The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Just a reminder, closing off the form tonight. So if you want in get in before 11PM or so tonight!

New details : Add here.

Any updates : Here

2 groups done :P Will try and do other groups but in the end its down to everyone on here if you want to be grouped with certain people. Just grouping by those close to eachother and then those wanting same day/location departure for coach day. Groups will change slightly after coach day if people didnt get tickets and are trying in the general sale. But they can group with others who didnt get coach tickets also.

Will group all those looking for tickets first then add volunteers to each group then, or allow volunteers to pick their group after the groups have agreed.

Keep in mind you'll need to figure out how the payment is going to work with your group and with any volunteers.

Top work and much appreciated.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so coach resale day is 2 tickets per transaction.

The coach package sale on 14th April will be limited to 2 tickets per transaction, to reflect the limited number of seats available per coach. Again, you will need the registration number for each ticket you are booking

Those who have more than 2 in their group and are looking to get coach tickets please let me know what way you want this divided. If you have 3, do you want want 1 of your group to go in with someone else for the coach sale? But of course this mean that one in your group could get tickets and the other 2 miss out. Anyway, let me know!

Edited by chrismcb

Also, this might affect things..

Tickets bought in the resale must be paid for in full, by debit card if your lead booker has a UK registration, or by credit card if your lead booker has an international registration. Please note, UK buyers cannot pay with a credit card.

Edited by chrismcb

Ok so pre-paid credit cards arent an option anymore as UK residents must use debit cards. This means that people would likely end up giving other people their debit card details which I wouldn't advise! The safest method is probably people paying on their own cards, but that obviously means that if you are in a group of 4 you will need to have that amount of cash in your account. If you couldnt afford 4 then maybe go into a smaller group? Same applies for volunteers, maybe volunteers could try for individuals and pay on their own card with money transferred to the person who paid asap after purchase. I realise that some people may want to take the risk of giving others their details and I cant stop that but its a risk!

Whats everyones opinion?

People can create their own groups and decide on who and how many they want in the group and let me know. I dont know who knows/has met eachother on here so some may want to be grouped together. I'll update the sheets when people let me know.

On 11/11/2016 at 5:12 PM, chrismcb said:

Also, this might affect things..

Is this from the T&C's for 2016 resale or 2017? This Octobers sale was the 1st time credit cards have been accepted in the UK for tickets. I would be very surprised if they weren't also accepted in the resale.Drop them an email to find out, might save a lot of work!  :)  

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Is this from the T&C's for 2016 resale or 2017? This Octobers sale was the 1st time credit cards have been accepted in the UK for tickets. I would be very surprised if they weren't also accepted in the resale.Drop them an email to find out, might save a lot of work!  :)  

Ah good point. If you were allowed credit cards in the main sale it's unlikely they'd not allow them in resale. Must have been last years info. 

13 hours ago, chrismcb said:

Ok so pre-paid credit cards arent an option anymore as UK residents must use debit cards. This means that people would likely end up giving other people their debit card details which I wouldn't advise! The safest method is probably people paying on their own cards, but that obviously means that if you are in a group of 4 you will need to have that amount of cash in your account. If you couldnt afford 4 then maybe go into a smaller group? Same applies for volunteers, maybe volunteers could try for individuals and pay on their own card with money transferred to the person who paid asap after purchase. I realise that some people may want to take the risk of giving others their details and I cant stop that but its a risk!

Whats everyones opinion?

People can create their own groups and decide on who and how many they want in the group and let me know. I dont know who knows/has met eachother on here so some may want to be grouped together. I'll update the sheets when people let me know.

I'm happy to send money to whoever via internet bank transfer if they get lucky with tickets. And of course I would buy them a vast quantity of beer/cider at the festival itself as a thank you. ... it's only fair!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:53 PM, marcoolio said:

I've added my details as a volunteer. However, similar to what others have mentioned, I'm not sure how this will work since I do not expect to have the funds available to pay for four tickets.

Whenever I've been buying for groups, 1 person in each group has been the lead booker for the delivery, and has provided the card details (long number, date of expiry and CVV number from the back) by text, facebook message or whatever.  You'll need to discuss this with your group( s ) so you're all ok with sharing details beforehand.

Edit - where different people are grouped together, they need to be ok with 1 person paying, and then they transfer the money, but that's their thing to do, not you as volunteer.

Edited by carlosj

On 11/13/2016 at 8:15 AM, andyb66 said:

I'm happy to send money to whoever via internet bank transfer if they get lucky with tickets. And of course I would buy them a vast quantity of beer/cider at the festival itself as a thank you. ... it's only fair!

I third this.  And as well as copious quantities of smokes and drinks, there will be our famous Tuesday night curry on offer if you're in CV East.

well I just added myself as volunteer only for coach resale as my group of 4 will be trying for us in resale. My thought was to use my own credit card on the basis that if I manage to get tickets for someone they could do an immediate bank transfer and if the money didn't come through within a few hours I could cancel the sale. Do you think that would work? I'm sure it wouldn't come to that but just in case :-)

I'm not quite sure how I add myself to the unsuccessful list but there are four of us.  By dint of some jiggery-pokery I think I've got a CV East ticket thanks to another EFester but we will still need four festival tickets.

Apart from posting in this thread am I supposed to do anything else?

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

I'm not quite sure how I add myself to the unsuccessful list but there are four of us.  By dint of some jiggery-pokery I think I've got a CV East ticket thanks to another EFester but we will still need four festival tickets.

I think the spreadsheet was closed on Friday but i'm sure that they will allow you on

If leeway re: being added is being given then I'd appreciate the chance. Will be in Cuba during the resale, meaning whatever little chance we had is severely diminished. Also, it will likely be our last Glastonbury for some time as we'll be gone from the UK by 2018. Any help would be gratefully received.

13 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Send @chrismcb a message as he is the person running the spreadsheet, as you had already expressed your need for tickets in this thread hopefully all will be well! :)

Yoghurt is busy on his house move for a few weeks, so he may not be able to look at joining up with another 2 people for the general sale on this list, so he has a fixed list of 4 people. Does that need doing before February, or can it wait? (I was/am helping get this sorted for him). Cheers.

21 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Grumpyhack, if you are looking for help, I'm happy to try and give you a hand. 

If any volunteers have an idea of who they want to help, could they let me know. Once a group gets tickets people can help others but we need an idea of whos helping who to begin with. For others needing tickets looking to be grouped, you can let me know if you prefer to be group with certain efesters or if you have spoken with other efester about helping eachother, let me know also. Then after all this we can try and group the remaining!

Edited by chrismcb