Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Great line-up and even greater theme for a tie dye wearer like me.

So, who do we think is the Friday headliner?

Someone exclusive for another event in June/July?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Great line-up and even greater theme for a tie dye wearer like me.

So, who do we think is the Friday headliner?

Someone exclusive for another event in June/July?

I'm guessing that the headliner has an already-announced show (at another fest, probably), and that show will have happened at the point BD announce them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for Manics, so that is great. Lots of other good stuff in there.  Friday headliner....  Waterboys (too soon), Stereophonics, who knows. I am happy with what we have got so far :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm guessing that the headliner has an already-announced show (at another fest, probably), and that show will have happened at the point BD announce them. 

 

Yeah I'm thinking that - and someone who may generate a lot of ticket sales, so they're waiting until after they usually sell out.

 

Surprised Seth isn't on the bill, his brother Sean's on the bill, and they often share the same festival of a weekend - making a thing of it with their families (usually knicking the benches I'm sat drinking on - with their mushrooming numbers). Oh wait Seth's playing with some other band a few weekends before....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing this out there. Could the Friday headliner be PiL? Got a show in Exeter in June they probably don’t want to take sales away from & I think have headlined before in 2012? Wouldn’t say they’re any bigger/smaller now then they were then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice! :)

Not too worried about Friday's headliners, I'll be happy to see Suzanne Vega, if it's not of interest. Chuffed to see Vintage Trouble on there, saw them at West Holts a few years back, and they were terrific. Plenty of other good stuff, too. Just hope my shifts don't clash with too much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

and someone who may generate a lot of ticket sales, so they're waiting until after they usually sell out.

nah, that won't be anything about it I don't think.

Just sounds like the normal thing of a delay because the act has contractual commitments somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be my first visit to Beautiful Days since 2009 and I cannot wait. As an added bonus managed to persuade my Glastonbury group to come to BDs to get their festival fix. I was a bit nervous prior to the announcement, am now delighted it looks a absolute cracker. Manics, Widhearts, Feeder, Suzanne Vega, Richard Thompson it goes on and on. Quite frankly the Friday headliner could be someone playing the spoons it will not diminish my excitement about returning to Escot Park, it has been way too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Surprised Seth isn't on the bill, his brother Sean's on the bill, and they often share the same festival of a weekend - making a thing of it with their families (usually knicking the benches I'm sat drinking on - with their mushrooming numbers). Oh wait Seth's playing with some other band a few weekends before....

you might be on to something with that - as Plant was one of the first acts i thought of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you might be on to something with that - as Plant was one of the first acts i thought of.

Yeah, whilst it could be someone like bloody New Model Army again! I'm hopeful it's Plant.

Edited by 5co77ie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever the Friday headliner is is a mute point for us. That lineup is a beautiful list of bands we have not managed t see elsewhere due to clashes and some of our fave festival bands.

Well happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Charlatans are playing Great Estate in Cornwall first weekend in June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

The Charlatans are playing Great Estate in Cornwall first weekend in June

Could be, I guess.

I was more thinking Percy playing in Bath at the end of May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hopeful it’s The The

Edited by 5co77ie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

I’m hopeful it’s The The

They're already confirmed for Number 6 several weeks later. 

 

Would be fab though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and they have a show in Bristol at around then too. Can't see it being them (him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madness are free that weekend....

Can't see it being Percy myself; not sure BT and BD have shared a headliner in the same year (apart from the Levs, natch). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone who is booked for  a festival already announced and may be an 'exclusive' or perhaps they have asked for time to help sell that festival out.

That gives me a short list of (yes, I am bored)

James
Depeche Mode
Ozzy Osbourne
Brian Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first Beautiful Days festival, what a cracking line up!

I am volunteering with Oxfam as a steward so hopefully my shifts don't clash with my must sees! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made up with the line up, first time back at BD after a couple of years off.... Convinced the Friday Headliner will be Robert Plant. But part of me has a feeling it might be one of th All Points East acts from London at the end of May early June... Nick Cave, Patti Smith, The National.... Maybe that’s to much wishful thinking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start.

Was really hoping for Shed 7 and The Skids at one of my festivals this year so hit the jackpot. Eric Bibb another favourite. Plenty of other decent stuff on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Someone who is booked for  a festival already announced and may be an 'exclusive' or perhaps they have asked for time to help sell that festival out.

you missed one of the criteria - which is "has a competing show in a similar locality".

Just as an example from last year: RdB booked Brian Wilson for Camp Bestival. When Eavis tried to book Wilson for Glasto Extravaganza, he was only allowed to do so if Wilson wasn't announced until a particular date.

Wilson had lots of other shows all round the country; the issue for RbD was about a show in a similar locality, rather than any other factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

This will be my first Beautiful Days festival, what a cracking line up!

I am volunteering with Oxfam as a steward so hopefully my shifts don't clash with my must sees! :D

See you in the Oxfield! :) Don't forget your mug!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Made up with the line up, first time back at BD after a couple of years off.... Convinced the Friday Headliner will be Robert Plant. But part of me has a feeling it might be one of th All Points East acts from London at the end of May early June... Nick Cave, Patti Smith, The National.... Maybe that’s to much wishful thinking 

Hey - good call - Nick Cave or Bjork? I'm sure the Levs have been trying to get Nick Cave for a while now. However Robert Plant with Seth Lakeman in the band also makes sense - especially with the Bath festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×