got year 11 first thing I’ll not function haha. I’ve not seen Liam since I saw Oasis.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

what no leak yet? its in journo inboxes and has been for hours :huh: 

Nope. It’s not Liam though so can rule that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

They didn't announce anything else?

Not in the article currently published. Maybe see more at 9am when poster updated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dgrain21 said:

Not in the article currently published. Maybe see more at 9am when poster updated.  

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, seanz25 said:

New Order and disappointment (the emotion, not the band) 😉

If nothing else is added you can all label me ITK! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen the poster now, nothing else added but they have swapped The Specials and TDCC around so Specials are now the closing act

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or other than "Bloc Party"  - I don't even think the under card is as good as the last two years and the headline acts certainly aren't.

For me, the Friday on one stage is the strongest.

Increased capacity, increased prices but not an increase in quality of acts. I suppose you can only book what is available but i don't see this year as a great effort.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, seanz25 said:

New Order and disappointment (the emotion, not the band) 😉

Agreed - big disappointment. Hey ho. Bloc Party will be awesome to make up for it the previous day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CrispyDuck said:

Agreed - big disappointment. Hey ho. Bloc Party will be awesome to make up for it the previous day.

 

In fairness though, however good silent alarm is, we are still going to be robbed of a plethora of other brilliant tracks they could have performed!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...