DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

For Pukkelpop or a separate date?

I'd say Pukkelpop.

It says Hasselt on the video (just after Munich, which is on the 16th on the website) but nothing on their website!

edit: https://www.facebook.com/interpol/videos/10154904371388536/

http://interpolnyc.com/news/

Edited by Noeliam

4 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Should've taken a screenshot, but I can assure you that I saw it :) 

Someone has taken one on twitter. I believe you :-)

Good start anyway. They'll be playing the 17th or 18th.

Sub or Marquee headliner I'd have thought, depending on the strength of the line up.

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Someone has taken one on twitter. I believe you :-)

Good start anyway. They'll be playing the 17th or 18th.

Sub or Marquee headliner I'd have thought, depending on the strength of the line up.

;)

They'll be headlining the second biggest stage (a tent) at Sziget, if it's any indication!

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Names tomorrow possibly....

Or just one name? Wonder if it's someone who hasn't announced any dates yet and a few festivals will break the news together tomorrow?

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I know there's been times in the past when other August festivals have got the first scoop on a headliner well before PKP announced they were also playing. Perhaps they want to match the competition this year?

11 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Or just one name? Wonder if it's someone who hasn't announced any dates yet and a few festivals will break the news together tomorrow?

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I know there's been times in the past when other August festivals have got the first scoop on a headliner well before PKP announced they were also playing. Perhaps they want to match the competition this year?

Yeah I was thinking that, along the lines of Rihanna but with a better name and under better circumstances, i.e. not taking her due to 'security' issues.

Eminem would be the obvious one, or maybe Neil Young is finally honouring his cancellation.

Unless it's a couple of French Robots ;-)

11 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Probably just non-musical news though. I can't see Chokri's daughter getting the scoop on a high-profile announcement. From what I've heard she's just posting those teasing tweets to get attention from her peers...

Maybe Pukkelpop 2017 will be a 4 full days festival? Maybe they will annouce tomorrow that wednesday all stages will be opened? Just guessing...

11 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Probably just non-musical news though. I can't see Chokri's daughter getting the scoop on a high-profile announcement. From what I've heard she's just posting those teasing tweets to get attention from her peers...

That would make sense although she was tweeting similar things just before RIhanna got announced last year if I remember.

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Thinking about this a little more in depth it'd have to be either someone massive who's not on tour yet as you said or a European festival exclusive. Neil Young would fit the bill as would Eminem. Not many others would I don't think...Metallica would be the obvious metal contender or if they're going down the pop route again, Beyonce or Taylor Swift. Can't see them doing that though tbh. Theres always the golden oldies - the Stones being the most obvious as there have been rumours of a few festivals signing a massive deal with them.

Or it's just Snow Patrol.