British Summer Time 2018

Rose-Colored Boy

30 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Picnic blanket w*nkers in the front circle do seem to be especially prevalent in the front sections of BST gigs in general. I wonder what draws them there...

Yikes. Seems strange that security don’t try to break them up slightly. Walking out of the crowd was an absolute nightmare. Definitely accidentally left some footprints where they might not be welcome. 

Had a blast on Saturday! Bar queues weren't too bad, weather was good (a little too hot at times though) and no issues with the sound. 

The Cure aced it as always - the setlist was pretty much perfect for me. 

All the supports I saw were great too, particularly Lisa Hannigan and Slowdive.

PS. loved how much the crowd reaction meant to The Twilight Sad :)

Edited by TomViolence

17 hours ago, Livvy Mae said:

Loved everything except the dickhead Cure fanboys with their picnic blankets taking up all of the golden circle and then refusing to acknowledge any of the other bands on previously. Interpol are my favourite band and I couldn’t see one person around me who seemed arsed. That said, people came to life for The Cure which did wonders for the atmosphere. What an amazing set!

also would just like to acknowledge that is absolutely definitely coming home. 

Oh, this definitely. I saw some twats on the ground get angry at some foreign girls near me for accidentally stepping on their blanket. You're 15 metres from the stage at a festival with tens of thousands of people, how much room can you expect ffs?

• Upvote 1

I hung around at the back of the front pit and the atmosphere was quite nice. I noticed that a lot of people around me had plastic upgrade wristbands, that they were selling in a box right next to the front pit. So they limit the capacity, but still have some extra to sell to people if you got there too late <_<

On 7/7/2018 at 1:47 PM, dentalplan said:

There’s no Gold Circle today. When it’s just normal GA, they give limited wristbands out first-come-first-serve for the front pit so that people will still be able to leave and spend too much money on refreshments.

When I got there, around 14:00, they would only let you in if you had a Primary Entry ticket. Luckily we did so me and my wife got down the front for Slowdive, who were great - I reckon they were better than when I saw them at The Roundhouse on their last tour. Our friends didn't have the right tickets though so didn't get wristbands, I did suggest borrowing our tickets but they declined. We watched them from a distance back by the bar and not far from to the toilets and it was great. Made me think what a great headliner they would be for Glastonbury next year! They should get them and Depeche Mode.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:24 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what did you all think of yesterday?

The Cure were great, was singing and dancing all night. I really enjoyed Pale Waves and Goldfrapp too. I took my dad for his birthday and he liked Pale Waves which I thought was surprising. I spoke to some absolute milf and she said she goes to a lot of gigs. I got her number and we said we should go to some gigs together, and she said that I can crash at hers if I want. Then she offered me some PCP but I said no :rofl:

image.jpeg.9beb50067256aada5a6bfa524b4f212f.jpeg

Angel dust! You ever seen what this stuff does to kids? You are looking at three to five MANDATORY

Really enjoyed The Cure on Saturday- 6th time I have seen them, 1st time nearly 30 years ago!

Also enjoyed Twilight Sad, Editors, Interpol & Ride

Great weather but could have done with some more shade and booze was (not unsurprisingly) very expensive

Is now good to start throwing 2019 suggestions around?

Good, no objections.

Justin Timberlake, Pink and Fleetwood Mac. All likely to have Euro engagements next summer judging by their schedules; though the former may be in the market only for festivals by then. The other two may have more extensive tours in the UK planned but, a la Bon Jovi in 2013, could easily feature BST as the showpiece date of such legs.

They're probably all credible Glasto shouts/rumours too, but money talks, or so I've heard.

• Downvote 1

Anytime see Paul Simon? I cracked and forked out 85 quid on the back of it being the last ever gig, and it was worth it. The final hour was utterly sensational. Really quite emotional stuff and a privilege to be there. 

James Taylor on the other hand is the absolute pits. 

Edited by russycarps
  • Downvote 2

I was at Paul Simon. I hated it, was just too big. Had a feeling it wouldn’t be his last show when I bought the tickets on the day they went on sale, and so it proved to be. Fortunately I am going to the final New York show.

I thought James Taylor was perfect for the early evening sunshine, though the set was samey throughout.

• Upvote 1

Yeah definetly see Justin Timberlake and Pink playing as the pop acts 

Would a metal day go well at BST with Iron Maiden? Slipknot? 

Florence and the Machine, Mumford And Sons, Artic Monkeys 

Calvin Harris? David Guetta? 

I'm not really in with what this festival caters for but just thought I'd throw a few out.