People using other peoples tickets

Ollie9917

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caveat emptor - if the mate that looks like them is willing to take the chance and pay up front, then game on. If not your friend who might be "away" somewhere more important than Glastonbury (I can only assume at her majesties pleasure) should get a refund or a priority readjustment  while there is still time and suck up the transaction charge (£20?)

My photo was 4 years old one year. In that time I'd gone from short hair and smooth chin to shoulder length mane and full feral beard. Needed to show other ID as they didn't believe it was me at all. Updated that photo after the scare 

As others have said, it really does depend. I've just had them give a cursory glance over my photo and myself, and and been given long hard stares (Paddington style!) between my face and the ticket.

In 2015 a guy in the aisle next to me was having the steward obviously querying the likeness. When I turned round after getting the wristband there were 3 of them all staring intently at this guy and his photo. No idea whether he got in, but they certainly weren't taking it lightly.

One year a guy in front of me just pulled out a wad of notes, must have been 300 odd quid there and said "Let us in will you mate?". 

The guy working there just laughed at him. 

No real relevance to the OP but it just popped into my head!

Your friend could always cake himself in glitter and facepaint or that could make them more likely to scrutinise the picture, I suppose. 

Some lad last year was wondering around on our way in asking us and others if we knew any alternative way to get in as he had tried with a mates ticket and been turned away from Gate A. Ticket was conviscated too. Poor chap.

5 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Your friend could always cake himself in glitter and facepaint or that could make them more likely to scrutinise the picture, I suppose.

As you say it's probably equally likely to attract attention as to provide a workable disguise. Just like without the facepaint it depends how closely the steward is scrutinising the photo. Fancy Dress / facepaint / etc is something that's specifically mentioned in the stewards briefing to watch out for, and while I've never personally seen it happen apparently wet wipes etc are available at gates if they need to get people to clean up.

I have however had to assist multiple people wearing onesies / full bodysuits etc get halfway undressed so I can see their wristband - so please - anyone planning something along those lines make sure you create the outfit with that in mind.

23 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Is it worth having a back up, maybe take the ticket owner's driving licence photo ID if he has one, so if questioned do a double bluff and say yes the photo isn't great but here's my ID too....

Not a bad idea. A bank card might be even better as there's no photo. It's hardly definitive ID but even the cops will accept them as evidence of identity.

In 2009 there was a man in front of me dressed completely normal but with a long blonde wig on. He presented a woman's ticket and proceeded with the little britain 'I'm a lady!' sketch, the security guy laughed so hard and just said 'fair play mate, have a great weekend', and in he went.

I'd never had my ticket more than glanced at each year until 2014 when they seemed much stricter and were asking for ID from everyone. That year i also had my wristband checked multiple times within the festival from security guards roving the campsites. Has this trend continued for the last few years? Seemed pretty full on compared to previous years...

16 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

So my friends have very stupidly bought a fucking ticket and then realized they actually may be away (who does that?)

we have a friend who looks kind of similar what are the chances of them getting away with it?

thanks xx

I don't get this. How can your 'friends' have 'very stupidly bought a fucking ticket' and then discovered that 'they' may well be away. How many people bought this single ticket? Surely anyone in this position would write that 'my friend HAS very stupidly....' etc and that HE/SHE actually might be away. 

On the understanding that I may be being pedantic (I don't know if I am or not), then I would ask you how desperate is your other friend (how many friends have you got you greedy bastard?) to go to the festival?  If they are very desperate then it's got to be worth a shot, but only if they are prepared for it to not turn out the way that they want. Otherwise, it's just a case of turning up with the ticket and giving it a go. To the best of my knowledge they don't behead you if you are caught out trying. They don't even arrest you. In fact, they do bugger all, except tell you, politely, to fuck off. 

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
Because I'm a clown.

Fill your wallet with as many bank cards, tesco club cards, Ikea cards etc with the name that matches the ticket and hand that over and say sorry it's an old photo on the ticket I'll update it for next time..

Your friend would have to weigh up guaranteed refund before the 5th may vs the risk they'd turn your other friend away at the gates. I always have my ticket checked pretty hotly (I've changed the picture now) and they have asked for other ID and to confirm details etc. I've seen them make people go to the box office too when they aren't convinced. It's a huge risk. Personally I don't think I'd take it as I couldn't deal with going all the way there to be turned away at the gates!!