Football 17/18

TheGayTent

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought the spurs players were going down ridiculously easy. The same commentators would be screaming if a European team was doing the same. 

I still feel Kane needs to do more in these big away games before that world class label is thrown around.

He scored an equaliser which was his 100th goal! He also did loads in the second half as well

In terms of strikers, he is prob the best in the PL IMO

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

He scored an equaliser which was his 100th goal! He also did loads in the second half as well

In terms of strikers, he is prob the best in the PL IMO

There is nothing amazing about taking two penalties  and scoring one, I would expect any premiership forward to manage that.

I suppose it depends how you justify best forward. If it's by total league goals then I would agree. My criteria would be different.

21 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

There is nothing amazing about taking two penalties  and scoring one, I would expect any premiership forward to manage that.

I suppose it depends how you justify best forward. If it's by total league goals then I would agree. My criteria would be different.

What is the criteria? he scores important goals, he generally scores his chances, he scores loads of hattricks, he is always runs at the defenders etc.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

What is the criteria? he scores important goals, he generally scores his chances, he scores loads of hattricks, he is always runs at the defenders etc.

I don't think he scores enough important goals, particularly away from home. Spurs record away against the other top 6 teams in the last 2 years (if my fact checking correct) is played 9 won 0, drawn 3, lost 6 In those 9 games I think Kane has scored 2. That may have cost them the league title last season and top 4 this season. To me the next step for Kane is start scoring and become a match winner in those games. I think there is an element of flat track bully about him.

To be fair you could argue that the other top premiership forwards also don't always shine in the big games. As I have said before in a must win big premiership game I would probably pick Aguero above any forward.

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

I suppose the racism, biting and cheating in the World Cup blinkers us.

other than that...

oh c'mon. :rolleyes:

We're talking about 'contriving contact' here, and Suarez was (rightly) getting slaughtered for it before those other things were in the mix.

And it's not like Kane doesn't have his own form. This is hardly the first.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought Watford played some pretty good football and were well worth the win.

Much like Bournemouth when they played us the other day. Rough patch for Chelsea but there will be better days. Whether or not Conte survives though, I suppose we will see.

9 hours ago, jyoung said:

Fantastic footballer Bakayoko has another fantastic game of football.

In every Chelsea game I've seen this season he has always been the weak link (I'm aware of the sarcasm btw!). Always being slated and seems half a yard behind the game.

7 hours ago, jyoung said:

Much like Bournemouth when they played us the other day. Rough patch for Chelsea but there will be better days. Whether or not Conte survives though, I suppose we will see.

Tough run coming up with Barcelona , then utd and City away. Might let Arsenal back in for that 4th place if they can get the win against spurs. 

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

Tough run coming up with Barcelona , then utd and City away. Might let Arsenal back in for that 4th place if they can get the win against spurs. 

Set to be another season where the intrigue is in the top 4 and relegation races. If we can get a result against Spurs then it's 2 from 4. If we don't then I fear we will go down the United route from last season and focus solely on Europa.