People using other peoples tickets

Ollie9917

In 2010 I had a ticket and had been in out the site a bit as staying in the campervan area. 

My wrist band was lose but not enough to get off, I got stoped ID check and taken to a security tent asked questions about my tickets when I bought them who was lead booker and who elese had got tickets in That transaction. And my address. Shit my self!! 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/04/2017 at 10:14 PM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Year on year, they do seem to be getting stricter. 

I got huckled on the way *out* last time, shades off, hat off, inspecting my face.  I look exactly like my photo.  The photo is a year old and my hair is the same.  So then she tugged at my wristband and decreed it was too loose and that I should enter via the 'first entry' gate on my way back to have it replaced and be inspected all over again.  I smiled shrugged and went straight to the banding tent cos it was right there.  "No! Join the queue on the way back in!".  Hahaha.  NO EFFING CHANCE.  Chap at banding tent was incredulous when I told him I was ordered to get a new band.  I had to insist he replace it cos I didn't want further hassle if I ran onto that girl (who I helpfully pointed out) again.  Who wants to try to pack their bags again after being turned out for a 'random' search cos someone's mumpy?  So he reported the over-zealous checking to his supervisor. They have to account for any replaced wristbands and it's a pain apparently and there was nothing actually wrong with mine.  I think chicky had been having a right wee power trip to herself. 

Supportive as I am of the Oxfam staff I did find a few over zealous ones when I worked with them. They even policed the queue for tea in the Oxfam tent and marked it out with chairs. Just think how dangerous they would be if they exercised their little bit of power in the real world.

Edited by Pink_Tequila

Last year, for the first time, crew were advised that all crew ticket holders should carry ID.

Turned out that no crew I know (now that is rather a lot) were asked for ID. Many people that run a crew tend to submit 'gender free' names when filling in the forms. Names such as Alex, Jo, Chris and Frankie. That means that when recruiting , any gender can be given any ticket.

Looks like that is still the case.

Should anyone on here be offered a crew ticket for a few quid (yes, this does happen), don't stress about your name being on the ticket. 

Crew tickets still do not have photos on them.

(Not entirely relevant to this thread, but may be of use to someone)

19 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Last year, for the first time, crew were advised that all crew ticket holders should carry ID.

Turned out that no crew I know (now that is rather a lot) were asked for ID. Many people that run a crew tend to submit 'gender free' names when filling in the forms. Names such as Alex, Jo, Chris and Frankie. That means that when recruiting , any gender can be given any ticket.

Should anyone on here be offered a crew ticket for a few quid (yes, this does happen), don't stress about your name being on the ticket. 

I'll take whoever sells those crew tickets up on that offer. I'll even throw in a twix

19 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I do know people that were ID'd last year for a crew ticket (when I went to get my hospitality one they were insisting people had ID) so I wouldn't say it's 100% the case. 

3 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

I do know people that were ID'd last year for a crew ticket (when I went to get my hospitality one they were insisting people had ID) so I wouldn't say it's 100% the case. 

Last year I had Green Field, SL and T&C crew tickets. No ID required for any of them. Hospitality tickets may be another kettle of fish. 

Many people who run crews don't know exactly who will be on their crew at the time when names have to be submitted and workers could drop out for whatever reason.