Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

45 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I don't quite understand the ticket offer for NOS and Mad Cool - cheaper tickets to see the same band two days in a row, hundreds of miles away?

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/mad-cool-festival-nos-alive/2018/shop/#ticket

They've done this last year for Foo Fighters - it's an offer for die-hard-fans. Nice service.

14 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

So as the luck of the draw would call it, England and Spain are two games away from meeting the night before the festival starts, for all of you going a day early I’m ready 

A3E75538-0C9C-45E9-8B78-A52E55CAE818.png

Looking forward to celebrating a comfortable Spain win...hopefully ??

53 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I don't quite understand the ticket offer for NOS and Mad Cool - cheaper tickets to see the same band two days in a row, hundreds of miles away?

https://www.festicket.com/festivals/mad-cool-festival-nos-alive/2018/shop/#ticket

It is great for a hardcore fan to see Pearl Jam twice in 3 days for 130 Euros. It is much cheaper than any concert that they have in Europe. Even Arctic Monkeys and QOTSA deal is very tempting if the plane tickets and accommodation are not that expensive in both cities

Getting incredibly stoked for this festival. While listening to Nine Inch Nails today I reflected on my favorite moment from one of their concerts ever... the video montage for "Right Where it Belongs" on the NIN/QotSA "With Teeth" tour. Here's a cam of that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, birchtree29 said:

It is early to estimate but the weather looks great this year https://www.accuweather.com/en/es/madrid/308526/july-weather/308526?monyr=7/1/2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 15.19.56.png

I’m not a big fan of very hot weather (so attending a festival in Madrid probably wasn’t the smartest move...), so am a bit worried about the water situation. Can you take reusable bottles in? Are there water points? I don’t want to spend a fortune on buying tiny bottles of water to keep cool.

1 hour ago, parp said:

I’m not a big fan of very hot weather (so attending a festival in Madrid probably wasn’t the smartest move...), so am a bit worried about the water situation. Can you take reusable bottles in? Are there water points? I don’t want to spend a fortune on buying tiny bottles of water to keep cool.

Bear in mind that the festival is running through the night. 30+ in the sun is hot, but most of the bands are on after the sun has set, and temperatures could be mid/early 20s (and feel cooler than that without the sun).

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

Bear in mind that the festival is running through the night. 30+ in the sun is hot, but most of the bands are on after the sun has set, and temperatures could be mid/early 20s (and feel cooler than that without the sun).

Very true, but I do drink a lot more water than the average person, so it is a concern to me. 

12 hours ago, Cactusgirl said:

Can't believe how close it all is now. Does anyone know the stops the late night buses will take? We are staying in Charmartin and worried they will be non stop into Madrid.

The shuttle provided by Mad Cool goes straight to Plaza de Colon, no other stops. The N2 nightbus starts not too far from the festival, but otherwise your only option is a taxi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evilduck said:

The shuttle provided by Mad Cool goes straight to Plaza de Colon, no other stops. The N2 nightbus starts not too far from the festival, but otherwise your only option is a taxi.

The N2 runs normal schedule, twice per hour? It will be full of people... 

https://www.trafi.com/es/madrid/buses/n2-night-bus/valdebebas-cibeles/leandro-silva-antonio-miro-valverde/saturday/KYZwtghg+grADAJgH7wQWmaSUAsBmANhySKSSA==

The other options aren't running at night:

Train

Line C1. Estación: Valdebebas.

Bus

Lines: 87, 104, 112, 122, 171, 174
Bus nocturno: N2

Metro

Line: 8. Estación: Feria de Madrid

Edited by berger55
  • Like 1

Has anyone got any interesting things to do in Madrid - mid to late afternoon?

I'm sure there's plenty to do in the capital but realistically I can't imagine I'll be schlepping around museums and such whilst hungover and in the heat (as much as I'd like to visit Madrid culturally).

Just looking for things that compliment the festival's opening hours. Something not too strenuous and to combat the heat. 

31 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

Has anyone got any interesting things to do in Madrid - mid to late afternoon?

I'm sure there's plenty to do in the capital but realistically I can't imagine I'll be schlepping around museums and such whilst hungover and in the heat (as much as I'd like to visit Madrid culturally).

Just looking for things that compliment the festival's opening hours. Something not too strenuous and to combat the heat. 

Crazy suggestion: Don't be hungover? Bring a nice hangover cure or maybe don't drink to insane proportions, and then go see the museums and such. Or just go to the beach and get some Vitamin A.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2