How much liquid are you taking?

hermano

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm also finding it difficult to accept your IKEA bag idea as a good one, even if it's only got light stuff in it. Essentially the bag is made of strong, but thin, plastic, and you are going to have a long journey dragging it to your camp site. Mind you, you might feel that it gets easier as you walk along ie. as the newly created hole at the bottom of your bag shits out your belongings.

I might follow him in for the freebies. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of the ikea bag do what I'm doing. I have a large bag which I can taxi to the coach with plus easy to shuffle with during the queuing process, once I'm past the queue, the contents of the large bag will be split into two hand size carry bags for balance. I'm taking 24 cans of cider plus some juices. 

12 cans in my main bag and the rest split in the smaller ones. 

IMG_1111.JPG.3333a7558e882dcae87a2fef5b9

1 hour ago, hermano said:

Liquids are heavy. I'm probably taking too much. This is for two people though.  What are you gonna take?

• Johnny Walker Red 1 litre
  • Absolut Vodka 1 litre
  • Thatchers Gold cider 10 x 440ml = 4.4 litre
  • Westons Wyld Wood Organic Cider 1 box = 3 litre
  • Carling 12 x 440 = 5.25 litre
  • Soda water 4 x 1l = 4 litre
  • Copella Apple juice 1 litre

Total = 19.68 liters!  Gonna weigh over 20kg !

I've taken a couple of crates before - the small ones - and about six 70cl litres of vodka redbull before and it's saved me a lot of money, but also it's done my back in. 20 kg is a fair extra weight, have you got a trolley? Be prepared to take your time/take lots of breaks so you don't strain too hard and hurt yourself when you actually get to the festival. It can be a right pain in the arse having to find a seat all the time because you've pulled a muscle in your lower back! I'm just over average height and weight, but if you're some kind of man mountain, then prob not so much of a worry

This year just taking a bottle of cheap spiced rum from Lidl and a 70cl bottle of cherry liquor - just the 15% stuff - for night time drinking. Gonna treat muself this year and mainly drink from the bars. Never been able to afford it before but this is my only holiday this year so going to try and relax as much as possible and safe my energy for dancing instead of lugging shit about. Cold ciders in the sun, plus buy a cold coke from the bar and add my own rum. Perfect

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think I may be overpacking booze this year looking at you lot. (between 2 of us)

20 cans lager = 8.8l

16 cans ale= 7.04l

20 cans cider = 8.8l

2 boxes red wine = 4.5l

5.75l coke/lemonade

1l vodka

70cl spiced rum

1l Pimms

3l infused vodka/gin

1l Kahlua

41.5 litres in total.

Sure some of it will get passed round the group. 

Bloody hell, Scruff. 

Do you carry all that in, trolley it or multiple trips to the car?

1 hour ago, hermano said:

Liquids are heavy. I'm probably taking too much. This is for two people though.  What are you gonna take?

• Johnny Walker Red 1 litre
  • Absolut Vodka 1 litre
  • Thatchers Gold cider 10 x 440ml = 4.4 litre
  • Westons Wyld Wood Organic Cider 1 box = 3 litre
  • Carling 12 x 440 = 5.25 litre
  • Soda water 4 x 1l = 4 litre
  • Copella Apple juice 1 litre

Total = 19.68 liters!  Gonna weigh over 20kg !

Replace your Carling for absolutely nothing. It'll taste better.

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Replace your Carling for absolutely nothing. It'll taste better.

Just dip a mug into the longdrops instead and drink that. Its free and much nicer.

Pretty sure you can buy apple juice and soda water on site. 

20kg is twice the weight of my tent. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

2 trips hopefully. 3 at most - depends where parked. And she carries a fair amount of the other stuff to be fair.   2nd trip will normally involve me having borrowed someone's trolley if no mud but I don't like them most of the time for off road.  I have no arm strength but the back of a mule so I tend to tip the cans into a rucksack rather than trying to handball them in. Taking half as many cans and more spirits this year to try and reduce. takes 5l off. 

And my tent is only 6.5kg or something

Means I can spend sh#t loads on food though and become even fatter. 

Yeah I've taken a sack truck once in 13 visits and hated it. Never again. 

This year is a weird one for me, arrival wise, but I normally don't mind an early morning trip back to the car. I don't find it too bad being in East car parks. But I guess you'll be in West?

Ended up in West once (the year there was a fire in a scrap yard on route, I think, and we all got detoured around the site) and it seemed a much further walk. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My cans are Carling. :P 

The best of the piss lagers - Fosters is so much worse.. But I don't really like lager. But can't stomach ale first thing. It helps ease me in. 

There is a new king of piss lagers. We now have bud light on our shores. Just incase you thought normal bud didn't taste watery enough they brought out a weaker version.  

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

My cans are Carling. :P 

The best of the piss lagers - Fosters is so much worse.. But I don't really like lager. But can't stomach ale first thing. It helps ease me in. 

Nah I prefer Fosters tbh. And I like drinking piss lagers at festivals 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

There is a new king of piss lagers. We now have bud light on our shores. Just incase you thought normal bud didn't taste watery enough they brought out a weaker version.  

Not as alcoholic though I don't think.