Liam Gallagher

plaskins

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I quite like Liam Gallagher. I know someone who was in Oasis for a while and he said Liam is sound while Noel is not sound. Tony McCarroll says pretty much the same in his book. Noel comes across as a bully. Just look at his interviews. He knows exactly who to pick on. Hot Chip, Ellie Goulding and Ed Sheeran don't strike me as the type of people who would threaten to give Noel a good hiding.

Am I shocked Liam gave the bar worker a hard time? Well not particularly and it is not behaviour I would condone. Yet regardless I still prefer Liam to Noel. Noel comes across as untrustworthy and that is a far worse trait than being a bit gobby.

Its telling that the rest of Oasis stuck with Liam to play in Beady Eye. The Supersonic film showed Noel to be not quite the funny charming chap most assume him to be. I can imagine Liam got pretty sick of being constantly reminded who wrote all the tunes ... 

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Its telling that the rest of Oasis stuck with Liam to play in Beady Eye. The Supersonic film showed Noel to be not quite the funny charming chap most assume him to be. I can imagine Liam got pretty sick of being constantly reminded who wrote all the tunes ... 

Since Noel quit the band I'm not sure the rest of them had much of a choice. I think Liam is probably more charming (but perhaps more volatile as well) and more intelligent than many give him credit for based on the success of his clothing label and all that. 

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

Since Noel quit the band I'm not sure the rest of them had much of a choice. I think Liam is probably more charming (but perhaps more volatile as well) and more intelligent than many give him credit for based on the success of his clothing label and all that. 

Yeah, it does make me smile when people slag him off as a failure post-Oasis, ignoring his clothing business.

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

Higher IQ than Vorderman, apparently ;)

http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/who-has-the-highest-iq-between-liam-gallagher-out-of-the-band-oasis-and-carol-vorderman-off-count-down/2246732

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

The clothes are laughably terrible :lol: one of my patients dropped £350 on this hideous jacket and literally will not ever take it off. He looks like a tube of colmans mustard :lol:

What hyperbolic nonsense!  It's a great brand with loads of smarter stuff. And yes some mustard coloured stuff at the edges perhaps! 

It's all subjective, of course it is. And I'm by no means imaginable any kind of style icon. But terrible mod crap, paisley abortions and ridiculously expensive clothes really don't make a clothing label. 

This is without even even delving into the insane notion of clothes somehow being worth hundreds of times their actual manufacturing costs just because of a particular name stitched into them . . . fashion is fundamentally a massive pile of balls. 

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

do you mean that successful clothing business that reported an operating loss of £111k and a net loss of £875k in its most recent set of accounts?

Ha, a new low for russy, desperately poking into the Pretty Green accounts (revenues up 31%, some significant one time costs in the year) to make a point on a potential Glasto booking!

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It's all subjective, of course it is. And I'm by no means imaginable any kind of style icon. But terrible mod crap, paisley abortions and ridiculously expensive clothes really don't make a clothing label. 

This is without even even delving into the insane notion of clothes somehow being worth hundreds of times their actual manufacturing costs just because of a particular name stitched into them . . . fashion is fundamentally a massive pile of balls. 

There was a gap in the market for mod crap and paisley abortions and Pretty Green saw it and exploited it!  Albeit I would say the quality is miles better than high street stuff.  I love it.