ClashFest 2017

kalifire

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had worse years for clashes, but this one is a real pig for me:

Avalanches/DJ Shadow/The National (will probably try and see start of Avalanches before The National)

After that I've got:

The Pretenders/Hacienda Classical (not sure yet)

The Orb/Napalm Death (will go Orb but disappointing)

Then I've got a fair few would-like-to-sees, which I'm choosing to see as giving me options rather than being a bad thing. Wild Beasts vs Craig David is an interesting quandary...

I can't tell if a 'perfect clash', ie when two artists play exactly the same time slot on two different stages, is better or worse than sets that overlap. My initial reaction to Solange/Stormzy was 'ffs they are playing the exact same slot', but now I'm thinking it might be better to have to just plump for one, rather than piss about watching a bit here and a bit there, and maybe missing everything. 

Still, ffs

Struggling with the Stormzy and National clash. I know there's only a 15 minute crossover but with with journey times I have to miss a big chunk of one or the other. 

Now The National are one of my favourite bands, so it should be a no brainer, but throw into the mix the seemingly poor slot, the fact I have tickets for one of their London shows and the fact all of my mates will be at Stormzy (who I do really like as well) and we have a genuine dilemma! 

Head says Stormzy and heart says The National because, well, it's The National at Glastonbury! 

Help me out good people! 

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

Struggling with the Stormzy and National clash. I know there's only a 15 minute crossover but with with journey times I have to miss a big chunk of one or the other. 

Now The National are one of my favourite bands, so it should be a no brainer, but throw into the mix the seemingly poor slot, the fact I have tickets for one of their London shows and the fact all of my mates will be at Stormzy (who I do really like as well) and we have a genuine dilemma! 

Head says Stormzy and heart says The National because, well, it's The National at Glastonbury! 

Help me out good people! 

I'm feeling a bit like this but with Radiohead and Dizzee Rascal. I love Radiohead, they've long been a favourite of mine, always buy their albums as soon as they come etc, but I've seen them four times now, plus they're playing for so long, do I want to spend my entire Friday night feeling abstract and melancholic, or do I want to go with my mates to what will definitely be a huge party on the WH? Luckily given the length of Radiohead's set I can watch 45 min and then make my way to DR so that we can all get drunk and bounce around to Bonkers. 

Perhaps make a plan to stand to the right or left of the a Pyramid and give yourself a 45 session of National, then b-line it to other? Shouldn't be that busy in between the stages if both are already started. Then you'd have 45 min of both

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

7 minutes ago, lebenski said:

Radiohead vs Flaming Lips is a ridiculous clash.  Going to cut the Lips audience down by at least half.. perhaps that's why they decided they could fit the audience in at the park.

More space for balloons and dancing

19 hours ago, nikkic said:

Help me out good people! 

The National. Stormzy will be everywhere for the next few years at least and will probably be back at Glasto in two years. We've been waiting ages for The National to come back and it's going to be beautiful.

I was really looking forward to Stormzy but I've sacked him off entirely now in favour of seeing full sets from The National and FJM.

I really wanted to catch Cassette Boy vs DJR this year, I know they're there every year but I've not seen them before and who knows about two years time.  But...

Glade to JP in 15 minutes for the start of King Giz - maybe the site is a bit quieter and easier to navigate Sunday lunchtime (aside from bumping into a lot of Sunday-only people), but I'm going to have to miss the start of one or end of the other

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I really wanted to catch Cassette Boy vs DJR this year, I know they're there every year but I've not seen them before and who knows about two years time.  But...

Glade to JP in 15 minutes for the start of King Giz - maybe the site is a bit quieter and easier to navigate Sunday lunchtime (aside from bumping into a lot of Sunday-only people), but I'm going to have to miss the start of one or end of the other

Get there early if you do go to CB v DJR.  It'll be very busy.

On 5/30/2017 at 10:28 AM, mjsell said:

Toots vs RTJ vs Loyle Carner is a fucking travesty.

This... Really wanted to see all 3 of these. Think I'm going to go for Toots though as they are literally 1 of 3 acts that are must see for the hubby. 

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The National. Stormzy will be everywhere for the next few years at least and will probably be back at Glasto in two years. We've been waiting ages for The National to come back and it's going to be beautiful.

I was really looking forward to Stormzy but I've sacked him off entirely now in favour of seeing full sets from The National and FJM.

I think this is the right thing to do. I'll be alone, but fuck it, it's The National!

As a bonus I'll have time to get to Joe Goddard at The Park as well. 

3 minutes ago, MrMac said:

Get there early if you do go to CB v DJR.  It'll be very busy.

Hmm, reading @The Nal's thoughts on a different thread - I really want to see King Giz, so I probably wouldn't get much out of CB v DJR if I'm looking at my watch.  Hopefully the right choice, but I'll probably get to JP in time for a decent spot - or make a hash of it on the day.

1 minute ago, AbiC said:

This... Really wanted to see all 3 of these. Think I'm going to go for Toots though as they are literally 1 of 3 acts that are must see for the hubby. 

Looking likely I am doing the reverse. Starting at RTJ - hoping they continue with their outrageous start to their sets and then scoot off to Loyle Carner halfway through. Then after Carner, catch a bit of Katy Perry on the way back.