Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

16-20th August

So looks like we can rule out Green Day who have been announced for Hurricane so will very likely play Rock Werchter. Can probably rule out Pearl Jam as well and probably the Foos.

Some big bands around next year and a few enormo-bands that have said they are open to doing festivals too. 

Radiohead, Coldplay, U2, The Strokes, Arcade Fire should all be contenders. There's always bands like Depeche Mode and the Cure as well of course and plenty of other potential headliners. Ed Sheeran can't be written off I suppose but can't see what more he'd bring to the table than he did in 2014.

I'm gonna take an early guess at Guns 'n' Roses who I think will play Leeds & Reading, Sziget and Pukkelpop although I do have a hunch towards Coldplay as well for some reason. They'd be a better 'fit' for Lowlands if they were to do the two festivals.

I'll predict...

Sam Smith / Depeche Mode / Disclosure

Kasabian / Guns N Roses / 2 Many DJ's

Vampire Weekend / Gorillaz / Stromae

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently Rob Da Bank has said that Gorillaz aren't doing festivals next year. Hard to believe but maybe they're concentrating on their own shows. Also some rumours of G'n'R doing a standalone TW Classic show.

So my updated predictions are....

Sam Smith / Depeche Mode / Disclosure

Kasabian / The Strokes / 2 Many DJ's

Vampire Weekend / Arcade Fire / Stromae

Also wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick and Royal Blood turn up at PP next year as well. The XX are around next year but I think they'll be at RW. Nowhere else for them to go apart from down on the billing at PP and can't see them headlining again.

On 10/1/2016 at 1:34 PM, Muppetmark said:

I wish i could be as optimistic for arcade fire and depeche mode

Both Depeche and Green Day have tour news in the next 8 days. Should give a lot away. If as stated on the RW thread its possibly Reading and Leeds then they are sure to headline Pukkelpop (could be a Hyde Park standalone show though). Perfect fit for the festival, more so than Depeche Mode, and should sell shit loads of tickets. You'd imagine that if this is the case that they'd play Sziget. Lowlands and possibly Frequency as well. The same could be said of a few bands though.

We shall see...

Edited by DiscothequeDave

17 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Both Depeche and Green Day have tour news in the next 8 days. Should give a lot away. If as stated on the RW thread its possibly Reading and Leeds then they are sure to headline Pukkelpop (could be a Hyde Park standalone show though). Perfect fit for the festival, more so than Depeche Mode, and should sell shit loads of tickets. You'd imagine that if this is the case that they'd play Sziget. Lowlands and possibly Frequency as well. The same could be said of a few bands though.

We shall see...

Green Day for BST, probably for Werchter then.
and Coldplay won't be there either.

• 2 weeks later...

:(

Can't go next year, family wedding. Therefore it's sure to be a doozy. I'll be enjoying the build up via this thread and streaming as much of the festival add I can whilst at home (and at the wedding if I can) I'll be bullying the DJ into dropping some Pukkelpop tunes at the wedding party for sure. 

Have a good one guys, see you in 2018. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Can't go next year, family wedding. Therefore it's sure to be a doozy. I'll be enjoying the build up via this thread and streaming as much of the festival add I can whilst at home (and at the wedding if I can) I'll be bullying the DJ into dropping some Pukkelpop tunes at the wedding party for sure. 

It'll be shit, honestly.

Going NOS instead?

On 18 ottobre 2016 at 9:13 PM, TheNewUnion said:

Time to go to Sziget! It may be too pop-oriented in the last 2 years, but the experience is unique! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's still hope then!!! Debated whether to get tickets for Epic 5.0 but didn't pull my finger out in time. Being realistic, think the Prydz ship has sailed past PKP - tbh I was surprised they booked him last year, especially as it was early evening rather than headliner. Still pissed off he didn't make it over though, bearing in mind he was alright to play Friday of V Fest which was less then 24 hours before his PKP set. Illness = hangover/cba.

Got absolutely no idea who will headline PKP17 and quite frankly I'm not that bothered. Quite confident the whole Rhianna debacle will mean there won't be anything similar again in the future, which can only be a good thing. Really hoping Dimension, LTJ Bukem, Andy C and Speedy J will play the Boiler but more hopeful of who might play the Castello and Booth if I'm honest. They were my two favourite stages last year so a solid bill on both in 2017 will be a winner in my book. Would love to see Maceo Plex, Eats Everything, Maya Jane Coles, Ellen Allien, Sasha and Patrick Topping but know whatever they put on will be decent and well worth a look.

Higfield Festival (in Germany - same Pukkelpop weekend) has just released its first batch of names:

Placebo | BillyTalent | CASPER | Alligatoah | Clueso | SDP | 257ers | DONOTS | Bosse | Frittenbude | RAF Camora & BonezMC187ers | SSIO | Turbostaat | OK KID| Antilopen Gang | Heisskalt | Rogers | Neonschwarz | SXTN

Placebo and Billy Talent are 100% Pukkelpop material. Also Rise Against is playing some festivals in August in Germany. I can see all three playing at PKP.

Edited by johnybegood

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Not a main headliner but I'd really want to see Justice at PKP. Hopefully closing the Shelter one of the nights. Are they really big in Belgium?

They wouldn't close the shelter. 

They'd be main stage closers or headline the dance hall like Soulwax or Disclosure have done. if so, it'll be rammed.