2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Glastonbury will not book The 1975 to headline on the 2nd year of touring a new album, it's happened before with Muse once which was the only one I believe but I'd be fairly sure this won't.

The difference in size of Foals to The 1975, Biffy at their peak and even The Libertines reunion is massive......likely no comparison in the slightest. One headline Reading again, their own day is Scotland, one have just got their and got a huge tour sold....another played bloody Citadel the year after which is very much a step down.

foals co headlined reading 2 years ago and it was busier than when biffy headlined the same year. i love both bands, if their next album is good foals could headline glasto on their nxt tour i think

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I suspect the Foals ship has sailed now.

Their sub slot a couple of years back didn't exactly scream "headliner material".

it's hit or miss, i think they defo could.  A lot may depend on who is around that year to headline. i thought the sub slot was good was gutted for them when the sound cut out tho

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

Remember speaking to a work colleague after one festival years ago and he tells this story of how he was standing next to a guy with an army bag (or cap, can't remember) on and he got talking to him. He asks where he got the bag from and this guy says from a film he's been working on. 

Turned out to be from American Sniper. By all accounts he's there as a punter and my colleague said he was lovely.

Would love to see Gaga playing with a performance of Shallows, reckon it'd be a huge moment.

Just found out that Jason Isbell has turned in one of the soundtrack songs - will check it out.

1 hour ago, Honeybane said:

foals co headlined reading 2 years ago and it was busier than when biffy headlined the same year. i love both bands, if their next album is good foals could headline glasto on their nxt tour i think

You know that was the 2nd time Biffy had done it?, they already sold it out 3 years before that.

Regardless of the fact I dislike them....they will not get a Glastonbury headline slot....there are others streets ahead in line.

4 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Fri AM/1975

Sat Macca

Sun Cure ??

just doesn’t sit right, Cure on Friday seemed obviously the right fixture.

And of course it was for Werchter!

Yeah, much as I like the cure I wouldn't have them down to close the festival. Saturday not out the question I suppose, it's only Belgium. Easy enough to get back here.