Victorious 2019

seanz25

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

KOL won't do this.

Jamiroquai, though, are an excellent shout. Doing dates all around Europe next summer with nothing for UK yet.

As headliner? Jamiroquai? Can't see him being booked for Saturday or Sunday. Maybe the Friday slot. Would be a disappointment though and I can't see him shifting many tickets. Or is he secretly popular, sure when he got annpounced for YNot before it was blanket disapproval. 

Regarding Kings of Leon. They only have 1 date in Europe this year, Beni on 18th July, which is weird. They probably are too big but who knows what money they have to throw at acts, end of the day, thats all that matters to a lot of bands. 

I wouldn't put Kings of Leon in the too big to play anymore, not if Killers did Latitude last year. There's only Reading and IOW bigger in terms of capacity really isn't there? Glasto is something else entirely. Download looking at different acts. TRNSMT, Latitude etc are all smaller. BST is similar I think. Boomtown is similar, but has announced. 

Its a weird one, its been spoken about a fair bit on here but in terms of people on site over the weekend they're aren't many fests bigger anymore. Obviously V went and Rize is gone this year, of all the mid range fests, Victorious is the biggest of them all. 

There's gunna be a point when they will have to start reaching out to bigger acts to continue to grow, don't forget they do want this fest to grow and not stay the same size, that however is when the problems start, obviously a bigger money act who doesn't draw like planned could affect everything. Im not saying they're gunna be getting Mega headliners, but acts like Kings of Leon, Killers I think are do-able. Especially if they're over on a Euro run, looking for dates to make the trip the most profitable it can be and they don't get a better offer elsewhere. But at the moment like I say, KOL only have a July date, Victorious makes no sense. 

Victorious is in such a weird situation, the site and capacity is major fest size, but the acts and pricing has been more mid range. Depends where they take it moving forward I guess.

Just now, luckysalt said:

As headliner? Jamiroquai? Can't see him being booked for Saturday or Sunday. Maybe the Friday slot. Would be a disappointment though and I can't see him shifting many tickets. Or is he secretly popular, sure when he got annpounced for YNot before it was blanket disapproval. 

Regarding Kings of Leon. They only have 1 date in Europe this year, Beni on 18th July, which is weird. They probably are too big but who knows what money they have to throw at acts, end of the day, thats all that matters to a lot of bands. 

I wouldn't put Kings of Leon in the too big to play anymore, not if Killers did Latitude last year. There's only Reading and IOW bigger in terms of capacity really isn't there? Glasto is something else entirely. Download looking at different acts. TRNSMT, Latitude etc are all smaller. BST is similar I think. Boomtown is similar, but has announced. 

Its a weird one, its been spoken about a fair bit on here but in terms of people on site over the weekend they're aren't many fests bigger anymore. Obviously V went and Rize is gone this year, of all the mid range fests, Victorious is the biggest of them all. 

There's gunna be a point when they will have to start reaching out to bigger acts to continue to grow, don't forget they do want this fest to grow and not stay the same size, that however is when the problems start, obviously a bigger money act who doesn't draw like planned could affect everything. Im not saying they're gunna be getting Mega headliners, but acts like Kings of Leon, Killers I think are do-able. Especially if they're over on a Euro run, looking for dates to make the trip the most profitable it can be and they don't get a better offer elsewhere. But at the moment like I say, KOL only have a July date, Victorious makes no sense. 

Victorious is in such a weird situation, the site and capacity is major fest size, but the acts and pricing has been more mid range. Depends where they take it moving forward I guess.

Jamiroquai are an arena headliner over here , and they don't seem to do many festivals where they're not top of the bill. I think Boardmasters and Y NOT might have been a case of it just not being their crowd, but Victorious would be at least more out that direction - as you say it skews heavily towards the 90's

KOL are supposed to be doing their own London show at Finsbury Park, according to info on here. FR organised, natch.

Maybe they'll get there eventually but Broadwick Live doesn't seem to have much status with US acts. Understandable, given that I don't believe it operates out there, whereas AEG and Live Nation are big over there and over here too. And that's surely why there's such a massive British presence at Kendal, Y NOT, Truck, etc.

You could say Kasabian are a similar size to those two, and I could see them playing one of these events at some point soon. But I think ones like The Killers, Kings of Leon, The Strokes, etc. are some way off.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Jamiroquai are an arena headliner over here , and they don't seem to do many festivals where they're not top of the bill. I think Boardmasters and Y NOT might have been a case of it just not being their crowd, but Victorious would be at least more out that direction - as you say it skews heavily towards the 90's

KOL are supposed to be doing their own London show at Finsbury Park, according to info on here. FR organised, natch.

Maybe they'll get there eventually but Broadwick Live doesn't seem to have much status with US acts. Understandable, given that I don't believe it operates out there, whereas AEG and Live Nation are big over there and over here too. And that's surely why there's such a massive British presence at Kendal, Y NOT, Truck, etc.

You could say Kasabian are a similar size to those two, and I could see them playing one of these events at some point soon. But I think ones like The Killers, Kings of Leon, The Strokes, etc. are some way off.

Yeah I agree they don't seem to be able to get a foothold of the US acts, its almost a certainty  if they DID get a US act of note it would be because AEG or LN passed on them. 

Edited by luckysalt

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

27 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah jamiroqai are usually headline and arena material. If your looking down the 90s route that victorious have then they fit I think. I think jamiroqai would go down a storm at victorious. I could see them on the Sunday night after vaccines, think after a few whiskeys it would go down a treat. I’d take it over chic any day.

7 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I mentioned them the other week and got shot down.

16 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah, I’d watch out for a lurking Kasabian 

Do you mean just in general or for this year? Tell you now that would be an announcement on par with a Liam Gallagher type act for me. Love them. 

13 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Well Kasabian played IOW last year, Reading the year before. Not like they need to bring a stage show or anything. So even if they're not touring they COULD end up playing for the quick payday. But who knows eh? 

Someone out there knows. Sick of waiting to know aswell. I think Kasabian a good shout I’m holding high hopes now. Make a lively one back in campsite after aswell.

Edited by KBR1991

12 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Well Kasabian played IOW last year, Reading the year before. Not like they need to bring a stage show or anything. So even if they're not touring they COULD end up playing for the quick payday. But who knows eh? 

They have done out-of-tour festival headline shows before - Hard Rock Calling between in the off-year between Velocirpator and 48:13 being one I remember. Whether or not Victorious is their level is another matter, although given they've already done all the big ones, I imagine the variety could be of interest.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Presumably this would be over the same weekend as Community, like Liam Gallagher/QOTSA last year were, right?

Hopefully its better organised than those three were.

2 hours ago, The_Groke said:

Any predictions on when we could expect the announcement? 

It would be nice to see some more international acts in there. There’s always one or two but never more than that, and I thought that was one of big reasons behind working with Global.

Tomorrow or Weds I'd imagine. Thursday is a bit late in the week. I'd hope tomorrow @JBarbour any idea if it's tomorrow? 

4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Tomorrow or Weds I'd imagine. Thursday is a bit late in the week. I'd hope tomorrow @JBarbour any idea if it's tomorrow? 

Just know its "penciled" in for this week. Thats the last thing I've heard. 

They generally send out an embargoed release. Nothing yet. If its tomorrow morning it maybe sent out tonight.