Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

40 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Damn I had assumed she'd just come back and headline wireless to make up for cancelling last time. Where woupd she place, Other headline/sub?

3rd / 4th down pyramid or sub other

come at me @dentalplan

and no that is not because I’m placing her higher than she might deserve. It’s because she tends to play pretty high slots across the board. Re Primavera

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is p arrogant/patronising dawg. You don't think people don't just like her for their own enjoyment rather than as some weird dig at other people? Her last album got praise from quite a few on here even before she was the Lady Di of our times but with better hair.

Clearly loads of people like her for their own enjoyment yeah. Most. No issue with any of that. I'm sure if she played there would be a huge crowd and it would go down great etc etc. 

Wider point I was making is that you should be able to give an opinion about someone without being some Brexiting, Daily Mail reading, Trump voting, misogynist whos favourite album is Brother in Arms. 

Its almost a mortal sin to not be a fan of her these days. Not for me. 

11 hours ago, Madyaker said:

She's been through the ringer over the last few years as well. First her concert in Manchester attacked and then her ex boyfriend committed suicide last year, can't remember his name some American hip hop artist. I've no interest in her music and I don't think it has much artistic merit either but she's tough as old boots and I have a lot of respect for her for the way she came out of all that upright. She's only 21 or 22 or something like that. She's a good role model for all those youg kids who love her music and there aren't many of them around these days.

Yup. Doesn't make her music any better to my ears.

She has a tune that involves riding "dick bicycle" about having so much sex you can't walk. Must be one for the young kids to sing along to!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hahaha, I'm not that bad :D

You should see her mp3 player, full of JB, 1-D, Taylor Swift, all mixed in with Bon Jovi, The Killers, Zutons. At the moment she's really into George Ezra, her choice, I'm not.

Unlike that guy, I'm not 'shielding' her from today's music, just broadening her knowledge.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Clearly loads of people like her for their own enjoyment yeah. Most. No issue with any of that. I'm sure if she played there would be a huge crowd and it would go down great etc etc. 

Wider point I was making is that you should be able to give an opinion about someone without being some Brexiting, Daily Mail reading, Trump voting, misogynist whos favourite album is Brother in Arms. 

Yup. Doesn't make her music any better to my ears.

She has a tune that involves riding "dick bicycle" about having so much sex you can't walk. Must be one for the young kids to sing along to!

Indeed.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

3rd / 4th down pyramid or sub other

come at me @dentalplan

and no that is not because I’m placing her higher than she might deserve. It’s because she tends to play pretty high slots across the board. Re Primavera

But I would agree with that. I predicted it on the predictions thread, and ya commented on it bozo.

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I don't think anybody's really taken issue with anybody just not liking her, but there's been some gatekeepers of real music, clutching pearls and lamenting that that the hallowed stages of Glastonbury used to be free of such pop toss, back in the halcyon days when the only toss was allowed was good old rock toss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

God guys lighten up! You’ve got macca and the cure you can allow a bit of cardi b on the lineup

I was just playing. I wouldn’t be upset at all, and I’d welcome her booking.

I don’t really rate her music (much like a lot of rappers to come up in the past couple of years) but she seems like a cool person and I love the zeitgeist-ness of an ex-stripper from the Bronx going from social media personality to reality star to Presidentially co-signed rapper. I think Glastonbury being part of that story would be fantastic.

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't think anybody's really taken issue with anybody just not liking her, but there's been some gatekeepers of real music, clutching pearls and lamenting that that the hallowed stages of Glastonbury used to be free of such pop toss, back in the halcyon days when the only toss was allowed was good old rock toss.

Oh sure yeah. I think Noel Gallaghers "no hip hop at Glastonbury" was the genesis of that. 

"Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music... But I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

What a bellend. 

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Oh sure yeah. I think Noel Gallaghers "no hip hop at Glastonbury" was the genesis of that. 

"Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music... But I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

What a bellend. 

True.

Away from Glastonbury Absolute Radio using the tag line ‘where real music matters’ has always bugged me (and I believe VH1 had something similar years ago). 

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You mean Neil?

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Exactly this, I've said a few times that booking the odd pop singer is hardly going to bring about the end of Glastonbury as we know it.

The reality is that these are lean times for white boys with guitars. There's an ever narrowing pool of heritage acts, most of whom have already done it, don't want to do it or have priced themselves out of doing it. Then there's an even shallower pool of bands at the other end looking to come through and step up to headline status, the only act to have done so in the last few years is The 1975, and they're toss!

If we're only looking at bands then it's an endless loop of Coldplay/Muse/AMs and the rest of the lads.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Exactly this, I've said a few times that booking the odd pop singer is hardly going to bring about the end of Glastonbury as we know it.

The reality is that these are lean times for white boys with guitars. There's an ever narrowing pool of heritage acts, most of whom have already done it, don't want to do it or have priced themselves out of doing it. Then there's an even shallower pool of bands at the other end looking to come through and step up to headline status, the only act to have done so in the last few years is The 1975, and they're toss!

If we're only looking at bands then it's an endless loop of Coldplay/Muse/AMs and the rest of the lads.

And it's not like it's only more pop creeping in either, there's more variety across the board compared to the cider craze, skinny jeans and winkle picker years.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Thats what I was alluding to earlier - the new wave of biggest artists in the world are the likes of Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift,  Kanye maybe even Grande .  I just dont think they have the gravitas/ aura  of bands and artists in the past.  And yes - The 1975 certainly dont have it! Adele probably comes close even though not my cup of tea