Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

1 hour ago, stalemate9 said:

Thanks I will try my best, I'm just a bit anxious so the idea of interacting and getting involved scares me but I will see how it goes.

Just remember it's all a bit of fun, mate.

They are good at reading peoples reactions and you won't feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do.

Do let us know your experiences after the festival!

19 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

You can do as much or as little as you like. There are loads of people walking around, calling from balconies etc into the crowds who will encourage you to go along with it. They're not trying to drag you onto stage or anything, and they will draw the line wherever you want it to be drawn. 

Interaction can range from a tip of the cap to a drawn out experience if you want. I saw a girl in a prison in old town (i.e. had been taken behind a barred window in a bit of the set) who was clearly a punter last year, the sheriff was nearby to explain that is what happens if you don't obey the law. We acted as a distraction so the girl in the 'cell' grabbed his pistol and forced them to swap places. As we walked off with a new friend the sheriff was moaning about how this always happens and how is he going to explain his way out of it etc. We were only involved for a few mins, I think she'd been messing about there for 15 mins or so and plenty of people were spectating/walking past you get as involved as you want and it's all voluntary and nothing to worry about if you'd rather not.

1 minute ago, stu_kent said:

Just remember it's all a bit of fun, mate.

They are good at reading peoples reactions and you won't feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do.

Do let us know your experiences after the festival!

Those two posts just make one feel that the guys behind Boomtown have got this festival totally right. I'm SO excited for my first one and am certain it will be an entirely new festival experience for me. Long may they hold onto their original dream and fight against the otherwise almost uniform drift towards festival vanilla homogeny...

Ben 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mr flow said:

You don't have to interact if you don't want to, but it will be hard to avoid things that require interaction if that makes sense! A few years ago, i was "robbed" by a group of cowboys whilst queuing to try and buy some lunch in the Wild West district. Fortunately, they scarpered and returned my items when the sheriffs turned up in close pursuit.

Just an average lunchtime at Boomtown. 

I'm going to sound like a right grouch but this is like my worst nightmare lol, I would rather just be left alone.

It all sounds entertaining though if I was watching it happen to other people or just going on around me I just wouldn't want to be forced into anything which doesn't sound like I will be.

Thanks for letting me know guys I am a little less worried now, it sounds great. I'm very excited for my first Boomtown. I'll make sure to report back here afterwards!

Edited by stalemate9

As has been previously mentioned they seem to be really good at judging who is in the mood for it and who isn't. Even if they started something with you and you weren't enjoying it they'd put a stop to it pretty promptly I'd have thought.

Even in my previous example of someone being 'locked up', they could have walked away at any time.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to sound like a right grouch but this is like my worst nightmare lol, I would rather just be left alone. 

It all sounds entertaining though if I was watching it happen to other people or just going on around me I just wouldn't want to be forced into anything which doesn't sound like I will be. 

Thanks for letting me know guys I am a little less worried now, it sounds great. I'm very excited for my first Boomtown. I'll make sure to report back here afterwards! 

Seriously, no need to worry at all.

But, imagine they catch you at the right time when you're feeling in the right mood and you go with it... could be a new experience for you that you'll look back on fondly.  If you're not feeling it just keep on walking by and they won't hassle you at all.

• Like 1

Grouch :P

Don't worry though, you'll be fine. Just put up a picture of what you currently look like, and i'll promise not to send it in to Boomtown and ask them to get the performers to look out for this person, as he loves to interact :lol:

I've been following the weather watchers on Netweather hoping to get an idea of what to pack but it seems like we could get anything at this point. Low 20s and sunny spells would be just about perfect - especially for a high energy festival like Boomtown. Anything relatively benign will do, perhaps with some nice sunsets ?

I also agree with you on the walking boots over wellies as it doesn't take much rain to make some of the slopes very slippery.

• Upvote 1

The day by day forecast is worthless this far out.

Best thing is to look at something a bit more long term, like the BBC monthly outlook. They updated it yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/outlook

Sounds like it's going to be pretty settled high pressure building from the South West spreading outwards from Thursday. And even before Thursday they think the South in general will be holding on to warm and dry weather.

It will cool down from Wednesday onwards to low 20s from the high 20s earlier in the week, but that sounds perfect to me. Nothing worse than roasting in a crowd in near 30c heat. Low 20s the best festival weather. And no rain most importantly! So far all sounds perfect.

Edited by Sku

I've been sent the times for the town centre stage. Sleaford Mods are Friday and Limp Bizkit Sunday. Maybe you already knew that though, who knows.

I imagine it'll all come out soon.

I usually plan festivals lots but I'm quite looking forward to arriving without really knowing whats going on at my first Boomtown.

7 hours ago, sneakydave said:

I've been sent the times for the town centre stage. Sleaford Mods are Friday and Limp Bizkit Sunday. Maybe you already knew that though, who knows.

I usually plan festivals lots but I'm quite looking forward to arriving without really knowing whats going on at my first Boomtown.

Are you allowed to share?

8 hours ago, sneakydave said:

Are Gorrilaz on the Saturday? So does this mean that Gorrilaz and Limp Bizkit don't clash like we once thought?

I'm just hoping now that they don't put Enter Shikari up against them.....

8 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Are Gorrilaz on the Saturday? So does this mean that Gorrilaz and Limp Bizkit don't clash like we once thought?

I'm just hoping now that they don't put Enter Shikari up against them.....

The website shows Gorillaz are on Saturday. There were some tour dates a few pages back from their respective websites that suggested that they didn't clash but I don't remember details to be honest.

Morning chaps!

I should be getting a guest pass to BT, through a mate of mine. Has anyone here ever been as a guest? Got a couple of questions...

How close to the festival do the passes ususally arrive? We were told they would be send out close to the festival but with less than a week to go now we are starting to panic a bit now! I've emailed them but all I got was an auto response saying they will reply within 3 days.

Secondly, are there any extra benefits for guests? Free parking, private toilets, etc?

I've never been to BT either as a guest or a paying customer so I'm not sure how it all works.

Any information would be great.

Cheers! ?