Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Are you saying the Express front page is wrong :D

I havent seen it but i'm going to stick my neck out there and says yes the Express is very wrong

Been reading these threads and feel its not optimistic enough right now!! 

The ECM models are far more positive than the current GFS  .  As time goes on even the Met Office seem to be falling into the ECM camp too and GFS is buckling and improving as the hours go on.  Someone up above is linking info on less favourable GFS models done several days ago...

And what is the ECM model saying?  Well, fine and warm of course.  Keep the faith people, all to play for! 

Edited by Mojo69
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This evening's GFS model is also much more positive than this mornings. Friday's heavy rain has gone. They now forecast only the tiniest bit of rain on Saturday night / Sunday morning (but less than 1mm). Temperatures in the low 20's. The high pressure doesn't properly break down until the Tuesday after the festival. Based on this run, it will be glorious.

12 minutes ago, edgy85 said:

This evening's GFS model is also much more positive than this mornings. Friday's heavy rain has gone. They now forecast only the tiniest bit of rain on Saturday night / Sunday morning (but less than 1mm). Temperatures in the low 20's. The high pressure doesn't properly break down until the Tuesday after the festival. Based on this run, it will be glorious.

meryl.w710.h473.2x.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can't remember any glasto I haven't warn wellies since 2010,. I just realised how great that would be. Not least because I am fatter, uglier and infinitely less fit these days so could do without the struggle of wading through clay mud, and worse still getting those bastard wellies off at 3 in the morning in the pitch black, off my head. Many a time have I nearly given up getting those claggy bastards off and slept in my wellies, but I have always managed it so far. 

Just now, dingbat2 said:

I can't remember any glasto I haven't warn wellies since 2010,. I just realised how great that would be. Not least because I am fatter, uglier and infinitely less fit these days so could do without the struggle of wading through clay mud, and worse still getting those bastard wellies off at 3 in the morning in the pitch black, off my head. Many a time have I nearly given up getting those claggy bastards off and slept in my wellies, but I have always managed it so far. 

...  And not forgetting getting off the dry mud globules from my hairy (fat) legs. I swear that's more painful than child birth

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

the year before last I just lay in the doorway of my tent with my feet sticking out rather than face taking off my boots. Was meant to be just for 5 minutes until i gathered the strength and will to do it but it turned in to about 3 hours. To be fair it was about 6 in the morning after a slog from se corner to bushy ground.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Sunday 25 June
The forecast indicates that the festival’s final day will be akin to Saturday which means one thing, or two simple words: NO RADIN!

Great news! I fucking hate RADIN!

Another utterly insane forecast from a dangerous lunatic.

No fucking RADIN!, no fucking compromise. 

Shit, yeah, just noticed that I'm linking to a bit of a nutter. Might have to give MI6 a call with the intel

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yeah and that reckons it's on a knifes edge but warmer and mostly dry if it stays the same. Let's hope it stays dry! 

He's just building the tension for Thursday's update. That's all he's doing.