Football 17/18

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Ha, yeah the start of this season was good. Nice ball, loads of goals. But he started that way too and finished 6th. All for giving managers time. 2 1/2 years and another 200 million you'd imagine this summer. Time to deliver on all front. Challenge for the league and the Champions League and play good ball.

This is changing the subject and doesn't really matter but I am intrigued.

Why do you say things like 'nice ball' and 'play good ball'? Never heard someone talk about football like that. 

15 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

This is changing the subject and doesn't really matter but I am intrigued.

Why do you say things like 'nice ball' and 'play good ball'? Never heard someone talk about football like that. 

As in footie thats good to watch. Like Liverpool play, like Arsenal played up until a few years back, like Spurs play on occasion. Like Mourinho played at Madrid. Like Utd played for the first few months of the season. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

As in footie thats good to watch. Like Liverpool play, like Arsenal played up until a few years back, like Spurs play on occasion. Like Mourinho played at Madrid. Like Utd played for the first few months of the season. 

I know what you mean, I've just never heard someone use those terms when describing football. I'm intrigued to know if it is a regional thing in parts of the UK or whether you just picked it up from watch American sports

Just now, CRW5252 said:

I know what you mean, I've just never heard someone use those terms when describing football. I'm intrigued to know if it is a regional thing in parts of the UK or whether you just picked it up from watch American sports

Dunno to be honest. Common enough expression in Dublin anyway!

"Hear Klopp has joined Liverpool?"

"He plays decent ball doesn't he?"

"He plays better ball than Hodgson anyway". 

Etc.

51 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Dunno to be honest. Common enough expression in Dublin anyway!

"Hear Klopp has joined Liverpool?"

"He plays decent ball doesn't he?"

"He plays better ball than Hodgson anyway". 

Etc.

Ah, never knew that! Perhaps it's an Irish thing then

52 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

He wants to hope he doesn't get this "restricted view" seat. You guys seen this?

I can't believe they even have the cheek to sell that!

Might be a good way of missing the torture of Ronaldo inevitably scoring a goal against us, though!

:O

Lots of shouts of "Budge up Scousers!"

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

My names in the ballot for Champs League final tickets. I'm not going like, mate who now uses my ticket is but waiting for the confirmation email, one way or the other, is bringing back Glastonbury jitters.

He's on the waiting list. Number 13,239 :D

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

He wants to hope he doesn't get this "restricted view" seat. You guys seen this?

I can't believe they even have the cheek to sell that!

Might be a good way of missing the torture of Ronaldo inevitably scoring a goal against us, though!

Those in glass houses and all that - you ever been in the back row of the Anfield road lower tier...?

25 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Mourinho confirmed that Rui Faria will leave and become a manager. Very interesting. Apparently he is exceptionally similar to Mou. Seen him go mad before. Look forward to watching it unfold...

He looks more horrible than Josè. He well flies off the handle. 

13 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Top 10 finish, unbelievable effort from Rafa and the boys.

did you know that Palace's form under Woy would have had Palace finish above Everton, if they'd had Woy for all of the season instead of that dreadful start?

Now that's an unbelievable effort. Newc should have always been mid-table.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:06 PM, TheGayTent said:

Those in glass houses and all that - you ever been in the back row of the Anfield road lower tier...?

I must admit I haven't, is it that bad?

On 5/12/2018 at 12:29 AM, Gnomicide said:

It's shit. That's why it's the next part of the ground due to be replaced.

Have we had any planning permission to get that stand replaced yet?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

did you know that Palace's form under Woy would have had Palace finish above Everton, if they'd had Woy for all of the season instead of that dreadful start?

Now that's an unbelievable effort. Newc should have always been mid-table.

And Newcastle are on the same points as them in 2018, 7th in the form table. Duno why you think Newcastle should have walked into a mid-table spot though. It's nice to hear another fan say that but I'll tell you that most Newcastle fans expected to be fighting relegation all season again.