The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, baggienick68 said:

If I'm not away I'm happy to help Yog. My wife suffers with bi-polar disorder so I understand where you are coming from. Not sure how this would work in practice though.

Nick

Hello Nick.

Thanks very much for the offer of help. I'll get back in touch closer to the re-sale dates. I'll work out the logistics of it before then and let you know how to play it.

Thanks once again. :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone offering to help us ticketless out, it is very much appreciated, it's the first year ever I've not been able to help others in the April resale as always had my own ticket at this point, so I'm quietly confident that we WILL get there, all of us - having previously been successful for others in the April and not so secret resales over the past 3 years or so.

I managed to get 2 camper van tickets today for friends who have already got their GA tickets, it's a sign for April.....

Keep the faith.

Does anybody have a link to any of the info and advice on how to set up text alerts to your phone if there are changes on the ticket booking page i.e. secret resales? 3 out of 4 of our groups were lucky this year so im making it my mission to ensure the 4th group get over the line! Any help would be most appreciated guys.

Edited by Familiar2billions

"if you want to monitor the ticket page and get a text alert as well as an email when the page changes, you can use http://www.checkpage.co.uk

There's a charge because the texts aren't free, and any profits are used to help fund efestivals."

Neil has just posted this on 'Worthy View' - I think some people had success with it in the 'secrets' last year 

2 hours ago, tjamest said:

"if you want to monitor the ticket page and get a text alert as well as an email when the page changes, you can use http://www.checkpage.co.uk

There's a charge because the texts aren't free, and any profits are used to help fund efestivals."

Neil has just posted this on 'Worthy View' - I think some people had success with it in the 'secrets' last year 

It was brilliant last year. I can;t remember how to set it up but I'm off to set it up for the campervan tickets - you never know it may just work

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:53 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

More than happy to help out with the resale for you both.  You're one of the poster's I've always enjoyed reading on here, so would be rude of me not to offer.

If you need someone to vouch for me, although Neil and I have never met, we have a mutual friend, who could confirm my trustworthiness.

Edited by Greenelk

2 hours ago, Greenelk said:

More than happy to help out with the resale for you both.  You're one of the poster's I've always enjoyed reading on here, so would be rude of me not to offer.

If you need someone to vouch for me, although Neil and I have never met, we have a mutual friend, who could confirm my trustworthiness.

That's fab news Greenelk. Really really appreciated big time. No need for any vouching as I can see that you've been around these parts for quite some time, and I also recognise your name. I'll get in touch closer to the resale dates.

Oh, and I'm glad that some of my posts have made for entertaining reading for you. That's cheered me up no end. :)

We're on the road to being lucky as I think I've now got a CV East ticket thanks to the magnificent Mooro.  However we will still need four main festival tickets, so any help in the resales will be appreciated.  If you are also going to be in CV East you will be welcome to join us for Drewstrat's famous Tuesday night veggie curry that will guarantee to keep you regular for the rest of the festival.

So. This thread. I veer between extremes. I really tried hard to stay off efests, cos i haven't got a ticket, so i really can't/shouldn't get excited, but it's not so easy. I keep popping my head into the site, and then.. wallop

33 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

We're on the road to being lucky as I think I've now got a CV East ticket thanks to the magnificent Mooro.  However we will still need four main festival tickets, so any help in the resales will be appreciated.  If you are also going to be in CV East you will be welcome to join us for Drewstrat's famous Tuesday night veggie curry that will guarantee to keep you regular for the rest of the festival.

I can rustle up a few helpers for you, especially with a curry in the offing...

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

So. This thread. I veer between extremes. I really tried hard to stay off efests, cos i haven't got a ticket, so i really can't/shouldn't get excited, but it's not so easy. I keep popping my head into the site, and then.. wallop

Hope you're planning to go for the resale. I was in the same boat as you 12 months ago, you did offer to help me so I will certainly reciprocate 

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hope you're planning to go for the resale. I was in the same boat as you 12 months ago, you did offer to help me so I will certainly reciprocate 

Thanks man, much appreciated

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:53 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that me and my wife weren't going to go to Glastonbury next year - well that's no longer the case. Once my wife heard that Radiohead are playing she now wants to go to see them at all costs. She first heard the band when she was locked up in a psychiatric unit after having made a serious attempt at taking her own life. While in there here brother visited and gave her a cd of the band. She listened to it over and over and over again, and it got her out of the dark place where she was in.

I'd love for her to see the band live at Glastonbury, so any offers of help come the resales would be beyond fantastic. I, for one, would be eternally grateful as I'd love to make this experience come true for her.

Forgive me if you see this posted elsewhere, but I've just got to make this happen.

Hi Yog.

definitely count me in to give you a hand on the day, particularly after your very kind offer of help at the last minute on T day.

@mardy Also happy to add you to my group, been reading your posts since I joined for Glastonbury 2015.

Two more spaces available for anyone that wants them. preferably lurkers and long time posters for obvious reasons :)

cheers,

CTO

If I get to Glastonbury this year (I know it's next year but you know what I mean) it will be very special for me because I appreciate that it wouldn't be possible but for all the kind help of so many generous EFesters.

They say that Glastonbury restores you faith in human nature.  Certainly Efests does that.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can rustle up a few helpers for you, especially with a curry in the offing...

And there will be a few beers and ciders to help wash it down.  Promises to be a great night of celebration.

1 hour ago, CTO said:

Hi Yog.

definitely count me in to give you a hand on the day, particularly after your very kind offer of help at the last minute on T day.

@mardy Also happy to add you to my group, been reading your posts since I joined for Glastonbury 2015.

Two more spaces available for anyone that wants them. preferably lurkers and long time posters for obvious reasons :)

cheers,

CTO

That's great news CTO. Very much appreciated. I'll get in touch closer to the resales date. :)

2 hours ago, Jobseeker said:

Building up quite the army of F5ers Yog! ;)

I think between us there is no way you won't be going. 

There does indeed seem to be quite the army of F5'ers. I found out at the weekend that one of my wife's brothers may want help for him and his son for next year. If so, I could tie it up in one package = if people were willing to go along this road. If he decides not to bother then it means that potentially there are two spaces left if somebody gets through for me and my wife. As it would be criminal to get through to the booking page and only book me and my wife's ticket when there's many an efester needs help, then it's going to take some logistical sorting out as to how to go about it. Fortunately carlosj off efests has said that he will assist with this should the occassion arise (I'm not sure that my head could cope with the logistics).  :)

19 hours ago, tjamest said:

Thanks for that, setting it up gives me a nice distraction from work today ;)

Edited by Familiar2billions

19 hours ago, tjamest said:

yep, loads of peeps got tickets via that in the secret sale. :)

Unfortunately the Take That sale this morning has sent the system alert crazy, so i've turned it off while I write a trap for the error the page is giving at time today.

And credits will be refunded for those who are currently signed up.