Jump to content
seanz25

Victorious 2019

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Good shout. 

Who we thinking for Sunday, chic or somet?

chic wont headline i dont think. thinking roger waters neil young ian brown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Good shout. 

Who we thinking for Sunday, chic or somet?

I've not heard anything as I had Rudimental, I can't see Chic being held back for any reason, I can't see they would be a sharp uptake in sales if announced at a later date. 

Three possible reasons to hold off.

1 create a buzz and a increase in sales, but Victorious have never held back a main stage headliner before usually its only acts lower. 

2 an act doesn't want to be announced yet due to they having a tour to sell first, but the only act that really falls into that is Catfish. Or they are playing a different festival that needs to sell out or take place before they can be announced. I can't really see anyone here, Neighbourhood, This is tomorrow stuff like that no-one there headlining who fits cus Ashcroft is at IOW.

3 an act is reforming and they're waiting until an agreed date when all festivals will then announce at the same time [roughly], there's not much out there band wise that would fit Victorious here, maybe Pulp, maybe The Verve [a way to get around Ashcroft at IOW] but I can't see it.

The most likely at the moment seems Catfish, but I think its more likely to be an older act. So I dunno!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I've not heard anything as I had Rudimental, I can't see Chic being held back for any reason, I can't see they would be a sharp uptake in sales if announced at a later date. 

Three possible reasons to hold off.

1 create a buzz and a increase in sales, but Victorious have never held back a main stage headliner before usually its only acts lower. 

2 an act doesn't want to be announced yet due to they having a tour to sell first, but the only act that really falls into that is Catfish. Or they are playing a different festival that needs to sell out or take place before they can be announced. I can't really see anyone here, Neighbourhood, This is tomorrow stuff like that no-one there headlining who fits cus Ashcroft is at IOW.

3 an act is reforming and they're waiting until an agreed date when all festivals will then announce at the same time [roughly], there's not much out there band wise that would fit Victorious here, maybe Pulp, maybe The Verve [a way to get around Ashcroft at IOW] but I can't see it.

The most likely at the moment seems Catfish, but I think its more likely to be an older act. So I dunno!

Odd one init, catfish maybe announced for trnsmt tomorrow so that maybe holding them back.... but I can’t see that. We can only wish and hope the verve were reforming, think Ashcroft resents the idea from what I’ve heard him say in interviews. Could be an oldy like roger waters, other than that could be anything couldn’t it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I've not heard anything as I had Rudimental, I can't see Chic being held back for any reason, I can't see they would be a sharp uptake in sales if announced at a later date. 

 Three possible reasons to hold off.

 1 create a buzz and a increase in sales, but Victorious have never held back a main stage headliner before usually its only acts lower. 

 2 an act doesn't want to be announced yet due to they having a tour to sell first, but the only act that really falls into that is Catfish. Or they are playing a different festival that needs to sell out or take place before they can be announced. I can't really see anyone here, Neighbourhood, This is tomorrow stuff like that no-one there headlining who fits cus Ashcroft is at IOW.

 3 an act is reforming and they're waiting until an agreed date when all festivals will then announce at the same time [roughly], there's not much out there band wise that would fit Victorious here, maybe Pulp, maybe The Verve [a way to get around Ashcroft at IOW] but I can't see it.

 The most likely at the moment seems Catfish, but I think its more likely to be an older act. So I dunno!

Pulp would be incredible but I can't see it - I'm going with Catfish, that arena tour must be struggling with seated tickets!

Edited by efcfanwirral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catfish have already been announced for loads of festivals so why hold back on this one  - it also doesn't  fit the demographic of the announcement on the radio interview, although again was this just a ploy?

As the words said "he'd dead isn't he" i fully expect Tupac to be headlining proving he faked his own death.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Catfish have already been announced for loads of festivals so why hold back on this one  - it also doesn't  fit the demographic of the announcement on the radio interview, although again was this just a ploy?

