Football 17/18

TheGayTent

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

footballs coming home

Steve Cooper (England u17 coach) started off as a player ( although I don't think he ever made first team squad) at Wrexham. He also started off his coaching career here. I have heard nothing but good things about him.

I think winning these tournaments can only be good, but look at past winners and they are full of players who didn't make it. You wonder how these players will get the opportunities.

Edited by pink_triangle

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I gave the game a miss as I thought it had 0-0 written all over it. From memory Spurs rarely win away against top 6 teams.

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

And Utd have only scored 8 goals in 14 games against the top 6, you decided correctly.

Stayed up again to watch it. Another poor move on my part. Was the last time I will be able to do that though with your clocks changing.

Shite game.

19 hours ago, The Nal said:

Tight game. Great result for Utd.

5 games at home. 5 wins. 15 goals scored. 0 conceded. Unbeaten at home in 34 games in all comps now. A fortress once again. 

Jose masterclass.

About ten years ago we went on a four year, 86 game unbeaten run at home. 

12 hours ago, mjsell said:

Stayed up again to watch it. Another poor move on my part. Was the last time I will be able to do that though with your clocks changing.

Shite game.

That’s a shame, you will miss the special game of attacking flair of Chelsea v Man Utd :rolleyes:

Edited by thetime

Similar thing happened to Martinez the year we qualified for the Europa and we didn't seem to win a game on the Sunday in the first 6 months,  picked up a little after Christmas though. The Europa league really is a curse for teams outside the top 6. I seem to remember Ipswich going down the year they qualified for it.

Unsworth playing with wingers is quite funny though. Alot of money on the bench that the club won't recuperate.

Given the competitiveness of the promoted trio and the great starts made by Burnley and Watford the relegation picture is wide open. There's a few PL regulars - Everton, West Ham, West Brom, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke, Palace who should all be concerned at the moment.

It's impossible to pick three with any certainty yet but right now I'd plump for Palace, Brighton and I'm sad to say us.

Big Sam was on the stream I was watching yesterday saying Everton are in a relegation battle and need to start playing the reserves in the Europa and the FA cup now to concentrate on the prem. It was pretty much a pitch for the job in the same way Arry used to give a diagnosis on the Spurs team just before he got the job.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Big Sam was on the stream I was watching yesterday saying Everton are in a relegation battle and need to start playing the reserves in the Europa and the FA cup now to concentrate on the prem. It was pretty much a pitch for the job in the same way Arry used to give a diagnosis on the Spurs team just before he got the job.

He was all over the media the other day bleating about how British coaches weren't being given chances whilst simultaneously talking himself up for the USA job.

It's safe to say the irony was lost on him.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

He was all over the media the other day bleating about how British coaches weren't being given chances whilst simultaneously talking himself up for the USA job.

That is funny because he was saying because Unsworth (British coach)  has the job on a temporary basis he can't throw the Europa or FA cup as he'll feel the need to prove himself in every game. Instead they need to get "someone" in now on a permanent basis who could do that. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given the competitiveness of the promoted trio and the great starts made by Burnley and Watford the relegation picture is wide open. There's a few PL regulars - Everton, West Ham, West Brom, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke, Palace who should all be concerned at the moment.

It's impossible to pick three with any certainty yet but right now I'd plump for Palace, Brighton and I'm sad to say us.

I would be amazed if Everton go down. I would argue with they have had a harder than average start to the season and things will start to even out.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

http://www.football365.com/news/second-class-nowhere-to-go-its-british-manager-nonsense

This is good on all that 'British coaches dont get the good jobs' rubbish