Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

38 minutes ago, Chawk said:

So what's the craic with this- is every set that was broadcast live now on catch up iPlayer, except Lana Del Rey? 

Lana is there unless they pulled it.

If you do the recursive command with 1080 the radio stuff will not download due to quality.

also you will skip specials and such if youve downloaded them before. Your download history is saved so it wont do it unless you never got it.

Edited by Suprefan

On 6/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, Penrhos said:

OK so as of 09:00 Monday this is the current state of the "sets" on iplayer...

I've done get_iplayer --prefs-add --TV=FHD,HD --radio=320,192,96 --output=c:\iplayer

Then its get_iplayer --url xxxxxxxxxx

I've only worked out two to do drag and drop individual URLs for this, can you help me? Where do these lines of code get entered? into he module itself or into command/DOS?

I've only ever managed to get 720P and would like to get higher quality so guessing this code would work for that. What is the recursive line to grab everything?

Also is there a way to wipe the history so it doesn't block re-downloading stuff for this fresh run I want to do? (I've already bashed through a fair bit overnight)

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

I've only worked out two to do drag and drop individual URLs for this, can you help me? Where do these lines of code get entered? into he module itself or into command/DOS?

I've only ever managed to get 720P and would like to get higher quality so guessing this code would work for that. What is the recursive line to grab everything?

Also is there a way to wipe the history so it doesn't block re-downloading stuff for this fresh run I want to do? (I've already bashed through a fair bit overnight)

if you use --overwrite it'll re-download a set

you can force 1080P with --TV=FHD (assuming it's available in 1080P as not all sets are (some are only 720P)

When I installed Get_iplayer it created a desktop icon "Get_Iplayer" that opens a command prompt when double-clicked

at that point I type "get_iplayer --url and paste the url of the set I want from the list I posted earlier - or if you want something you right-click the images and "copy link address" then paste it into the command line, press enter and wait.

So seems i mightve gotten iplayer to download the live feed if Glastonburys Greatest Hits but maybe its incomplete? It gave me a pid but i cant get it to try again. Have a huge 50gb file though. errors are there. Help?

pid is p0fv2bbk

IMG_6314.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

On 6/26/2023 at 8:12 PM, Suprefan said:

Lana is there unless they pulled it.

If you do the recursive command with 1080 the radio stuff will not download due to quality.

also you will skip specials and such if youve downloaded them before. Your download history is saved so it wont do it unless you never got it.

Does the radio stuff download as an audio file?

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Up to almost half a terabyte and still going... 😁

If you get the 50gb file of the live glasto greatest hits one  its about 650gb for everything thats available on the channel including old highlights.  Bummer theres a handful of sets that didnt get put on there like Max Richter, The Hives, The Last Dinner Party.

On 6/28/2023 at 4:07 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Does the radio stuff download as an audio file?

I mean its supposed to? But i havent gotten to it yet to see how to download I guess. 

maybe ill update my version and see if it works.

Edited by Suprefan

On 6/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

How do I download a set? I want the Young Fathers one.

Is there an app required?

There's a programme called Jdownloader2.  Install that, open it.  Copy the iplayer link, go to the linkgrabber tab and start the download.  Very intuitive.  No messing about with coding and prompt windows.

I'm getting 1080p too.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

If you get the 50gb file of the live glasto greatest hits one  its about 650gb for everything thats available on the channel including old highlights.  Bummer theres a handful of sets that didnt get put on there like Max Richter, The Hives, The Last Dinner Party.

I mean its supposed to? But i havent gotten to it yet to see how to download I guess. 

maybe ill update my version and see if it works.

I didn't get the greatest hits (and probably won't bother)

Total 579Gb. That'll do for another year.

How annoying is the iPlayer site btw. I searched "Glastonbury Foo Fighters" and just "Foo Fighters" which returned no results. But on the main Glastonbury section if you click on "Trending" you find them there, but not under "Guitars". Similar with Cat Stevens. Why not just an A-Z of band names? I'm missing a few but don't know if that's because they weren't recorded or whether I just can't find them. Any ideas? (Some are Acoustic which I don't think is recorded?)

Adwaith

The Hives

Seth Lakeman

The Unthanks

Beth Orton

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I didn't get the greatest hits (and probably won't bother)

Total 579Gb. That'll do for another year.

So I somehow managed to get the 2023 Channel Highlights to  start download? This is absurd. ( see below )  There is also another live 2023 highlights one that Ive yet to see what it has.

zero luck on radio so if anyone has the command to grab all the radio highlights please post.

IMG_6384.jpeg

On 7/1/2023 at 12:30 AM, Suprefan said:

So I somehow managed to get the 2023 Channel Highlights to  start download? This is absurd. ( see below )  There is also another live 2023 highlights one that Ive yet to see what it has.

zero luck on radio so if anyone has the command to grab all the radio highlights please post.

IMG_6384.jpeg

what command did you run to get that?

I got all the radio shows as part of the recursive download of the main link. 

Have you set your preferences to also include the radio?

get_iplayer --prefs-add --tv-quality=FHD,HD --radio-quality=320,192,96

On 6/30/2023 at 12:58 AM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

There's a programme called Jdownloader2.  Install that, open it.  Copy the iplayer link, go to the linkgrabber tab and start the download.  Very intuitive.  No messing about with coding and prompt windows.

I'm getting 1080p too.

this worked perfectly for me, thanks 👍

23 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I did the regular pid recursive and i think it somehow tricked it into downloading despite it being a live feed. I figured out why my other one of the 24 hour channel one is not properly formatted. I ran out of hard drive space so it couldnt get a copy of the ts file to convert. Will try the other command for radio and let you know how it goes.

On 7/4/2023 at 1:08 PM, dotdash79 said:

That worked, cheers. Guess the newer versions of the program needed that.