Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

29 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree. 19 times out of 20 the same big time player, in the same big match takes the shot and misses. Then 1 minutes later everyone has forgotten and the match goes on. In my view City would probably have found a goal anyway but we will never know.  People will always try to create a narrative about these dramatic moments such as Stevie G single handedly pushing liverpool to victory in the champions league final, but I dont think it  always matches reality.

Football is far too complex to put a long range goal down to luck. Most people in the world couldn't bang that into the top corner from that distance and even less people would have the bottle to even take that chance under that pressure. 

This goal was no more or less lucky than any other typical goal. Football is a very complex game where any individual player has, in the grand scheme of things, little effect on the game. Situations arise during the game due to a number of reasons: chance, skill of a teammate or personal skill (movement, positioning etc). The best football players in the world take advantage of those situations regularly, especially when under pressure. In this case, Kompany took advantage of being relatively close to the goal and having no pressure from defenders to execute an excellent shot into the top corner.

Edited by CRW5252

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Nah he got a touch on the ball first. 

what? :lol: 

he was a fucking mile away from contact with the ball.

Personally I find it hard to see that as a red but the pundits on my stream did (was it dixon and le saux? I think it was).

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

that Kompany hadn't been sent off long before...?

Could have happened. The pundits on my stream reckoned it was borderline-red.

He got the ball, was not out of control. It was a great tackle and not even a booking.

17 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He got the ball, was not out of control. It was a great tackle and not even a booking.

He wasn't anywhere near the fucking ball, as the clip clearly shows.

The ref awarded a foul. The ref gave a yellow.

I guess refs give fouls against City when they get the ball cos Liverpool paid the ref. :P 

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

He clips the ball. It was never, ever, ever a sending off and he was unfortunate to even get booked. You are the person who has said he did not touch the ball. 

What he did not do is dive and cheat. He stood up when it mattered. Did not need any luck or gift from a ref, he just boomed it in the top corner

Absolutely remarkable team. One more win to become the greatest ever premier league team. 

Not going to get too carried away just yet as I have seen final day games not exactly go to plan. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

He clips the ball. It was never, ever, ever a sending off and he was unfortunate to even get booked. You are the person who has said he did not touch the ball. 

What he did not do is dive and cheat. He stood up when it mattered. Did not need any luck or gift from a ref, he just boomed it in the top corner

Absolutely remarkable team. One more win to become the greatest ever premier league team. 

Not going to get too carried away just yet as I have seen final day games not exactly go to plan. 

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You are the person who has said he did not touch the ball. 

and the ref.

And dixon and le saux.

It's just the fanboy with bluemoon bollocks to sell to try and forget about the despotic owner who sees the non-existent contact. How odd. :lol: 

(Still, perhaps we now know what Wenger's up to these days? :P )

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It was never, ever, ever a sending off and he was unfortunate to even get booked.

Personally I don't see that as a red but it's a very fair yellow - it was about taking the man.

Dixon and le saux thought it was a borderline red, but they know nothing about football. :P

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and the ref.

And dixon and le saux.

It's just the fanboy with bluemoon bollocks to sell to try and forget about the despotic owner who sees the non-existent contact. How odd. :lol: 

(Still, perhaps we now know what Wenger's up to these days? :P )

Personally I don't see that as a red but it's a very fair yellow - it was about taking the man.

Dixon and le saux thought it was a borderline red, but they know nothing about football. 

Not worth discussing with you. He clearly clips the ball. Was never a red card

Best team deservedly won. No offside goals, no dodgy decisions off the ref or goal keepers chicking it into their own net.

Still got work to do, roll on Sunday.

No offside goals,

in that one match, not the whole season.

no dodgy decisions off the ref

there was at least one, tho I forget what. Nevermind, it was inconsequential, so I'll agree with your statement and point out...

in that one match, not the whole season.

Oh, and of course the was the 'hack them down at the half way line' tactic operating yesterday (just check where the City fouls were [and the higher number than Leics]).

No need for the salty tears Neil because your adopted team have had a good season, but might not be good enough.

You seen to have gone on more about a Kompany tackle that you yourself has now said was not a red than you have about Fabinho diving to win a free kick.

Just now, eastynh said:

No need for the salty tears Neil because your adopted team have had a good season, but might not be good enough.

PMSL :lol: 

It's fuck all to do with that and everything to do with your bluemoon bollocks, where even the ref is cheating against perfect honest City.

That's 'perfect honest City' with their hack'em down tactics yesterday, of course.

Just now, eastynh said:

You seen to have gone on more about a Kompany tackle that you yourself has now said was not a red

has it passed you by that it was a piss take of you? :D 

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Fabinho diving to win a free kick.

there was contact.

Back in the long distance past when there were different Manc idiots around, the word of god was "there was contact, he's entitled to go down".

It was soft, but hey, there's never any gamemanship from perfect City, right? :D 

But it was a mile away from goal and needed something particularly special to be that goal.

And the 'particularly special' was the season's best player showing why he's the season's best player. :)