As the words said "he'd dead isn't he" i fully expect Tupac to be headlining proving he faked his own death.  

Have they? From my understanding they have been only announced for sziget and bonnaroo.... if they get announced for trsnmt tonight then that’s a third and that’s looking quite likely. So I wouldn’t rule them out yet...

Edited by KBR1991
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chiefski said:

Surprised Tom Jones hasnt been mentioned, older male act, looks like he's doing a few summer shows

He’s been mentioned but not for headliner. I think that’d be a pretty woeful headline choice to go with Rudimental but I guess it’s feasible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, retrokev said:

if your going catfish and sales then how about strokes fest exc 

Strokes would be quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’re playing a different festival.

not really.they playing all points east on one of days and a day fest on diff days.they have chosen who supports their day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, retrokev said:

not really.they playing all points east on one of days and a day fest on diff days.they have chosen who supports their day

It’s a festival, so they wouldn’t be a festival exclusive.

I don’t think Victorious could get them anyway, especially not for a one-off over a month after their closest show. And just as well cos they’d cost way more than Victorious need to pay.

6 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Catfish have been announced for... as far as I can tell... no festivals in the UK?

Correct. Big year for them too so it’d be strange to just do TRNSMT. Although that’s what the Arctics did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s a festival, so they wouldn’t be a festival exclusive.

I don’t think Victorious could get them anyway, especially not for a one-off over a month after their closest show. And just as well cos they’d cost way more than Victorious need to pay.

Correct. Big year for them too so it’d be strange to just do TRNSMT. Although that’s what the Arctics did.

Yeah it would be strange, specially with the balance out in April, I’d expect a big run of festival dates.. are you thinking it might be them then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catfish might end up at Boardmasters, or did they do that recently? 

Edited by luckysalt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KBR1991 said:

Yeah it would be strange, specially with the balance out in April, I’d expect a big run of festival dates.. are you thinking it might be them then?

It’d be fitting as they’ve headlined all the other Global festivals on the last album and they could’ve been leading up to this on their new album. But idk, the clue doesn’t seem to fit.

Just now, luckysalt said:

Catfish might end up at Boardmasters

They already headlined that last year or year before. They’ve done them all now at this point, maybe Standon Calling aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it all depends on did 6music have old info or the right info, weird they would have the wrong info last week on announcement day but I guess it could be old info. But if their info is correct still. Its a solo male artist who isn't young. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It’d be fitting as they’ve headlined all the other Global festivals on the last album and they could’ve been leading up to this on their new album. But idk, the clue doesn’t seem to fit.

They already headlined that last year or year before. They’ve done them all now at this point, maybe Standon Calling aside.

There due boardmasters again. They did same with Kendal last year, they played 2016 and came back. Did exactly same with Ynot too last year. It all doesn’t fit with that radio 6 interview but I think that was absolute crap, just a way of making people start speculating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Possible then. Did they headline it in 2017?

no last year,so wont be boardmasters last head. j kay and alt j have headlined globel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

There due boardmasters again. They did same with Kendal last year, they played 2016 and came back. Did exactly same with Ynot too last year. It all doesn’t fit with that radio 6 interview but I think that was absolute crap, just a way of making people start speculating. 

It 100% wasn't crap, it's correct, at least at one point it was correct. The question is, is it still correct or did things change. That is still to be answered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

It 100% wasn't crap, it's correct, at least at one point it was correct. The question is, is it still correct or did things change. That is still to be answered. 

Fair enough, we probably won’t have long to wait. Couple of week maybe. Let’s see how it pans out with boardmasters and trsmt etc see if that’s anything that could be to go by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I guess it all depends on did 6music have old info or the right info, weird they would have the wrong info last week on announcement day but I guess it could be old info. But if their info is correct still. Its a solo male artist who isn't young. 

Could it be Morrissey? Reckon he’s probably about the right size for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...