Legends Slot

TunaBaby

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 2:53 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Could The Fog have blotted his copybook with overrunning in 2007 though? Wasn't there a story about his entourage holding back stagehands who were trying to stop him going back on for an encore or something?

Exactly that yeah. And it seemed to completely screw up Rodrigo y Gabrielas set somehow. Sound was off, they played a really short gig too as a result. 

If anything though, Glasto blotted their copy book and not the other way around. At least thats how J-Fog would see it I'm sure. 

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Will have to get our baby love from Mary Wilson now. The Ronnie Spector slot at the Park?

That was a resounding success but is she well known enough to do it? Without "....of The Supremes" beside her name. 

Her setlists seem medley free though which is a win.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mary-wilson/2015/andy-williams-moon-river-theatre-branson-mo-53f40369.html

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Exactly that yeah. And it seemed to completely screw up Rodrigo y Gabrielas set somehow. Sound was off, they played a really short gig too as a result. 

If anything though, Glasto blotted their copy book and not the other way around. At least thats how J-Fog would see it I'm sure. 

Ugh. Ludicrous booking, Rod y Gab closing after Foggers. What was West Holts thinking, sending J-Fog on that early?

Got a feeling that due to the lack of announcement it's gonna be Chic in that spot (no announcement 'cause they already played a couple of years ago so it's not the big deal that the previous Sunday Legends were). Guess same could be said for #Rightbazza due to him being there in some capacity last year, mind...

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Got a feeling that due to the lack of announcement it's gonna be Chic in that spot (no announcement 'cause they already played a couple of years ago so it's not the big deal that the previous Sunday Legends were). Guess same could be said for #Rightbazza due to him being there in some capacity last year, mind...

Lack of an announcement *yet*......

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ugh. Ludicrous booking, Rod y Gab closing after Foggers. What was West Holts thinking, sending J-Fog on that early?

I'm pretty sure I've read the reason he was on that early, and on that stage in the first place even, was that essentially Michael was able to book him very late on, after the stage lineups had already been set, slots promised, etc so it was just a case of finding wherever was left that didn't break the existing plans/contracts.

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

That was a resounding success but is she well known enough to do it? Without "....of The Supremes" beside her name. 

Her setlists seem medley free though which is a win.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mary-wilson/2015/andy-williams-moon-river-theatre-branson-mo-53f40369.html

I wouldn't have said so.  Martha Reeves is probably the more likely of the two....

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah they won't have Chic playing Sunday teatime if they've got Barry on the same bill the same day.

If there is any logic to it then I think Jeff, Dolly and Lionel announcements all came at a time where it would've shone a spotlight on their upcoming UK tour, whereas Gibb has nowt to sell. Bazza showing his face during Coldplay doesn't make it any less of a booking - especially as all the disco heads woulda been at West Holts.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm pretty sure I've read the reason he was on that early, and on that stage in the first place even, was that essentially Michael was able to book him very late on, after the stage lineups had already been set, slots promised, etc so it was just a case of finding wherever was left that didn't break the existing plans/contracts.

I see. That's a canny piece of business then.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah they won't have Chic playing Sunday teatime if they've got Barry on the same bill the same day.

If there is any logic to it then I think Jeff, Dolly and Lionel announcements all came at a time where it would've shone a spotlight on their upcoming UK tour, whereas Gibb has nowt to sell. Bazza showing his face during Coldplay doesn't make it any less of a booking - especially as all the disco heads woulda been at West Holts.

That almost sounds like there is some sort of patter and we all know #thereisnopattern

#AHTT

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wouldn't have said so.  Martha Reeves is probably the more likely of the two....

She'll have to do 3 in a row then. Playing Portsmouth on the Friday with Mary Wilson and Sunday Night at the Palladium too. 

Actually shes doing a Henry Kelly in August so 3 is no bother to her. At aged 75. What a road warrior!

Edited by The Nal