Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Yellow cards for time wasting at the end if games is often very hypocritical. Keepers often take similar amounts of time for goal kicks halfway through the first half and not a word is said. Context is the key factor to time wasting not the length of time taken. 

10 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

The rules are not always being applied properly.

correct. People make errors, and that doesn't go away with VAR either.

Meanwhile, VAR destroys the time wasting rule, a time-wasting rule that there to help ensure the speed of the game.

The speed of the game is just as much of a rule as other rules. If you fix one rule you break another - and that's *every* time there's an interruption, whether there's really need for that VAR interruption or not.

It actually increases the number of rule breaks.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

have you compared with the count for the team you were playing in each of those matches?

I'm talking over the course of seasons here. Might take me awhile to dig these out but I know in recent memory we get a serious lack of penalties and opponent players have avoided red cards against us. But anyway, doesn't matter, I'd rather see a fair result regardless.

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I will once again state that I believe the VAR system needs improving but I'm all for seeing it introduced.

I think both these things are coming to footy. An improved var system to help the refs get more of the big calls right.

It won’t be perfect overnight.

5 minutes ago, pryce said:

if it finally gives us (leeds) a penalty ( not had one for something like 55 games now) I am all for it!

I love the way that people really believe that VAR will stop their teams being shit. :lol:

Or that they've got a right to penalty or red card (for the opposition) cos they've not had one of a number of games.

Guys, VAR will not address your warped sense of entitlement, tho it might wise you up to how right now you're being daft.

Edited by eFestivals

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I love the way that people really believe that VAR will stop their teams being shit. :lol:

Or that they've got a right to penalty or red card (for the opposition) cos they've not had one of a number of games.

Guys, VAR will not address your warped sense of entitlement, tho it might wise you up to how right now you're being daft.

it was more tongue in cheek, I don't really want it.... also we haven't been playing this well since league 1!

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I mean, I can think of 5 occasions Dele Alli should have had a red against us in the period since we last played against 10 men, let alone other players and teams, but nearly every fan has those moans. 

Decisions going against your team is part of football (unless you're Manc), VAR is still a shitshow that will hurt the game. 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Calm down pal, he was obviously joking.