Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

37 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

You can have Giggsy if you want!

Barry Glendenning said on football weekly it is the worst Irish squad he has seen. Also doesn't seem to be a great crop of young players coming through.

By a mile the worst I've ever seen. Think there were 5 players who play top tier football in the team the other night, none of them in any way remarkable apart from Seamus Coleman. 

Rugby is becoming huge, as it Gaelic football. No grass roots here at all now really. Only hope we have is for England to get really good so we can nick a few fringe players on the granny rule again. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

By a mile the worst I've ever seen. Think there were 5 players who play top tier football in the team the other night, none of them in any way remarkable apart from Seamus Coleman. 

Rugby is becoming huge, as it Gaelic football. No grass roots here at all now really. Only hope we have is for England to get really good so we can nick a few fringe players on the granny rule again. 

You are the only team that has made Giggs look decent!

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Sounds like hes laying down a challenge. Nowt wrong with that. The lads he mentioned need a bit of bite to their game and be a bit more aggressive and ruthless. 

Martial just scored six goals in five games but I agree with Shaw and Rashford. 

Lingard has hardly played recently and isn't even a young player. Lukaku + Pogba both (marginally) younger so it seems weird to include him in the list.

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Martial just scored six goals in five games but I agree with Shaw and Rashford. 

Lingard has hardly played recently and isn't even a young player. Lukaku + Pogba both (marginally) younger so it seems weird to include him in the list.

Lukaku and Pogba should take that advice on board too. Martials been scoring yeah but can still vanish for 80 minutes in every game. His potential is limitless. 

Lukaku needs to step up in the big games. For all the comparisons to Drogba he's had in his career he doesn't rise to the big occasion. 

Drogba was probably the best big game striker in the prem. Obscenely good record in finals and semi finals and end of season crunch games. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Christ...

Nothing like public humiliation as man management .

Martial is probably one of their best attacking players at the moment. Shaw has been good recently.

Lingard and Rashford maybe, but the fact they play better for England than Utd points to Jose not getting the best from them

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Lukaku and Pogba should take that advice on board too. Martials been scoring yeah but can still vanish for 80 minutes in every game. His potential is limitless. 

Yeah over the summer when there was talk of Martial moving I was hoping Mourinho would fancy a Willian swap deal. 

32 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Lukaku needs to step up in the big games. For all the comparisons to Drogba he's had in his career he doesn't rise to the big occasion. 

Drogba was probably the best big game striker in the prem. Obscenely good record in finals and semi finals and end of season crunch games. 

Yep. Drogba scored in every final he played for Chelsea. 9 out of 9. That's mad. Lukaku may have overtaken in terms of PL goals (104 goals in 224 games compared to Drogba's 104 goals in 254 games) but that's the only place he's getting the better of him. 

Just now, jyoung said:

Yep. Drogba scored in every final he played for Chelsea. 9 out of 9. That's mad. Lukaku may have overtaken in terms of PL goals (104 goals in 224 games compared to Drogba's 104 goals in 254 games) but that's the only place he's getting the better of him. 

Lukaku is still only 25. Drogba didn't join Chelsea until he was 26. 

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Yeah over the summer when there was talk of Martial moving I was hoping Mourinho would fancy a Willian swap deal. 

Im not sure there are many strikers around who are consistent in the big games. 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

You're probably right yeah. 

Regardless, Drogba on his day, fuck me, unplayable. 

VastDisguisedAnophelesmosquito-size_rest

100%. These goals vs Barca and Arsenal really show how defenders just couldn't get near him.

6AetVaP.gif

3tCCwXv.gif

I won't stoop to making you watch the match winning goal from the 07 cup final.

26 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Lukaku gets a lot of hatricks in 5-0 type games though. Drogba didn't turn winnings into thumpings, he turned draws into wins. Some goals matter more and in that sense the likes of Drogba, Gerrard, Solksjaer have a better record than the raw numbers suggest.