Football 17/18

TheGayTent

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Liverpool missing Henderson and Can might be the crucial element people are missing. 

I'd agree on Henderson, said it when he picked up the yellow. Can hasn't been anything special but the defensive midfielder is definitely a weak spot.

Given how much Utd have shat on City over the years the result at the weekend has got to have hurt their fans deeply.

I wonder after this failure to achieve this historic one-off do their team have the guts to come back 3 days later and redeem themselves tonight. More than capable. LFC are weak.

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so anyway, what I want to know is .... 

as a manc-red supporting scumbag (:P), who do you want to win tonight?

Is it the noisy neighbours, who are showing Utd up?

Or is the scousers you normally love to hate?

:D

Honestly don't care. To paraphrase Red Nev, its like having an option of having your car robbed or your house burgled.

Actually nice just looking forward to a big match with no horse in the race. Its fascinatingly set up tonight. As above, will be interesting to see what guts City show tonight. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Or is the scousers you normally love to hate?

:D

I can’t bring myself to want Liverpool to win, on the other hand city are better equipped to win the trophy from the next round. 

Saying that the amount of smugness from the scousers this last week has been rather sickening after a 1st leg win. 

30 minutes ago, thetime said:

Saying that the amount of smugness from the scousers this last week has been rather sickening after a 1st leg win. 

Yup. It ain't over till it's over.

But at the same time, a 3-0 lead from the first leg is better than anyone was thinking, so it's not really too surprising they've gone to town on it.

Utd went to town on an away 0-0 in the chumps. Now that was ridiculous.

Just now, zahidf said:

Hard to look past liverpool tonight. one away goal and its pretty much theres

I woke up this morning thinking the worst it would be would be 4-1 to City.

But then I thought I'd better check how many times they've had a winning (for tonight) scoreline in other games this season, and now I'm worried. Most of those previous teams are on the weaker side of things, but you don't do it that often if you're crap.

So now I'm thinking it's quite easily within City's capabilities to get the goals they need, and mostly it'll be about which versions of both teams turns up tonight. They're both capable of being very strong, but only Liverpool are capable of also being crap.

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I woke up this morning thinking the worst it would be would be 4-1 to City.

But then I thought I'd better check how many times they've had a winning (for tonight) scoreline in other games this season, and now I'm worried. Most of those previous teams are on the weaker side of things, but you don't do it that often if you're crap.

So now I'm thinking it's quite easily within City's capabilities to get the goals they need, and mostly it'll be about which versions of both teams turns up tonight. They're both capable of being very strong, but only Liverpool are capable of also being crap.

Well they beat liverpool by the same scoreline they need now earlier this season!

It wont be easy, but at the same time, if liverpool have their strike force out, city would get hit on the counter. Id say 75/25 in liverpools favour

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Id say 75/25 in liverpools favour

I wouldn't disagree with that particularly.

But a team 3-0 down to have a 25% chance, that's a big chance! In most other situations we'd be saying it's all over, and the chances for a City win are very slim.

Edited by eFestivals

29 minutes ago, jyoung said:

You can tell the scousers have been hurt before, can't you?! 3-0 up and in my opinion another goal makes it impossible for City to come back but the Reds' nerves are still jangling with many fearing elimination!

Football. It's a funny old game.

It's a game where the runaway Prem champions can fail to score, and lose, against lowly Wigan. It's a game where those runaway champions can be 2-0 up and lose 3-2.

It's a game where those same runaway Prem champions can wack Liverpool 5-0, and then lose to them twice, and once badly.

And it's a game where if City don't win the Prem we'll have the joy of Lineker doing MoTD in a thong - more horrifying than the pants.

:)

2 hours ago, thetime said:

I'm sure there must have been but I've not heard any smugness. No-one I've spoken to is under any illusion that it's all over. Sure, everyone is happier than expected before kick off last week but still a lot of nerves out there.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm sure there must have been but I've not heard any smugness. No-one I've spoken to is under any illusion that it's all over. Sure, everyone is happier than expected before kick off last week but still a lot of nerves out there.

Nowt wrong with a bit of smugness, especially the result your lot got. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sane’s goal should have stood, came off Milner. Not a single mention from the BT commentary team, really pisses me off when commentators don’t actually know the rules.

I'm watching NBC in the states and the commentators correctly pointed out it should of stood. They put ours to shame,  I remember being over for USA 1994 when none of them knew the rules.

Edited by lost