British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

Does anyone know anything about the Terrace stand? I went Tom Petty last year and it was seated and some pictures show it seated but online it’s saying it’s standing? Going to see Clapton with parents and they might struggle on feet all day of its this hot ?

45 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Roger Waters only has 3 acts on the main stage. The rest have at least 5. Any chance of last minute big acts being announced? Wasn't Stevie Nicks quite a late announcement last year?

It’s because it’s on a Friday and he’s starting earlier 

On 6/21/2018 at 2:01 PM, Livvy Mae said:

i wanted to try and get in on time to get one of those elusive 'get to the front' wristbands ideally 

Do we know that this system will be in place? 

Will it apply for the Slowdive and Interpol sets? 

On 6/28/2018 at 8:42 AM, TomViolence said:

Wish Slowdive were on a bit later though! 

On 6/28/2018 at 9:31 AM, evilduck said:

Slowdive seem far too low! It's also going to be a bit of a mad dash between Ride and The Cure. I suspect a lot of people will leave them a bit early.

I'm also proper devastated about this! Was hoping for some early evening/dusk When The Sun Hits! Hoping I can get there, get in, and get settled in time for them. Wonder if it's because tour travel commitments. I imagine I won't catch too much of Ride as I refuse to miss any of Interpol, happy to cut into the start of The Cure though. I can tell my Fitbit step counter is going to be happy with me...

Can anyone elaborate on the 'get to the front' wristbands i've seen mentioned on here? What are they, how do they get allocated and what do they get you? Is there info on the BST website about them?

I have early entry tickets for The Cure but I was only planning to get there for Slowdive, would I be able to get some of these wristbands?

2 hours ago, crozbie15 said:

Hi, does anyone know what it is like to take a kid to one of these things. Looks like we may only be able to come with our infant daughter if at all due to babysitting issues. We know we can get her in, but don't want to if it is going to be horrendous for her.

It is busy but there are places at the back and down the side where there is seating etc. however these are not really within earshot of the main stage. The crowd thins out as you go back but there’s nothing specific for kids so doable but not ideal would be my answer

9 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Can anyone elaborate on the 'get to the front' wristbands i've seen mentioned on here? What are they, how do they get allocated and what do they get you? Is there info on the BST website about them?

I have early entry tickets for The Cure but I was only planning to get there for Slowdive, would I be able to get some of these wristbands?

You have to get there quite early and immediately go into the front portion accessed from the left as you look at the stage. There will be staff handing out wristbands which will give you access to the front part all day and allow you to come and go. If you arrive too late and the wristbands have gone you won’t be able to get into the front bit at all. Your early entry ticket won’t help you if you don’t get there in time. This has been the case for the last few BST events I’ve been to. Obviously if there is a gold circle thing going on you would need one of those rip off tickets to get in but for The Cure I think it’s just a get in early job.

3 minutes ago, John L said:

You have to get there quite early and immediately go into the front portion accessed from the left as you look at the stage. There will be staff handing out wristbands which will give you access to the front part all day and allow you to come and go. If you arrive too late and the wristbands have gone you won’t be able to get into the front bit at all. Your early entry ticket won’t help you if you don’t get there in time. This has been the case for the last few BST events I’ve been to. Obviously if there is a gold circle thing going on you would need one of those rip off tickets to get in but for The Cure I think it’s just a get in early job.

Thanks John L!

1 hour ago, phimill said:

have the day specific maps been released yet?

The general site map will be the same for all days, with the exception of the very front pit configuration. For all acts apart from The Cure, the front bit is for different levels of VIP/premium tickets only.

BST-BrunoMars.jpg

The Cure only has a restricted area at the very side.

the-cure-bst-layout.jpg