seanz25

Victorious 2019

6 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

I feel from reading this thread, I'm alone in being massively underwhelmed by this year's headliners 🤯

Undercard is a major improvement though. But don't think the headliners are near the calibre they've had in the past. Might be just me though. 

Not just you. I'm thinking the same

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Probably nothing, but during one of Matt Everitt's music news slots on Shaun Keaveny's BBC 6 Music show today they did tease the announcement of the third headliner.

Everitt appeared to mouth the name of the artist off-mic, with Keaveny responding: "He's dead isn't he?"

The exchange is at 14:52pm here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music

Very likely just a bit of hijinx rather than anything concrete but thought I would pass it on.

dylan or young maybe

do main and second clash? James Bay and Hives would most likely divide me and the partner, would be good to see them both

20 minutes ago, pryce said:

do main and second clash? James Bay and Hives would most likely divide me and the partner, would be good to see them both

Had the same situation with Travis and Editors the other year and yes they completely clashed.

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Probably nothing, but during one of Matt Everitt's music news slots on Shaun Keaveny's BBC 6 Music show today they did tease the announcement of the third headliner.

Everitt appeared to mouth the name of the artist off-mic, with Keaveny responding: "He's dead isn't he?"

The exchange is at 14:52pm here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music

Very likely just a bit of hijinx rather than anything concrete but thought I would pass it on.

Sounds almost like he makes a water sound afterwards and then its said don't do that again or they might get it. 

Thanks for passing that on, also quite funny story with the Zutons singer about last time he played.

35 minutes ago, atomised said:

Not just you. I'm thinking the same

I agree on headliners currently announced. TDCC are playing everywhere. Rudimental dont appear as big as they used to be. Hopefully the Sunday night shuts us all up from whinging as the undercard is solid. 

Just been on the website and seen how cheap the tickets are. Can't be moaning at the line-up at those prices! 

16 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Sounds almost like he makes a water sound afterwards and then its said don't do that again or they might get it. 

Thanks for passing that on, also quite funny story with the Zutons singer about last time he played.

roger waters

23 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Had the same situation with Travis and Editors the other year and yes they completely clashed.

saying that you would think Travis and Editors have a similar fan base, so could clash Bay and Rudimental

11 minutes ago, retrokev said:

roger waters

Hmmmm. You know. You could have nailed it there.

I said to my mrs, maybe he said a band and they said he's dead IE the singer and she went Queen then. 

But the waters thing...

Thing is I don't get why it would be held back.

Do they actually say on that 6music theres one more headliner to go Victorious, we'll let you know in a week though. Cus thats what it sounds like he says.

15 minutes ago, CrispyDuck said:

Kind of hoping it's someone as big as Ian Brown, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Old 'nearly dead' dude more likely.

You make it sound like Ian Brown isn't an old dude 😜 

Only just seen the line up long day. What a nice surprise, so much variety for me to see, absolutley buzzing. Can’t believe Sherlock’s are playing, been a few there gigs due to aqaintances etc. Two door cinema for me and the mrs is spot on too. Rudimental just going to get blotto so could be anyone on that stage for me, could be better or worse.

29 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Hmmmm. You know. You could have nailed it there.

I said to my mrs, maybe he said a band and they said he's dead IE the singer and she went Queen then. 

But the waters thing...

Thing is I don't get why it would be held back.

I agree with your mrs. Queen. They were just jabbering on, I mean if it is roger waters it’s fine, I’ll go with that but if anything I can’t make out any5hing of what they were blabbering on about so it could be anyone old. 

4 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Only just seen the line up long day. What a nice surprise, so much variety for me to see, absolutley buzzing. Can’t believe Sherlock’s are playing, been a few there gigs due to aqaintances etc. Two door cinema for me and the mrs is spot on too. Rudimental just going to get blotto so could be anyone on that stage for me, could be better or worse.

I agree with your mrs. Queen. They were just jabbering on, I mean if it is roger waters it’s fine, I’ll go with that but if anything I can’t make out any5hing of what they were blabbering on about so it could be anyone old. 

The only problem with Queen is theyre on a massive 2 month tour in the US in the summer which ends the Friday of Victorious. Theyre also playing the day before and the Tuesday. So that would be a lot of dates and then fly over to UK then having to play. I just don't see it plausible also, why hold that back? There's no UK shows to sell.

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

The only problem with Queen is theyre on a massive 2 month tour in the US in the summer which ends the Friday of Victorious. Theyre also playing the day before and the Tuesday. So that would be a lot of dates and then fly over to UK then having to play. I just don't see it plausible also, why hold that back? There's no UK shows to sell.

Yeah when you put it like that, agreed. No idea then. If you look at the line up on that day who would actually suit it with razor light and vaccines etc. Looking at the Sunday there’s surely some more to come ? Does Sunday not look abit sparse, I don’t know if it’s me. Probably me but still...

Foals are playing Rock En Seine in France on the Sunday so they're defiantly not turning up cus there's no space for them on Saturday. 

Johnny Marr is playing there the Friday. 

29 minutes ago, John L said:

Could The Cure play this? Playing Rock en Seine on the Friday so they are around?

No because they are playing major fests