Hara Krishna Tent

marathonsteve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have no idea where it is, but I was in last year and had to leave hastily as I was tripping and beginning to freak out due to the same chanting, over and over and over and over again.....Same again this year I reckon. 

Lovely bunch, nice chairs, chant is relaxing, food is good. Have always left a decent tip as they've helped out loads of people over the years with their free food. 

Not the sort of place you can just stop for 5 minutes. To really appreciate it, have to stay for a bit. 

6 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Genuine questions : What is it all about? Does the donation you pay go towards the food they make, or something else towards the religion? Does it not seem bizarre that Glastonbury has a tent for a religion?

Not really. Considering there's a church as well.

7 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Genuine questions : What is it all about? Does the donation you pay go towards the food they make, or something else towards the religion? Does it not seem bizarre that Glastonbury has a tent for a religion?

There's a few 'religious' tents around if you look hard enough :)

Cater for all :)

Placid Casual, 

I would say tasty rather than spicy. Sunday morning I like a few hours solo time just to wander and get back on track so last year I went to the leftfield for Jeremy Corbyn and it was cancelled so I popped into the Krishna Tent for an hour just to chill. Had my first free meal and left there feeling humbled and with a smile on my face. The food was nice and a genuinely  a lovely experience. One which I will be repeating this year as it set me up well for our Sunday afternoon Guinness session in the Acoustic field. 

• 4 weeks later...

That's quite a change of location. The previous location was excellent and fitted in well with the surrounding stages. I would have thought silver Hayes is a lot louder and far to hectic.

Doesn't seem like a great idea moving it

1 minute ago, Untz said:

Well they do like a dance too. I've had a dance with them when they've been on a walkabout at the festival. It was more running in a circle, but still.

Yep, I reckon the HK will be well up for this new venue - not sure how the meditative side of things will work, but how did they ever?

I don't like this change :(

The chanting is just going to get drowned out by thumping bass and Silver Hayes just doesn't feel the right place. If they had to move, shame they couldn't go where Fluffy Rock cafe was or be found a home in the Avalon area.