Rhythm of the 90's (90's dance covers with full live band)

Justiceforcedave

38 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Missed The Smyths last three years, on too early after Wednesday's session, but caught them at Shiiine On Weekender in November and they were fantastic. A must see now for me. Thursday is basically retro day.

Must have been a hardcore Wednesday - they were on at 7 last year!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hehehe. I'm fucking right though, eh? 2017 and that's the Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts. Some sort of fake nostalgia bullshit. Covers bands, creatively bankrupt gravefuckers. Modern day Burke and Hares the lot of 'em

Bollocks! You'll be leaning back with eyes raised to heaven doing the double finger pointy dance into the air for Rhythm is a Dancer.

Followed by the Mardy shuffle

giphy.gif 

I've only been to two Glastonburys (the last two) but I'd say each time Thursday has been the best most enjoyable night of the weekend. The mega acts are all very well, but you can't really beat getting pissed with your mates with fun stuff like this to wander about and watch.

I guess being relatively fresh, excited and having no expectations also helps the Thursday be as fun as it is.

On 10/03/2017 at 0:09 PM, The Nal said:

Spoiled rotten then between this lot, Guilty Pleasures, The Smyths, Baggy Mondays etc.

Thursday is turning into a clash fuck fest. 

Not forgetting Wheel Of Four Tunes on the Thursday night too. 

Ultimate Power followed by Wheel Of Four Tunes on Thursday at Glasto is always our favourite day of the weekend. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

So a Guilty Pleasures type thing? They lost me at Dancing Queen. 

Actually there's a bit more to it then that. They have a big wheel featuring loads of different genres, cheese, hip hop, 90's , Metal, country, etc etc. They spin the wheel and whatever it lands on they play 4 songs from that genre, remove it from the wheel, replace it with a different genre, spin the wheel and repeat!

I went last year, it was quite good fun.

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Actually there's a bit more to it then that. They have a big wheel featuring loads of different genres, cheese, hip hop, 90's , Metal, country, etc etc. They spin the wheel and whatever it lands on they play 4 songs from that genre, remove it from the wheel, replace it with a different genre, spin the wheel and repeat!

I went last year, it was quite good fun.

Oh sounds good, may have to partake. 

• 3 weeks later...