TRNSMT Lineup 2019

17 hours ago, The_farrell said:

Tbf though, a lot of people with 'information' are claiming Gerry Cinnamon this, Gerry Cinnamon that. Having my doubts about a lot of the theories, still nobody convincing me that it isn't my initial 3 of: The Strokes, Tame Impala and Foals. All i have had is replies from people saying 'Foals are an afternoon band', 'Catfish will sell more tickets than Strokes' and 'Tame Impala can't headline'. Can't trust people 'in the know' when they don't have their facts right at all. 

I must have missed this, let me explain... 

It isn't The Strokes, Tame Impala and Foals. 

I agree, Foals aren't an afternoon band 

Catfish would sell more tickets than The Strokes 

Tame Impala could headline, but there would only be 10k people there, and they've got 50k tickets to sell. 

Edited by Mezhyp1

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Good stuff :-)

Looking like I’ll be giving it a miss this year but will be good to get that confirmed either way.

As an aside, does anyone have any idea on when Electric Fields are likely to announce ?

They've been teasing a lineup announcement for a couple of weeks now, so must be soon.

I didn't get Catfish not selling as many tickets as The Strokes either tbh. You can argue about the quality of The Strokes' output since their debut, but there's absolutely no doubt their trajectory has been downwards since then when it comes to their size.

They WERE the biggest indie band in the world at one time. They're not anymore. Fuck knows who it is right now, but it ain't them.

1 minute ago, Steve050900 said:

The thing is the strokes are far away from the being the new band on tbe block anymore. Yes they can head line festivals but not one like trnsmt 

Its for current house hold names.  Just look at the poor ticket sales for the likes of readiohead. Big band but no pull with young people.

i disagree to be honest, i have been to trnsmt each year so far, im 23 years old and the strokes are the band to watch this year for pretty much everyone i know.

5 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

i disagree to be honest, i have been to trnsmt each year so far, im 23 years old and the strokes are the band to watch this year for pretty much everyone i know.

Then the people you know aren't representative of TRNSMT's target audience. Last time The Strokes played in the UK at BST they were dishing out tickets for £2.50 it sold that badly. Ezra & Catfish would both easily outsell them.

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Then the people you know aren't representative of TRNSMT's target audience. Last time The Strokes played in the UK at BST they were dishing out tickets for £2.50 it sold that badly. Ezra & Catfish would both easily outsell them.

Correct. Doesn’t mean they are better than the Strokes, they’re just more popular. The Strokes aren’t popular anymore around these parts. I can remember they headlined gig in the green back in like 2002, that’s when they had the world at their feet, but Trnsmt are going to book acts that will sell the most tickets.

8 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Some of my friends would say the same but I am 36. But bands that are in the charts or been active in the last few years will sale more tickets at festivals like this.

4 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Correct. Doesn’t mean they are better than the Strokes, they’re just more popular. The Strokes aren’t popular anymore around these parts. I can remember they headlined gig in the green back in like 2002, that’s when they had the world at their feet, but Trnsmt are going to book acts that will sell the most tickets.

They weren't great that night either, although they were up against it with one fairly short album to fill a headline length set. I'd be quite interested to see how I'd take to them now.

As a sidenote, that was my first festival, and the whole weekend was a total joy.

7 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

They weren't great that night either, although they were up against it with one fairly short album to fill a headline length set. I'd be quite interested to see how I'd take to them now.

As a sidenote, that was my first festival, and the whole weekend was a total joy.

I was only 8 at the time, so my memory is limited. Would have been my first gig getting dragged with my aunty and uncle. 

31 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

went last year for liam gallagher and arctic monkeys, went the year before for kasabian, trnsmts target audience is pretty much my group. george ezra is not popular with anyone our age, its simply people aged under 18 or over 30 that seem to like him, as said before i am from warrington and we had neighbourhood festival sell out in a day last year. this year george ezra is headlining, they recieved unbelievable backlash about the line up and ticket sales are going terribly after over 3 months, i have already had people offering 50% off tickets through my work sports and social, refuse to believe the same would be happening if the strokes were headlining.

42 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

went last year for liam gallagher and arctic monkeys, went the year before for kasabian, trnsmts target audience is pretty much my group. george ezra is not popular with anyone our age, its simply people aged under 18 or over 30 that seem to like him, as said before i am from warrington and we had neighbourhood festival sell out in a day last year. this year george ezra is headlining, they recieved unbelievable backlash about the line up and ticket sales are going terribly after over 3 months, i have already had people offering 50% off tickets through my work sports and social, refuse to believe the same would be happening if the strokes were headlining.

George Ezra is undeniably very popular with TRNSMT's key target audience. The backlash at Neighbourhood is probs cause they went very heavy the first year on a very specific type of act which they wouldn't be able to replicate the next year clearly. You're understating the ticket shifting power of George Ezra because you don't like him and vice versa with The Strokes

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

George Ezra is undeniably very popular with TRNSMT's key target audience. The backlash at Neighbourhood is probs cause they went very heavy the first year on a very specific type of act which they wouldn't be able to replicate the next year clearly. You're understating the ticket shifting power of George Ezra because you don't like him and vice versa with The Strokes

The same thing is happening with Gerry Cinnamon. He's definitely shite, but my opinion doesn't really matter here. People are either flat out talking shit, or making stuff up just to try and talk down their suitability for TRNSMT, and to be honest, it just makes them look thick.

Take the George Ezra example. He's always had a pretty decent crossover audience and now he's elevated to the big leagues, and it's not like his music dramatically changed either. So there's no reason to suggest he's not suitable for this, and there's no reason to suggest he won't sell a bucketload of tickets.

On the Gerry Cinnamon one, people talking as if it was only one night at the Academy, when infact, it was close to 10,000 tickets he sold on those nights, and probably could have sold more. That's hitting Hydro levels. Yet Snow Patrol, who's Hydro show wasn't close to sold out, won't bat an eyelid as a sub.

I wonder why that is.

10 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The same thing is happening with Gerry Cinnamon. He's definitely shite, but my opinion doesn't really matter here. People are either flat out talking shit, or making stuff up just to try and talk down their suitability for TRNSMT, and to be honest, it just makes them look thick.

Take the George Ezra example. He's always had a pretty decent crossover audience and now he's elevated to the big leagues, and it's not like his music dramatically changed either. So there's no reason to suggest he's not suitable for this, and there's no reason to suggest he won't sell a bucketload of tickets.

On the Gerry Cinnamon one, people talking as if it was only one night at the Academy, when infact, it was close to 10,000 tickets he sold on those nights, and probably could have sold more. That's hitting Hydro levels. Yet Snow Patrol, who's Hydro show wasn't close to sold out, won't bat an eyelid as a sub.

I wonder why that is.

Yeah, totally agree people take too much notice of what they/ their friends like. Also there's tonnes of options to see big bands in Glasgow this summer with Summer Sessions too, which has a lineup i don't like but is clearly some really good bookings. 

Gerry I think will sub-  something like Catfish/ Gerry/ Wombats would sell very well I think.