Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Looks like he clips it to me. Ball skews away. Not a red in a million years either way.

15572276681926482.gif

He misses the ball mate. Quite like the player but he has previous.

Either way a stunning once in a career moment for him with the goal. The beauty of the game of footie writ large.

Just now, Wooderson said:

He misses the ball mate. Quite like the player but he has previous.

Either way a stunning once in a career moment for him with the goal. The beauty of the game of footie writ large.

Genuinely thinks he clips the bottom of the ball. 

But yeah, a career high in possibly his last home game for City. 

28 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Looks like he clips it to me. Ball skews away. 

that's Maddison's toe, long before Kompany gets there.

If Kompany has got the ball that's close to Madison, it couldn't take so long for the contact by Kompany with Maddison.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Football is far too complex to put a long range goal down to luck. Most people in the world couldn't bang that into the top corner from that distance and even less people would have the bottle to even take that chance under that pressure. 

This goal was no more or less lucky than any other typical goal.

I don't agree. I think there are tap on goals which end up easier to score than miss which are less dependent on luck.

I have seen goals like that scored by non big game players in the non league. Sometimes it's just about getting the right contact and the ball goes in. They clearly are trying to score, but it's a shot that rarely comes off, in a low scoring game like football it is sometimes worth taking the risk.

I wouldn't rule out it being coincidence that his big goal comes in a big game. I think there are non "big game players" who could have scored the goal if there luck was in on the day. However credit to him getting his moment, you need to buy a ticket to win the lottery.

As a Liverpool fan I've got to say congratulations to Man city. They have the best squad the premier league has ever seen and for Liverpool to push them to the last game of the season shows how well we have done.

The goal yesterday was brilliant and I would rather a goal like that gets them the title rather than a scrappy goal.

Looks like City are lining up 2 new players already, its going to be very hard for any team to get close to them for the next 5-10 years at this rate. I thought there was talk of them possibly having a transfer ban a few weeks ago, that seems to have disapeared 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Rian Brewster should start for the Reds.

The lad should get some mins tonight whatever happens. It's a no brainer. Sturridge leaving in the summer. Why not shove Rhian in. Let him dip his toe in the waters and see how he gets on. 

In other news, BT Sport debating whether Suarez was disrespectful towards LFC last week. Seriously? 

36 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The lad should get some mins tonight whatever happens. It's a no brainer. Sturridge leaving in the summer. Why not shove Rhian in. Let him dip his toe in the waters and see how he gets on. 

In other news, BT Sport debating whether Suarez was disrespectful towards LFC last week. Seriously? 

I would have no issue an ex Wrexham player scoring against us, I think the non celebration is a silly addition to the game.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I would have no issue an ex Wrexham player scoring against us, I think the non celebration is a silly addition to the game.

David Luiz scored against us for PSG and knocked us out of the CL. He literally went crazy. It should be expecte and accepted. I'd want my team to behave exactly the same.