Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Nah. Alli is killing it at his age and still has years ahead to reach his prime as he develops into a more intellectual player.

skysports-dele-alli-tottenham_4258905.jp

skysports-dele-alli-tottenham_4258861.jp

For his age yes, but I haven't seen signs of growing consistency. Son does a fantastic job every time he's on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't really see the point of adding goals and assists, it seems a random stat.

All the stats are random, but it's just good for saying how much a player directly contributes to goals. The assist to a goal is often worth as much a goal imo.

20 minutes ago, Dan R said:

All the stats are random, but it's just good for saying how much a player directly contributes to goals. The assist to a goal is often worth as much a goal imo.

And what about the "key passes" stat that creates chances? There's all sorts of stats that can be used to signify contribution.

I see Alli as an inconsistent young talent that is currently getting overhyped. He probably should become better than Son, but I don't think he is at present.

29 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Adding 2 different stats up is pointless in my view, also the assist to a goal is not always the key pass in a goal. Also these stats treat every goal as being as important as each other. When spurs have got to these big knockout games, they have regularly failed to get the big goal when needed.

9 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I was against it for years, but considering how wealth practically determines success anyway, I can't see it ending up that bad. 

I'd say that's precisely why it will be bad.

Just ten years ago, Man City were still no-where.

They're now trying to contrive themselves into a permanent position as one of Europe's big teams, from where they can never be relegated.

I've nothing against Man City in saying that, but they're the newest/best example of how the game can change for your club in the current set-up, but will never change in the future set-up. 

Leicester winning the league was a big thing. Good-bye to that.

Can't see Spurs surviving. Not in the 5 and all that debt from the new stadium, infact looking at the wage differences between premiership and championship a new second tier would probably put a load of clubs under. I can see fans getting bored of flying to Milan or Madrid each week too.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say that's precisely why it will be bad.

Just ten years ago, Man City were still no-where.

They're now trying to contrive themselves into a permanent position as one of Europe's big teams, from where they can never be relegated.

I've nothing against Man City in saying that, but they're the newest/best example of how the game can change for your club in the current set-up, but will never change in the future set-up. 

Leicester winning the league was a big thing. Good-bye to that.

Oh yeah, at present there's chances for clubs to break in, and that shuts it down completely. But FFP does similar, only benefits clubs that have already made their investment. I just can't really see a route away from finances dictating shit. 

I also suspect that fans would get bored of a super league quite quickly. The champions league holds some interest because of the draws and random small to mid teams breaking in with a good run. 

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

TGT how many Brazilian players have played for West Ham? MOTD gave the incredible statistic that Anderson is the first Brazilian to score 2 goals in a match for you!

You might want to @ him. I'm pretty sure he's in Sri Lanka for the cricket. 

41 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Apparently Lee Probert taking some abuse for giving Gray a yellow card for taking his top off. I support Probert on this one, I don't think referees should need to decide when is suitable and when not.

Me neither. Rules are rules. Where do they draw the line otherwise?