JBarbour

Mad Cool 2018

For the people still waiting on wristbands, is there a way you can track where they are via DHL? I’m having no luck with both ticketmaster and Mad Cool whatsoever. 

Wouldnt normally be bothered but as I’m not getting to Madrid till late on the Thursday and Gang of Youths being on at 6pm, I don’t want to miss out on then because I’m queuing up to get my wristband. 

We booked our train tickets (Valencia > Madrid) through Renfe with no hassle at all. Something like 35Euro each.

22 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

You can see in this twitter thread about last pictures that they have taken today. It is still in construction right now but you can see that there are two tents next to each other. One of them will probably be the loop (electronic stage). I don't want to post the pictures here since it might count as spoiler but you can check from this link: https://twitter.com/CriadoEnterado/status/1011949755604271104

Looks as though they've got the fake grass laid down again. Fantastic idea, particularly with the weather last year 

19 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

For the people still waiting on wristbands, is there a way you can track where they are via DHL? I’m having no luck with both ticketmaster and Mad Cool whatsoever.

My wife reliably informs me that our wristbands arrived via TNT and we received no warning e-mail that they were on their way. We have VIP tickets - I've no idea whether the delivery method is different.

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

It is early to estimate but the weather looks great this year https://www.accuweather.com/en/es/madrid/308526/july-weather/308526?monyr=7/1/2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 15.19.56.png

This is borderline the start of a sensible time-frame.

It's not like the Glastonbury threads which (I bet) are already talking about 2019 weather predictions. 

Than again - since that was posted, Thursday is now predicted to be even hotter. They've replaced the sun with a full thermometer!

Hoping it's down in the early 30s, rather than high :)

So as the luck of the draw would call it, England and Spain are two games away from meeting the night before the festival starts, for all of you going a day early I’m ready 

A3E75538-0C9C-45E9-8B78-A52E55CAE818.png

On 6/28/2018 at 9:20 AM, big__phil said:

We booked our train tickets (Valencia > Madrid) through Renfe with no hassle at all. Something like 35Euro each.

Thisis handy to know as I'm looking at going to Madrid in October and want to venture to Valenicia for a day trip.

45 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I don't quite understand the ticket offer for NOS and Mad Cool - cheaper tickets to see the same band two days in a row, hundreds of miles away?

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/mad-cool-festival-nos-alive/2018/shop/#ticket

They've done this last year for Foo Fighters - it's an offer for die-hard-fans. Nice service.

14 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

So as the luck of the draw would call it, England and Spain are two games away from meeting the night before the festival starts, for all of you going a day early I’m ready 

A3E75538-0C9C-45E9-8B78-A52E55CAE818.png

Looking forward to celebrating a comfortable Spain win...hopefully 🙏😜

53 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I don't quite understand the ticket offer for NOS and Mad Cool - cheaper tickets to see the same band two days in a row, hundreds of miles away?

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/mad-cool-festival-nos-alive/2018/shop/#ticket

It is great for a hardcore fan to see Pearl Jam twice in 3 days for 130 Euros. It is much cheaper than any concert that they have in Europe. Even Arctic Monkeys and QOTSA deal is very tempting if the plane tickets and accommodation are not that expensive in both cities

On 6/26/2018 at 1:05 PM, birchtree29 said:

You can send an e-mail to pulseras@madcool.es

Seems I'm not the only one who's waiting for them to respond to an email! Terrible customer service!

Getting incredibly stoked for this festival. While listening to Nine Inch Nails today I reflected on my favorite moment from one of their concerts ever... the video montage for "Right Where it Belongs" on the NIN/QotSA "With Teeth" tour. Here's a cam of that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, birchtree29 said:

It is early to estimate but the weather looks great this year https://www.accuweather.com/en/es/madrid/308526/july-weather/308526?monyr=7/1/2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 15.19.56.png

I’m not a big fan of very hot weather (so attending a festival in Madrid probably wasn’t the smartest move...), so am a bit worried about the water situation. Can you take reusable bottles in? Are there water points? I don’t want to spend a fortune on buying tiny bottles of water to keep cool.

1 hour ago, parp said:

I’m not a big fan of very hot weather (so attending a festival in Madrid probably wasn’t the smartest move...), so am a bit worried about the water situation. Can you take reusable bottles in? Are there water points? I don’t want to spend a fortune on buying tiny bottles of water to keep cool.

Bear in mind that the festival is running through the night. 30+ in the sun is hot, but most of the bands are on after the sun has set, and temperatures could be mid/early 20s (and feel cooler than that without the sun).

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

Bear in mind that the festival is running through the night. 30+ in the sun is hot, but most of the bands are on after the sun has set, and temperatures could be mid/early 20s (and feel cooler than that without the sun).

Very true, but I do drink a lot more water than the average person, so it is a concern to me. 

Can't believe how close it all is now. Does anyone know the stops the late night buses will take? We are staying in Charmartin and worried they will be non stop into Madrid.