Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Crazy Horse coming back around is delightful stuff. Saw Promise of the Real before, but not Crazy Horse.

Mind you, on an economy drive for most of the next six months, and can't really do too many trips south. Will need a date in the north, preferably in Leeds, if they get over.

Neil played shows with Crazy Horse in 2023. An April tour has been announced on his NYA a few weeks ago. Dates tba. So this doesn‘t come as a surpise but unfortunately I doubt this means he‘ll be in Europe this year. He was hesitant to tour at all due to his CO2 footprint. So taking a bus around the US seems way more probable than a flight across the pond.

Edited by Karlos12345

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still narked that I had tickets to see him in a tiny venue in Edinburgh that got banjaxed by the pando and never rescheduled

Bob Plant? Saw him play a surprise support slot at The HiFi Club in Leeds back in 2019 when he was road-testing Saving Grace. Definitely the pinch-me-what-on-earth moment of my musical gig life, I'd imagine.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:08 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus Nils is on the road with the Boss for most of the spring and summer.

Micah, from POTR, will be on guitar if Nils not available.

On 1/18/2024 at 6:33 PM, charlierc said:

Interesting that they've gone early in saying these upcoming shows they're doing (and also in the USA) will have Dookie and American Idiot in full.

Not sure if that tempts me more or not, mind. Saw them play Dookie top-to-bottom at Brixton in 2013.

Its made me 100% for Manchester when i wasnt completely sure, I couldn't ask for anything more than American Idiot in full. I like Green Day in general, but love that album as pretty much one of my favourites ever. 

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its made me 100% for Manchester when i wasnt completely sure, I couldn't ask for anything more than American Idiot in full. I like Green Day in general, but love that album as pretty much one of my favourites ever. 

Yeah I'm in the boat of being on the lookout for Manchester for American Idiot. I like Dookie and it could have been Warning as that has a few great one's I like but AI was their staple and a huge moment for them. Billy Joe looks like he's just slowed down a little recently too so probably a final chance to see them, it's been a long time. 

Can't deny I'd have taken Rancid over all over these and annoying The Interrupters aren't on the UK dates. I kinda will be happy for seats and just arrive in time for Green Day.

Edited by northernangel

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still narked that I had tickets to see him in a tiny venue in Edinburgh that got banjaxed by the pando and never rescheduled

FYI Saving Grace Scottish Tour July 2020 was cancelled due to the pandemic but it did materialize in November 2022.

They played at the Queen’s Hall in Edinburgh, the same venue as originally advertised two years before.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Placebo subbing the Other Stage? Not sure on their size anymore.

Think they might headline Woodsies against Dua, pretty decent alternative and close enough to start watching Dua and then head off to Placebo. 

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus they famously don't play the hits so it's an inevitable disappointment wherever they wind up.

I think they’re a solid and very good live act. Don’t go in expecting the hits and you won’t be disappointed if you’re a fan. If you’re a casual expecting the hits you’ll be disappointed. 

11 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Oh I'd love to see American Idiot in full - I still use CDs in my car and that one gets healthy use - but I'm unsure about seeing Dookie in full as I've already seen it.

Nothing but Thieves as support could be a turn in favour as well, mind. I like them and haven't seen them since opening for Muse five years ago.

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus they famously don't play the hits so it's an inevitable disappointment wherever they wind up.

Tbf I'm very tempted to say they were better than My Chemical Romance when I saw the two of them at Stadium MK 2 years ago, and Placebo's only hits they did were The Bitter End and Infra-Red. At the very least the sound was a lot crisper and heavier.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf I'm very tempted to say they were better than My Chemical Romance when I saw the two of them at Stadium MK 2 years ago, and Placebo's only hits they did were The Bitter End and Infra-Red. At the very least the sound was a lot crisper and heavier.

You know, I have the same sense of feeling. The more I look back at that MCR show, the more I realise it was a greater moment than it was a show.